PDA

View Full Version : Getting to ISP from Manhattan

Mellyrose
2007-06-20, 02:53 PM
What is the most efficient (time/cost-wise) to get to ISP from Manhattan WITHOUT a car? I’ve read something about shuttle service between Ronkonkoma train station and the airport, but is this really that simple/reliable? How long would it take on a Friday afternoon?

Any suggestion and details would be appreciated :)

PhilDernerJr
2007-06-20, 02:53 PM
I've seen people take a G-V from LGA to ISP before. Maybe we should consider that.

T-Bird76
2007-06-20, 03:09 PM
LIRR is the most efficient and really the only way besides car. The shuttle is 5 bucks from the terminal and the station is 2 mins away. Doesn't matter what day the travel time on the train is about an hour ten. Trains leave every hour to the city EXCEPT during rush hour where you only get one or two trains heading westbound, check MTA's website for schedules.

emshighway
2007-06-20, 05:04 PM
LIRR is the most efficient and really the only way besides car. The shuttle is 5 bucks from the terminal and the station is 2 mins away. Doesn't matter what day the travel time on the train is about an hour ten. Trains leave every hour to the city EXCEPT during rush hour where you only get one or two trains heading westbound, check MTA's website for schedules.

Shuttle bus from station to airport is pretty reliable. I believe it is on the hour.

cancidas
2007-06-20, 06:04 PM
before i had wheels i used to take the LIRR to my flight lessons at FRG. just packed a bike and rode along conklin ave from the pinelawn station. tommy is right, take the train.

mirrodie
2007-06-20, 08:25 PM
Tom is riht but if the shuttle is not there, catch a cab over to ISP. Also, if you are travleing really light and its a nice day, you can literally walk it in 25 minutes over from the station platform to the ISP terminal

lijk604
2007-06-20, 08:32 PM
Tom is riht but if the shuttle is not there, catch a cab over to ISP. Also, if you are travleing really light and its a nice day, you can literally walk it in 25 minutes over from the station platform to the ISP terminal

walk it in 25 mins!!!!!??? Mario, they can't walk across the tarmac! LOL!

mirrodie
2007-06-20, 08:49 PM
OK, c'mon now John. ;)

If I cut across the tarmac, I could sprint in 7 minutes. (But why wouldn't you stop and watch all the purdy lil planes)

Young healthy dudes like us, you can walk it in a 30 minutes.

T-Bird76
2007-06-20, 09:59 PM

Mario put down the wine glass....LOL No way you can walk it, unless you want to get smacked by a semi on Lakeland Ave. LOL

emshighway
2007-06-21, 09:06 AM

Be careful, the cabs will try to rip you off. They want too much $$ for the quick ride.