PDA

View Full Version : Aer Lingus Flight Rotation at JFK

shamrock838
2007-06-20, 04:04 PM
Greetings,

I’ve noticed that the following the three Aer Lingus 3 (evening) flights are scheduled to leave JFK Terminal 4 as follows:

1740 hrs – Flight 104 (to Dublin) usually from Gate 2.
1840 hrs – Flight 110 (to Shannon) usually from Gate 4.
2140 hrs – Flight 108 (to Dublin) usually from Gate 2.

I’ve also noticed that incoming Flight 111 (from Shannon) … scheduled to arrive around 1615 hrs … usually parks at Gate 4. Is it safe to assume that this flight is turned around … i.e. replenished … and goes back to Shannon as Flight 110? Are transatlantic flights are rotated that soon? Don't these Airbus A330-300s need to catch their breath ... or something such? ... LOL.

Since my wife and I are flying Flight 108 to Dublin on September 15 … when does that particular aircraft usually arrive at JFK?

Just curious about all this. Thanks.

Mike (shamrock838)

PhilDernerJr
2007-06-20, 04:37 PM
2 hours and 25 minutes is a very fair amount of time to turn around an airliner of that size.

Granted, there are a lot of factors at play that can set it back alittle. Cleaners (contracted out to Swissport) showing up late, late crewmember, or anything.

Aer Lingus flights are not too bad. Pasengers don't pack and ungodly amount of bags like other JFK airlines do, and they havemost of the their operation down pat (no Irish pun on the Pat :lol:).

To turn an aircraft, the following happens:

Offload pax
Offload bags
Clean aircraft
Service lavs
Water service
MX checks
Decater/cater aircraft
Fuel aircraft
Crew swap/crew security checks
Load bags
Board pax
Pushback

Though that's a lot to do to a plane, and each of those have their own processes within them, all cna easily be done in that timeframe, and much of it simultaneously.

Ari707
2007-06-20, 04:43 PM
Flt 105 arr at 1300
Flt 109 arr at 1930
Flt 111 arr at 1615

shamrock838
2007-06-20, 04:52 PM
2 hours and 25 minutes is a very fair amount of time to turn around an airliner of that size.

Granted, there are a lot of factors at play that can set it back alittle. Cleaners (contracted out to Swissport) showing up late, late crewmember, or anything.

Aer Lingus flights are not too bad. Pasengers don't pack and ungodly amount of bags like other JFK airlines do, and they havemost of the their operation down pat (no Irish pun on the Pat :lol:).

To turn an aircraft, the following happens:

Offload pax
Offload bags
Clean aircraft
Service lavs
Water service
MX checks
Decater/cater aircraft
Fuel aircraft
Crew swap/crew security checks
Load bags
Board pax
Pushback

Though that's a lot to do to a plane, and each of those have their own processes within them, all cna easily be done in that timeframe, and much of it simultaneously.

Phil,

Nice, succinct reply. Thanks.

Mike (shamrock838)