PDA

View Full Version : Live Free Die Hard Premiere, now with "trip report"

Mellyrose
2007-06-22, 03:52 PM
Wooohooo! I'm goin to the premiere of the new Die Hard movie at Radio City tonight and sitting in the reserved orchestra section. Maybe I'll bump into Bruce on the red carpet! ;)

I'm sorry...I'm excited and had to post about it.

Midnight Mike
2007-06-22, 04:03 PM
Wooohooo! I'm goin to the premiere of the new Die Hard movie at Radio City tonight and sitting in the reserved orchestra section. Maybe I'll bump into Bruce on the red carpet! ;)

I'm sorry...I'm excited and had to post about it.

Oh you will have lots of fun, don't be shy, talk to everbody, there will be lots of stars.

Remember now, have Phil show lots of cleavage if he is going with ya...... :lol:

Mellyrose
2007-06-22, 04:05 PM
Phil isn't going with me...that's the ONLY bad thing about this. :(

I wish I could bring him, but he's on his way to foreign countries. I'm going with my coworker.

T-Bird76
2007-06-22, 04:11 PM
Oh those are always fun! Have fun Mel. I'll picking out new flooring tonight. LOL

Midnight Mike
2007-06-22, 04:30 PM
Phil isn't going with me...that's the ONLY bad thing about this. :(

I wish I could bring him, but he's on his way to foreign countries. I'm going with my coworker.

Oh well, have fun without him!!!!! These movie premiers are lots of fun, you never know who you are going to bump into.....

AirtrafficController
2007-06-22, 04:46 PM
I saw Bruce at Guitar Center yesterday

Midnight Mike
2007-06-22, 05:15 PM
Mel

This smiley is for you!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/MidnightMike/Smileys/party-smiley-038.gif

And this smiley is for when you wear that smoking hot Hollywood dresshttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/MidnightMike/Smileys/shocked016.gif

Don't forget your popcornhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/MidnightMike/Smileys/popcorn.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/MidnightMike/Smileys/popcorn.gif

Mellyrose
2007-06-22, 05:36 PM
Haha...thanks Mike! :-P

nwafan20
2007-06-22, 06:23 PM
Lucky you.. Never even been close to a premiere. I guess that comes with living in New York. Have a fun time!

flyboy 28
2007-06-22, 10:10 PM
I saw Bruce at Guitar Center yesterday

The one in Springfield? I love that place.

Mellyrose
2007-06-23, 12:30 AM
Just got in....it was SO much fun!

I'll make it brief. There was a HUGE crowd....it was the real deal: red carpet, huge lights, camera, crazy security, etc.

My company works with an company I can't mention (but let's just say most movies wouldn't be made if it weren't for this company), so we got lucky and wound up with "reserved orchestra" tickets. Not only was I sitting in the perfect seat...almost dead center (maybe 20 rows from the pit), but Bruce, Ashton, Demi, Kevin Smith and the rest of the cast were just a couple rows behind me!

Right before the show began, the director got on stage and introduced the cast. Everyone seemed very excited and the crowd was extremely into it (full house by the way, which at Radio City=6000).

The movie was great (and long: close to 2 1/2 hours)....parts of it far fetched, but what else can you really expect from a Die Hard flick? I won't divulge the plot, but it's actually pretty scary. It was fun experiencing and being part of the crowd's reactions, as if it were a live play...the applauding, cheering, etc.

After it was over, we ran into Bruce, Ashton, Demi's daughter Rumer (who is strikingly beautiful), and Justin Long in the aisle, and at the top of the ramps near the lobby. I don't usually get star-struck, but standing 14 inches from Bruce Willis was ****ING COOL.

So, that was my night. I wish Phil was there, but all in all, it was a ton of fun!

Go see the movie! :)

Midnight Mike
2007-06-23, 09:10 AM
Mel

Glad that you had fun! It is pretty cool the first time you bump into a Hollywood star.

Mellyrose
2007-06-23, 09:19 AM
Actually...it wasn't the first time BUT it was definitely the most notable!

LGA777
2007-06-23, 12:04 PM
Very cool story Mel, really glad you got to go !

Ron