PDA

View Full Version : Spotting in YVR (Vancouver)

T-Bird76
2007-07-02, 10:50 PM
Sorry no pics, yet. I'm in Vancouver for the entire week and this afternoon after work I drove down to YVR, which is only a turn of my head since my hotel overlooks the runway, great views. Anyway I digress, I'm blown away how easy and popular spotting is at this airport, all around the airport there were people spotting, families, couples, all ages. People were right up against the fence, pulled over (as I write this an EVA 777 just went right past my window, awesome!), they even have a spotting park sponsored by the airlines.

Anyway I'm just blown away by how spotter friendly this airport is. Weather this evening wasn't that great so I only got a picture of a Fokker F70 and an old Martin prop job. The rest of the week is supposed to look good so I'm planning this Friday to go out after work. Amazing that the sun stays out until 10! You have the wonderful evening light from about 6 to 9, just awesome! So I'm hoping for some good shots later this week.

tipek
2007-07-03, 07:46 AM
Post some pictures and describe locations :) I'll be there in two weeks, and again in August.

Rafal

T-Bird76
2007-07-03, 11:27 AM
Post some pictures and describe locations :) I'll be there in two weeks, and again in August.

Rafal

I don't have PS on my laptop Rafal so I won't be able to post pictures but as for as locations its as easy simply driving around the airport. The most common spots are on Templeton St., just drive along Templeton and you'll see cars park in all sorts of spots, don't be affraid to park where you want everyone does, and you can get some nice side profiles which I know you like. The other good spot which is a morning spot is the parking lot at the South Terminal, its pay parking but its 2 bucks for two hours so its not a big deal. They do have a spotting park but its not the best for pictures. Trust me Rafal you'll learn the airport after just driving around for five mins. The WX is looking good the rest of the week here so I wan to nail the EVA 777 and some of the Air Transats that come in.