PDA

View Full Version : Mac Stores ban Myspace

Mellyrose
2007-07-03, 09:07 AM
This is GREAT news. Everytime I would take Phil to the Apple Store to show him the amazing 30" flat panel displays, we'd always find ourselves waiting behind some overweight 14 year olds checking out their sparkly, browser crashing Myspace pages on them. They would literally be standing there from the time we walked in, until we checked back around to see if it was available again...just staring at Myspace. This was a good call on Apple's part.

http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9722963-1.html

flyboy 28
2007-07-03, 09:26 AM
Interesting. Whenever I went into the Mac Store in Bridgewater, there's usually only four or five other people in there. I haven't been there much, but the two or three times, that's been the case.

p.s. I too, enjoy gawking over that 30-inch flat screen. That and playing with the iPods with the noise-canceling headphones. That'll make you dizzy if nothing is playing. :roll:

Mellyrose
2007-07-03, 10:05 AM
Oh, I was talking about the new (opened last spring) 5th Avenue Store...it's a 24/7 store, and swarming with people ALL THE TIME.

flyboy 28
2007-07-03, 10:13 AM
Yeah, I figured. I've been by there once but never in it. I guess the (dis)advantages of not living in the city.

Matt Molnar
2007-07-03, 11:06 AM
...their sparkly, browser crashing Myspace pages on them.
Crashing because they were using Safari, of course. :D

yaas
2007-07-03, 11:49 AM
I would go to the Apple store and leave up music pages of bands that I liked! Best use of myspace/applestore

PhilDernerJr
2007-07-03, 04:14 PM
I was just in the apple store and left NYCA up on the computer.

I was going to try MySpace, but I didn't know if Apple hippies would try to tackle me if I did.

T-Bird76
2007-07-03, 04:33 PM
While it might be annoying to have Myspace on the computers by letting the teens on them is a great way to get them to get their parents to buy them. Overall it’s a poor marketing move by Mac, they simple could put software on that limits the time someone can use the machine. What is a better way of selling something but to let the customer use the machine how they'd use it at home.

PhilDernerJr
2007-07-03, 04:41 PM
I think it's an excellent move by Mac. The reason they have those computers in their stores is so people can try them out and hopefully buy one. If some 15 year old parks in front of one for long periods of time looking for new friends on MySpace, others can't get to enjoy the computer.

Mellyrose
2007-07-03, 05:03 PM
Yeah, it's not the public library! It's a retail store. It was obviously getting way out of hand. Also, if your kid is only using a computer to go on Myspace, they don't need a Mac. :roll:

PhilDernerJr
2007-07-03, 06:55 PM
Y... if your kid is only using a computer to go on Myspace, they don't need a Mac. :roll:

Snooty Mac users. "Oh, Macs are only for people who use the intarweb for a PURPOSE!"

Mellyrose
2007-07-03, 06:58 PM
I actually meant people who use their computers for a purpose besides the intarweb. GAWD.

cancidas
2007-07-03, 11:29 PM
i only wish my job would eliminate myspace from our computers, certain people let it get in the way of thier work...

nwafan20
2007-07-03, 11:45 PM
I actually meant people who use their computers for a purpose besides the intarweb. GAWD.

Oh you mean like use them as boat anchors? http://www.tintdude.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/duck.gif

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cvXZVJXIyqM

:D