PDA

View Full Version : The England Bomb Attempts

PhilDernerJr
2007-07-04, 10:13 AM
The bombing attempts in London and Glasgow are shocking to me not because they've brought car bombs to the Western world, and not because people almost died, but because the terrorists in the attack were extremely incompetent.

These guys were doctors, and they couldn't accomplish their mission. there's nothing difficult about a car bomb, I wouldn't think. How do you mess that up? It's almost scary, as if they wanted to fail.

Now the news is saying that there was a warnings months ago that said "Those who cure you are going to kill you." Was this car bombing thing really expected by Al Qaeda to kill that many people even if it did succeed? I doubt they have an army of other doctors still waiting for more attacks.

Al Qaeda seems to be using some real basic means of creating attacks, which makes me think that we've made them much more unstable than they and the media implies.

In addition, I'm not as concerned about similar attacks in the US. Though they are likely, I can't find it reach the epidemic threat level that they have in England or France, as the US just does not have as much of a deep rooted Muslim presence.

However, we do need to step up our human intelligence. That is the only way that we can stop these attacks. We need people that are already in the Muslim community that are sick of extremists making them look bad and finally standing up by sharing info. Would the Fort Dix bombing have been prevented if the terrorists didn't make the dumb move they made? (having terror films edited at a video store). We need Muslim Americans to step up for us.

NcSchu
2007-07-04, 11:06 AM
Well according to the articles I've read on the topic, it is apparently difficult to set off a car bomb using the methods these people chose. They needed a lot more catalyst to create an actual explosion. As seen with the Glasgow attempt, the amount they used only succeeded in making their vehicle catch on fire. People are speculating right now that the reason all of the attempted bombers were in the National heath system was because, due to a lack of doctors in the UK, they might have been subject to less background checks to hurry up the process.

T-Bird76
2007-07-04, 12:37 PM
The car bombs in Enlgand and Ireland should be a huge wake up call to free world that we are still under attack and these pigs will use the most terrifying means to disrupt our way of life. I'm happy the new PM of the U.K is as Hawkish as he is.

Midnight Mike
2007-07-04, 01:24 PM
Here ya go Phil, then you will love this guy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QYUyh_D91QU

Tom_Turner
2007-07-04, 01:51 PM
When you stop and think about the 1st World Trade Center bombing, it was something of a joke - though potentially catastrophic. But then they came back and got the job done with a "spectacular".

It is a determined bunch of folks - some clearly morons, others quite smart - but the problem is the determination to try..and try...and try...and try again.

You know though..even without the greatest Human Intelligence, we had so many folks try to tip us off to 911. The time and place were not served up, but the concept of what was going to happen was there... people tried to warn us.

One thing that might help though, is to get rid of this notion of Islamic terrorists being comprised solely of displaced oppressed young men from refugee camps. Its not always the right profile. It is not the story of Bin Laden's life and I suspect it is not the life story of these demented doctors either. There is a political component for some no doubt - but a hateful theology as well that is probably not appeased by any political solution.

Like Phil wrote - we need Help!