PDA

View Full Version : Pakis Call for England Suicide Bombs

PhilDernerJr
2007-06-18, 01:09 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,283835,00.html

So Muslims in Pakistan are calling for suicide bombings against England for the knighting of an author they don't like.

However, Muslims were bombing MOSQUES in Palistine, and you don't hear about any Muslims speaking out against it. It's ok if it's their own apparently, no matter how severe the crime.

flyboy 28
2007-06-19, 10:13 PM
Kind of like the nonsense about that Danish political cartoon about a year back. It boggles the mind.

Mateo
2007-06-20, 07:12 PM
Phil,
"Paki" is generally seen as a derogatory term. You may want to consider changing the title of the topic.

emshighway
2007-06-20, 07:15 PM
Phil,
"Paki" is generally seen as a derogatory term. You may want to consider changing the title of the topic.

Sort of like "Yankees"

nwafan20
2007-06-20, 09:33 PM
Phil,

Since when do we have to be politically correct to death on this forum? The title is fine, and its true.

tipek
2007-06-20, 10:28 PM
Its not about being politicaly correct. Its about respect.

T-Bird76
2007-06-20, 10:35 PM
Ok so killing innocent English citizens is respectful? More then half the country of Pakistan would love to see us dead, but lets be respectful. The only reason we lifted sanctions on Pakistan was because we gave them an ultimatum. We should be bulldozing the entire boarder of Afghanistan and Pakistan including every village that stands in between, instead we ***** foot
around. Give me a break guys we are already to nice to the Pakis.

tipek
2007-06-20, 10:55 PM
Tommy,

I'm not talking about the situation in Pakistan. I'm talking about subject of this topic.
I'm not going into any political discussions. I just second Matts post. Paki its a slur which shouldn't be used.

T-Bird76
2007-06-20, 11:02 PM
Tommy,

I'm not talking about the situation in Pakistan. I'm talking about subject of this topic.
I'm not going into any political discussions. I just second Matts post. Paki its a slur which shouldn't be used.

How does it show disrespect? As EMS stated half the world calls us Yankees or even Yanks, are we crying over it? I'd like to know what is so bad about calling then Pakis?

nwafan20
2007-06-20, 11:11 PM
How is it disrespectful? Like everyone has pointed out, New Yorkers are called Yanks. In Michigan, the lower peninsula people are called Trolls (under the bridge) So what? I don't care, it doesn't matter. Who cares? Its just a name, why should anyone care about a name?

PC is taking over this world. Who cares about a name? I really don't think the majority of people mind being called Pakis, since that is their country of origin....

I guess the message I am trying to get across is: its just a name ITS NO BIG DEAL!!!

Lets focus on the real issue here, people calling for England suicide bombs...

tipek
2007-06-20, 11:34 PM
New Yorkers are called Yankees, not entire population of USA. Correct me if I'm wrong, but do you guys have a team called New York Yankees? I guess they wouldn't call it Yankees if it was offensive.

"Paki (plural Pakis)

(UK, Canada, offensive, racial slur) A Pakistani, or, more generally and incorrectly used, a person who is perceived to be a Pakistani; often wrongly applied to persons of any South Asian or Indian Subcontinent origin. See usage notes.

The abbreviation Paki acquired offensive connotations in the 1960s when used by British tabloids to refer to subjects of former colony states in a derogatory and racist manner. In modern British usage "Paki" is typically used in a derogatory way as a label for all South Asians, including Indians and Bangladeshis. To a lesser extent, the term has been applied as a racial slur towards Arabs and other Middle Eastern-looking groups who may resemble South Asians. During the 60's many emigrants were also classed as "black" to further segregrate them from the white community. Some would say such a division still exists in parts of England."

nwafan20
2007-06-20, 11:39 PM
But that is NOT the context of which it was used.

It was used to talk about people from PAKISTAN therefore Paki is an appropriate term!

Paki is not offensive at all when talking about PAKISTANIS!

Pakistan on Monday condemned Britain's award of a knighthood to author Salman Rushdie as an affront to Muslim sentiments, and a Cabinet minister said the honor provided a justification for suicide attacks.

hiss srq
2007-06-21, 12:19 AM
Paki is okay with me, if we were to call them spin starts than perhaps yes there would be an issue. Lest we not forget either way this is about them trying to kill innocent Brittons. I am not refering to the entire race on the following comment but let us be realistic here, these animals have zero respect for anyone elses life so who gives a **** if it is an offensive word to refer to them. THey s hould be locked in dog cages for the rest of their lives either way for their intentions as far as I am concerned aling with any other individual who does such or plans such against innocent civillian populations intentionally. Also because I know some libby is going to chime in and say what is the US/UK doing in Iraq right now that is not the same. They are inflicting harm and terroristic action on civillians in Iraq thus the military forces are involved in the war along with a great other multitude of reasons. Call me whatever you want for it but the bottom line is if they cannot respect human life in a civilized population I can give **** if calling them Paki's is going to make them cry. They lost their rights to respect when they involved themselves in these kind of sick plots.

T-Bird76
2007-06-21, 08:58 AM
[quote="tipek"]New Yorkers are called Yankees, not entire population of USA. Correct me if I'm wrong, but do you guys have a team called New York Yankees? I guess they wouldn't call it Yankees if it was offensive.[quote]

The term Yanks is directed to all American's. Its generally a term Western Europeans use to refer to American's.

PhilDernerJr
2007-06-21, 09:26 AM
It's an abbreviation, and was used as such.

It's a British term, as the definition shows, so I don't think the slur even applies here.

We don't yell at Brits (Is Brit a slur?) when they say "Can I bum a ***?"

emshighway
2007-06-21, 01:21 PM
You want to use the term the Paki's use for Americans?

Infidels!!!

T-Bird76
2007-06-21, 01:38 PM
You want to use the term the Paki's use for Americans?

Infidels!!!

Good point.