PDA

View Full Version : US Airways to Order About 90 Planes From Airbus, Person Says

TallDutch
2007-06-18, 02:36 AM
US Airways Group Inc. plans to order at least 90 Airbus SAS aircraft valued at more than $10.7 billion to replace planes and add long-range jets, a person with direct knowledge of the sale said.

US Airways will purchase about 60 single-aisle Airbus A320 aircraft, eight wide-body A330s and 22 long-range A350 XWB jets, said the person, who asked not to be identified before today's announcement at the Paris air show. US Airways, the seventh- largest U.S. carrier, chose the Airbus planes over Boeing Co.'s 737 and 787 Dreamliner models after months of negotiations.

Newer jets would save money on maintenance and fuel and enable US Airways to fly nonstop U.S.-China routes as the number of daily flights between the countries more than doubles by 2012. The sale also is a victory for Airbus, which trails Boeing in orders of 300-seat jetliners like the A350.

US Airways ``needed to do something because a lot of their direct competitors have already ordered the 787,'' said George Hamlin, managing director of Airline Capital Associates in Fairfax, Virginia. ``They also gain the efficiencies of moving toward an all-Airbus fleet for their narrow-bodies.''

US Airways, of Tempe, Arizona, declined to comment on the order. Mary Anne Greczyn, a North American spokeswoman for Toulouse, France-based Airbus, didn't immediately return a phone call or e-mail seeking comment yesterday. Phone messages to Boeing after regular business hours weren't immediately returned.

Deliveries of the A320s would begin about 2010, the A330s in 2009 and the A350s in 2014, the person said. The A320s seat about 150 passengers, while the other two planes can carry about 300 people, depending on how they're configured.

List Prices

The 60 A320s carry a list price of $4.38 billion; the A330s, at least $1.32 billion; and the A350s, $5.04 billion. Airlines generally negotiate rates below list price when ordering multiple aircraft.

Airbus headed into this week's Paris air show with just 13 A350 XWB orders, compared with 584 for Boeing's Dreamliner.

A 787 order by US Airways ``would have been a bitter blow to Airbus,'' Hamlin said. ``This was one they could not afford to lose.''

Airbus, a unit of European Aerospace & Defence Co., needs 100 firm orders for the A350 XWB at the Paris show to signal that the planemaker is making a comeback, said Richard Aboulafia, vice president of consulting firm Teal Group in Fairfax, Virginia.

Order Modified

For US Airways, buying A350 XWBs is a modification to an order for 20 A350s that the carrier placed in November 2005. That transaction came in exchange for a $250 million Airbus loan that helped finance the merger of US Airways and America West Holdings Corp.

US Airways has 358 aircraft in its main jet fleet: 205 from Airbus, 148 from Chicago-based Boeing and five from Brazil's Embraer. The A320s will replace the airline's 55 Boeing 737- 300s, while the wide-body jets will enable the carrier to retire models including Airbus A330s and Boeing 767ERs, US Airways has said.

The carrier's twin-engine 737s date to the late 1980s and are its oldest aircraft, according to Airclaims, an industry database.

US Airways already had 37 firm orders for Airbus planes to be delivered in 2008 through 2010 and also has firm orders for 22 Embraer E190s. Those 100-seat jets will be delivered this year through 2012.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... r=currency (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601083&sid=auDdiI5WInME&refer=currency)

nwafan20
2007-06-18, 02:44 AM
I saw this coming, US was using Boeing as a negotiating tool

stuart schechter
2007-06-18, 02:55 AM
US should keep OUR economy going. Yay for outsourcing!!!! NOT!

DHG750R
2007-06-18, 03:43 AM
Saw this on Yahoo just a few mins ago..

just saw this on Yahoo , no mention of a narrowbody order

[quote:ab92f]11 minutes ago

EADS (EAD.PA) (EAD.DE) unit Airbus has clinched a U.S. Airways (NYSE:LCC - news) order for 22 A350 XWB planes worth more than $4 billion at list prices, sources said on Monday.

Together with 80 A350 XWB orders expected from Qatar, that would nudge Airbus to over 100 orders for its crucial new plane that will compete with Boeing's 787, which has almost 600 orders.
[/quote:ab92f]

Art at ISP
2007-06-18, 07:37 AM
At least they are consistent --stepping over dollars to save dimes.

A Boeing order would have made more sense....widebodies much sooner.

And airplanes actually CAPABLE of transcons fully loaded.

Watch the new A320's will have 200 seats (and I am NOT talking about a 321!)

T-Bird76
2007-06-18, 10:04 AM
I wonder what kind of deal Airbus gave them? 2 for 1 or perhaps 1 for 5.....It doesn't make any sense to order the A350 at this point, this puts US behind airlines like CO and NW who'll be flying newer planes on competing routes.

AirtrafficController
2007-06-18, 10:49 AM
The 787 would of been the better choice in my opinion

hiss srq
2007-06-18, 11:03 AM
I am disgusted by this order. No other words.

adam613
2007-06-18, 11:52 AM
USAir already owns a lot of A320s and A330s...nothing like throwing bad money after good, eh?

(Is the A350 going to share a type rating with the A320 and A330?)

PHL Approach
2007-06-18, 01:26 PM
Apparently this is too harsh for the lovely A.net mods... Mario ;) j/k

MORONS!! Don't get me wrong Im an Airbus fan. But this is going in the opposite direction then what the company wants to go in. More narrowbody Airbii.... Great more Tech stops on those Transcons, can't wait! They say they are very committed to increasing Intl service in a very short period of time - That will happen with A350s... That are coming in what now 2013?!?!? I just cannot believe they didnt go Boeing. I will still wait to see the companys press release to hear why they made this decision other than price if any other reasons. I think the head of the Fleet Analyst Team should be fired IMO.

Iberia A340-600
2007-06-18, 01:41 PM
I am very surprised that US Airways went with Airbus, I was so sure they where leaning towards Boeing.

Well at least we will finally see a US Airways A330-200!

hiss srq
2007-06-18, 01:46 PM
It is extremely unfortuneate we have just shot ourselves in the foot for ANOTHER 20+ years by ordering these peices of garbage that wecall 321's and 320's as well as an airplane we are not even sure of the unveiling date on. Horrible decision. Utterly disgusting that US did not go with Boeing but instead went with the "paper airplane."

SP-LPB
2007-06-18, 09:33 PM
It is extremely unfortuneate we have just shot ourselves in the foot for ANOTHER 20+ years by ordering these peices of garbage that wecall 321's and 320's

Please explain...

Does it seem very unfortunate to save money on converting the technical/maintenance base which is A32S oriented? With 737's going is there any sense to split up the medium range fleet yet again. Fleet commonality is a huge money saver.

As for the reliability and your experience with Airbus planes vs. 737NG, I would ask for a clearer explanation of why US came out loosing on this deal. I'm just hoping that what ever you said here has its merits in facts, not opinions and bandwagonism, which this board is full of.

hiss srq
2007-06-18, 10:54 PM
[quote="hiss srq":18c20]It is extremely unfortuneate we have just shot ourselves in the foot for ANOTHER 20+ years by ordering these peices of garbage that wecall 321's and 320's

Please explain...

Does it seem very unfortunate to save money on converting the technical/maintenance base which is A32S oriented? With 737's going is there any sense to split up the medium range fleet yet again. Fleet commonality is a huge money saver.

As for the reliability and your experience with Airbus planes vs. 737NG, I would ask for a clearer explanation of why US came out loosing on this deal. I'm just hoping that what ever you said here has its merits in facts, not opinions and bandwagonism, which this board is full of.[/quote:18c20]
I work in Operation Control at LGA. My job is to handle every last detail of a flight from flight plan to load plan to ramp control which is where my ATC work and knowladge is, fuel control and uplift data, and a zillion other issues. Previous to this I was a station trainer/ maneger for a companyy in Florida that handled all of the outsourced stations of CO, FL, B6, US, Can Jet, AC, Jetsgo, UA @ RSW CapeAir, and Ryan International. My job is to know these things. I deal with it day after day after day. Not to mention though it bares zero relevance to it but I was a LR25/35 F/O for a short time. I know because I deal with the adversity of these airplanes constantly from the balance issues with the 321 and 319, or the fact that the 330 is slightly underpowered in the USAirways varient. This airplane order should have went the other way. Did I forget to m ention that winter winds mean many unscheduled Vegas stops which creates crew time issues, aircraft out of place issues, and if it cancels due to mx you have to shuffle all over the place. USAirways is looking to expand and do it fast. Airbus was not in the best intrest of that. Boeing offered earlier slots and the order was on the books untill last night when it dissapeared. They had confirmed slots and garuntee on frames which they cancelled for that peice of garbage french airplane that is not even more than a theroy at this point and for all we know with the French track record this thing may take in upwards of over ten years to get in service for US so I think I am qualified to say what I say in this instance.

hiss srq
2007-06-18, 10:58 PM
Also as another note on the tech side of conversion. Avionics and very minimal airframe conversion work would have been done had the 737 been the choice narrow body. The CFM is generally the same throughout as far as the 737 and even the bus go with diffrences conversion inbetween. The 737 type rateing is also standardize thus meaning it is a 5 day diffrences in classroom training and a quick sim checkride. Plus with n umbers on order like that a new fleet type would be justifyabe anyway. US just blew money they wont see a return on for a while now when they could have spent it on an earlier and safer return with Boeing or even had extra left over ffor this time period in our business we call a rainy day.

SP-LPB
2007-06-18, 11:22 PM
I know because I deal with the adversity of these airplanes constantly from the balance issues with the 321 and 319, or the fact that the 330 is slightly underpowered in the USAirways varient.

I know that you do, but still no facts.

This airplane order should have went the other way. Did I forget to m ention that winter winds mean many unscheduled Vegas stops which creates crew time issues, aircraft out of place issues, and if it cancels due to mx you have to shuffle all over the place.

Winds can affect any aircraft in any region at any given time. WX is something that should not be an argument here. You're all over the place, I can't see what you are getting at.

USAirways is looking to expand and do it fast. Airbus was not in the best intrest of that. Boeing offered earlier slots and the order was on the books untill last night when it dissapeared.

My reply had nothing to do with A350's, I was replying to your criticizm of the 32S.

They had confirmed slots and garuntee on frames which they cancelled for that peice of garbage french airplane that is not even more than a theroy at this point and for all we know with the French track record this thing may take in upwards of over ten years to get in service for US so I think I am qualified to say what I say in this instance.

I will quote one of aviation world's well respected CEO's here- Tim Clark on the A350:

"We know as much as we need to know about the plane (the A350) to contribute to the decision process,Clark said."

http://investing.reuters.co.uk/news/art ... IRSHOW.XML (http://investing.reuters.co.uk/news/articleinvesting.aspx?type=allBreakingNews&storyID=2007-06-18T110330Z_01_L18491497_RTRIDST_0_EMIRATES-CLARK-AIRSHOW.XML)

Also as another note on the tech side of conversion. Avionics and very minimal airframe conversion work would have been done had the 737 been the choice narrow body.

It means much more; training mechanics, pilots etc, fa's who weren't previously trained on the 737 type. All this at a cost. This is why fleet commonality, once again, is very very important to the industry.

T-Bird76
2007-06-18, 11:27 PM
Jakub your defending a decision without stating any facts of you're own. Art was dead on when he said if they went with a Boeing product they would be able to do Transcon without a tech stop. This is one of jetBlue's biggest problems in the winter. The fact is the A320/321 can't do a fully loaded transcon with headwinds like the 737, that's fact. You're affection for Airbus gets in the way of seeing reality.

SP-LPB
2007-06-18, 11:31 PM
Jakub your defending a decision without stating any facts of you're own. Art was dead on when he said if they went with a Boeing product they would be able to do Transcon without a tech stop. This is one of jetBlue's biggest problems in the winter. The fact is the A320/321 can't do a fully loaded transcon with headwinds like the 737, that's fact.

I haven't read what Art wrote and I reflected upon Hiss' reply. Are all the 320/321's operations TRANSCONs? Maybe they fly on other routes?

You're affection for Airbus gets in the way of seeing reality.

Cheap shot Tommy.

I see no other facts from people who just say "it's straight out garbage." I was using logics of having the same family of aircraft be a huge money saver.

hiss srq
2007-06-18, 11:46 PM
Well do you want the facts. The 320 319 and 321 may not be a weight restricted airplane very often for departure but it is load limited on the airfram for landings meaning that we load and weight restrict our airbuses constantly not for departure in which they are normally okay unless it is the 320 or 321 but for landing. It is a peice of trash. We hurt more passengers with our airbus issues than anything. Also, I would venture to state that approx 80% of our crews are qualifyed 737 crews as a result of the 737 being the premire domestic airplane of the fleet till the frog jet landed and left warts across the fleet. Almost all of the mainline pilots have flown the 737 meaning that they would go in for the 5 dya recurrent and diffrences. As I said before, the 737 is a 737, technichal things are of minimal cost. Avionics diffrences is the biggest change in the MX department followed by the upgraded APU and slight composite diffrences in airframe. Cost diffrences are justifyed and minimal enough to mot nake as much an impact as the res transfer did in March. I can tell you that much. Youi ar partial to the Airbus as I see but the fact is coming from the person who lives eats and sleeps the technichal aspects, operational cost, issues etc of the entire fleet this order was a shot in the foot to the company in the long run. The only thing it helped in is we may be able to containerize some stuff if we choose to get the iption on the airbus narrow body orders from here in. Even that as a merit is debateable becauser in the case of the 321 to maintain optimum balance as well as critical we need 85% of the load for cargo etc aft and we also run into issues with a light bird because we cannot remove first class passengers from that cabin as a rule so what do you do. Oh not to mention the issues with CG on the 319 because of it's size as well. Shes slightly tipsy and as shown in the early days prone to slamming the tail against the ground on rotation. Has not happened in a while but you asked for my arguements. N ow the 737 on the other hand. You can load a 737 maxed out and CG is almost a non issue as long as you can do it without running out of trim. Keep that tail down and save money is my motto.

DHG750R
2007-06-19, 02:28 AM
Just to add a little something here,
The A320 series of USAirways' are decent performers and are certainly good aircraft overall. They aren't necessarily the best choice for USAirways from a performance standpoint. Fact is the 737NG's carry a higher payload , further. The small difference in cabin width is negligible. The commonality with the existing fleet and what we all imagine are deep discounts likely swayed the deal. ( both very valid reasons to get the Bus' )
When USAirways purchased the A321 in particular , they (USAirways & Airbus) promised an aircraft which would replace the 757's US consequently canceled the remaining 10 orders of the 757 along with 30 or so 737-300/400/500's. which were on order for the bad old days of the late 80's / early 90's

It didn't take long for all involved in the company to realize the A321 was not what was touted in terms of performance. By performance I mean , ability to carry the promised payload trans-con , from shorter runways ( I.E. DCA & LGA ) . Then there are the climb issues. When departing LAX, the A320 & A321 were unable to meet crossing restrictions when departing to the west - which is the prevailing direction most of the time ( meaning climb ratio) for the LAX SIDs. This forced a longer westbound climb to allow the eastbound turn at a higher altitude-while the aircraft burned additional fuel . This was at the cost of .... you guessed it Payload.

Bottom line. Will the company benefit from fleet commonality? Absolutely
Did the company make a killer deal ? most likely.

Will the Boeing vs. Airbus argument even end? no way.

The 757's haven't been replaced and or phased out for the simple reason. They have no replacement. Airbus cant come close . Boeing is getting closer but nothing ( except a 767-200 ) comes close on performance.

Having a mixed fleet is not always the desire , but you need to match the aircraft with the mission. Something that US hasn't always done a good job of. The A321's are best on a under 2000NM trip .

The 757's are best left to routes where performance is needed. Places like Vail / Eagle Colorado , trans-cons and transatlantic.

T-Bird76
2007-06-19, 03:06 PM
[quote="T-Bird76":d7dc3]Jakub your defending a decision without stating any facts of you're own. Art was dead on when he said if they went with a Boeing product they would be able to do Transcon without a tech stop. This is one of jetBlue's biggest problems in the winter. The fact is the A320/321 can't do a fully loaded transcon with headwinds like the 737, that's fact.

I haven't read what Art wrote and I reflected upon Hiss' reply. Are all the 320/321's operations TRANSCONs? Maybe they fly on other routes?

You're affection for Airbus gets in the way of seeing reality.

Cheap shot Tommy.

I see no other facts from people who just say "it's straight out garbage." I was using logics of having the same family of aircraft be a huge money saver.[/quote:d7dc3]

I think this article will sum up that the A350 is a failure before it's even taken off for its first flight. U.S is being penny wise and dollar foolish.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19310792/

SP-LPB
2007-06-19, 04:56 PM
I think this article will sum up that the A350 is a failure before it's even taken off for its first flight. U.S is being penny wise and dollar foolish.

Coming from the same source:

"Udvar-Hazy added that he would meet with Airbus co-Chief Executive Louis Gallois to discuss progress on the A350 on Wednesday, but declined to elaborate. ILFC originally ordered 16 A350s, but those are on hold following the redesign."

You're putting the nail in the coffin too early. If the redesign is going to be better ILFC will retain its 16 orders which were just a taste of what they are able to order in the future. I think that Udvar-Hazy is too street(industry) smart to look at something that is"failure before it's even taken off for its first flight," but guess what he had a look and he's got 16 frames. They are on hold however, but for a commitment to be made from "the man of the industry" is something to look at.

Listen to the voices of experts and not to the criticism of the media, which is becoming a trendy, but very easy to get drawn into.

nwafan20
2007-06-19, 06:53 PM
Exactly, look at what Udvar-Hazy is saying, he just ordered 50 more, making that 74 firm from IFLC and hes STILL talking to Boeing about more.

The A350, he has 16 on hold.... That is nothing, and its on hold!

Also, just look at what the true experts (the airlines) are saying... Boeing 787 orders are what now, 648 firm? Airbus A350 firm? 127.

Airlines have spoken, the 787 is the winner.

You need to get your head out of Airbuses ass and see the facts, sorry, but that is the truth.

SP-LPB
2007-06-19, 08:30 PM
Also, just look at what the true experts (the airlines) are saying... Boeing 787 orders are what now, 648 firm? Airbus A350 firm? 127.

How long has the A350XWB been on the market? Do you expect to market a plane in 6 months or so, whith data still being specified?

You need to get your head out of Airbuses ass and see the facts, sorry, but that is the truth.

You need to start seeing the industry in a more critical way. Not from a standpoint of one aircraft manufacturer. You are not even letting Airbus prove what the aircraft is able to do, but of course saying that it's garbage is easy. Very premature and yet so extreme in beliefs that it drives me to think that you're level of thinking is very primitive. I'll break the news to you now, there need to be more than 1 aircraft manufacturers around the world, there can't be one. Airlines need to be considered as the true beneficiaries of competition. I will stand by many decisions made by airlines around the world to order 787's, for example NH, CO, QF. Yet you find it as a horrible ice breaker and it's hard to comprehend that there can't be ONLY 1 plane manufacturer. In the case of US I am glad of the choice they made, because this is the product they needed. Find some respect for those in charge of the company. There is team of people working in choosing an aircraft not a single guru. US got the deal best for them, so be it. All in all wherever you look around this board the place is filled with malcontents, people who show they're true character by simply complaining like old ladies. JetBlue, 9 hour delay, oh they airline is gone it sucks, dead! Well guess what terminals are filled with passengers willing to give their business to them. Things happen, but you make such a huge hype of a single incident, that you don't remember the positives but rather give way to negatives. One day this one-mindedness will have its outcomes.

You see it your way try to see it the other way... Very blunt response, however I won't reply to its low level.

T-Bird76
2007-06-19, 09:27 PM
[quote="T-Bird76":07966]I think this article will sum up that the A350 is a failure before it's even taken off for its first flight. U.S is being penny wise and dollar foolish.

Coming from the same source:

"Udvar-Hazy added that he would meet with Airbus co-Chief Executive Louis Gallois to discuss progress on the A350 on Wednesday, but declined to elaborate. ILFC originally ordered 16 A350s, but those are on hold following the redesign."

You're putting the nail in the coffin too early. If the redesign is going to be better ILFC will retain its 16 orders which were just a taste of what they are able to order in the future. I think that Udvar-Hazy is too street(industry) smart to look at something that is"failure before it's even taken off for its first flight," but guess what he had a look and he's got 16 frames. They are on hold however, but for a commitment to be made from "the man of the industry" is something to look at.

Listen to the voices of experts and not to the criticism of the media, which is becoming a trendy, but very easy to get drawn into.[/quote:07966]

Its funny Jakub how your grasping at air here... 600 orders to less then 100, I'm no math major but it seems the industry has spoken, 500 plus airframes more then the A350. Numbers don't lie mate.

nwafan20
2007-06-19, 10:19 PM
How long has the A350XWB been on the market? Do you expect to market a plane in 6 months or so, whith data still being specified?

October 6, 2005 the A350 was launched(I don't care about the XWB, the orders for that were mostly transfered to the XWB)

The Boeing 787 (still called the 7e7 at this point) was fully launched on April 26, 2004.

Lets do the math:

787: 38 months, 648 orders

A350: 21 months: 127 orders

MATH CLASS TIME!!!

787: 648/38= 17.053 orders/month

A350 127/21= 6.04 orders/month

It doesn't take a math wizz to figure this out. Even the largest Airbus supporters admit the 787 is a superior plane.

You need to start seeing the industry in a more critical way. Not from a standpoint of one aircraft manufacturer. You are not even letting Airbus prove what the aircraft is able to do, but of course saying that it's garbage is easy. Very premature and yet so extreme in beliefs that it drives me to think that you're level of thinking is very primitive. I'll break the news to you now, there need to be more than 1 aircraft manufacturers around the world, there can't be one. Airlines need to be considered as the true beneficiaries of competition. I will stand by many decisions made by airlines around the world to order 787's, for example NH, CO, QF. Yet you find it as a horrible ice breaker and it's hard to comprehend that there can't be ONLY 1 plane manufacturer. In the case of US I am glad of the choice they made, because this is the product they needed. Find some respect for those in charge of the company. There is team of people working in choosing an aircraft not a single guru. US got the deal best for them, so be it. All in all wherever you look around this board the place is filled with malcontents, people who show they're true character by simply complaining like old ladies. JetBlue, 9 hour delay, oh they airline is gone it sucks, dead! Well guess what terminals are filled with passengers willing to give their business to them. Things happen, but you make such a huge hype of a single incident, that you don't remember the positives but rather give way to negatives. One day this one-mindedness will have its outcomes.

I do look at the industry as a whole. I may have a favorite airplane maker, but I do admit Boeings mistakes, and Airbuses successes. I am in no way cheer-leading Boeing such as you are.

Boeing, up till the 777 were screwing around, not doing anything of importance, that was a bad mistake

Airbus' A330 has been a huge success and its a good airplane.

I would be the first to tell you that the industry couldn't survive on one aircraft maker alone. I am in no way hoping that Airbus fails, I am just realizing the truth, that the A350 isn't the God-plane that Airbus wants it to be.

When did I ever say JetBlue was bad for the 9 hour delay? I don't think of them any differently. They made a mistake, it was a big one, but so what? Every airline does it. That is slander, saying that I said something I didn't.

The A350 does NOT fit US' market, they wanted planes fast, that isn't what Airbus is providing.

I see the market both ways, your the one who has a one-sided mentality. All you are doing is cheer-leading Airbus.

SP-LPB
2007-06-19, 11:14 PM
Once again I'm not going to go as low as you do, bringing an excessive amount of malice into this discussion. Leaning toward straight out insults is easy to do and is very childish IMO. But I need to polemize with a few things you wrote.

Airbus A350XWB is a redesign which means that the airframe is completely different. It's not a 330-makeover blunder anymore, it's a new aircraft. As you said the orders haven't been coming for the A350 in the early stage. Boeing had perfect timing as operators around the world were looking to replace their 767's. Therefore the program received tons of attention and support as Airbus was in lala land with the A380. This is a huge asset for Boeing, perfect timing.

Now Airbus has a lot of problems going around with the A380, but the there's a need to respond to Boeing's machine. They hastily redesign the A330 making it the A350. New engines and improved wings that was it, so criticism rains out. Good well deserved. But Airbus went back to the drawing board, as you said a year later. The aircraft was redesigned. Four days later an important MOU is announced for 20 frames with Singapore Airlines, a customer to the 787. That tells me something that, airlines are putting confidence in this product, but they are doing it carefully as it's still being developed. Give Airbus a chance to market its product, as it is doing it quite well. And yes, orders didn't come in as rapidly also do to a simple fact that the airplane was underdeveloped. Slap Airbus for that.

Just as a reply to being a math wizz, remember this thread from far back?
http://nycaviation.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 3&start=15 (http://nycaviation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4093&start=15)

I see the market both ways, your the one who has a one-sided mentality. All you are doing is cheer-leading Airbus.

Yes, you clearly do..., so I do not cheer Airbus again I will quote myself, clearly simple reading and comprehension required here:

Airlines need to be considered as the true beneficiaries of competition. I will stand by many decisions made by airlines around the world to order 787's, for example NH, CO, QF.

My JetBlue statement was a regression, I tried to show you how numerous people on these boards have a tendency to hop on a anti- anything bandwagon. It's very silly to say the least.

nwafan20
2007-06-19, 11:41 PM
How do I cheer-lead Boeing like you Cheer-lead Airbus. I have admitted some Airbus products are good.

Again, you didn't prove your point with any facts, your just stating opinion. Give us some facts and maybe you would have a bit more respect on this subject. I showed you the math, all you did was give opinion.