PDA

View Full Version : New Signature Rule

PhilDernerJr
2007-07-04, 08:45 PM
The existing rule that we have for images in signatures limits its height to 75 pixels high.

We have a modification to that which applies to the height of text in a signature.

No signature text is to exceed four lines in height. This includes skipped lines.

For example, this...

"I like hot dogs.

My favorite plane is the F-100

OMFGBBQ!!1!!"

...is too high. Though there are three lines of text, the skipped lines with it totals 5 lines.

There are several examples of members with this currently. Any signatures that still violate this rule as of Saturday will be removed by administrators.

Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have.

ADDED NOTE: Pardon the lack of explanation in the above. These rules have been created so that signatures because some text signatures are bigger than people's actual posts, and affect the flow of messages. Same for the images, as they are a distraction when too large when people are trying to read a thread. Thanks!

nwafan20
2007-07-05, 01:46 PM
Does that rule include combined pictures and text?

My signature is as such:

a x75 image
Jetphotos link
Airliners link
-Matt

Is that ok?

PhilDernerJr
2007-07-06, 03:00 PM
That's fine.

I didn't come up with a rule in terms of combined image with text, but I think an image and 3 lines is fair.

N790SW
2007-07-06, 08:08 PM
Although my signature is only two lines or so, My question is why was this rule created?

nwafan20
2007-07-06, 08:25 PM
Although my signature is only two lines or so, My question is why was this rule created?

These rules have been created so that signatures because some text signatures are bigger than people's actual posts, and affect the flow of messages. Same for the images, as they are a distraction when too large when people are trying to read a thread. Thanks!

N790SW
2007-07-06, 10:55 PM
thank you nwafan!