PDA

View Full Version : Sopranos Finale (don't click if you don't want spoilers)

Matt Molnar
2007-06-11, 01:25 AM
I'm not sure how i feel about it, but I don't think I feel good. On one hand I feel unsatisfied...I expected Tony to get whacked, flip to Team America, or go to jail. Instead we got no conclusion at all. Also, the final scene just begged the audience to feel compassion for Tony's situation. Unlike the movies, where the bad guys usually lose, the last we see of Tony is a typical family scene, continuing his life as normal. Sure you can speculate on what happened to Tony after Meadow got to the door, but you CAN'T: the show is over, all we know is that Tony is alive and well.

What do you think?

Tom_Turner
2007-06-11, 01:58 AM
Pretty annoying.

Not a lot of satisfying choices really in how to end it I realize... but for me this was another unsatisfying choice as well.

Tom

PhilDernerJr
2007-06-11, 02:40 AM
I think that was an obvious precursor to a Sopranos movie. There can be no other explanation to such an anti-climatic ending.

Matt Molnar
2007-06-11, 09:51 AM
I think that was an obvious precursor to a Sopranos movie. There can be no other explanation to such an anti-climatic ending.
This may be the case, but David Chase seems like kind of an ******* and it wouldn't surprise me if this were really the end. HBO literally had to beg him to do the last two seasons. He has consistently denied that there is a movie in the works, but last night I read something he said a couple months ago about the idea of a film about Tony's grandparents coming to America being interesting. That definitely would be interesting, but it would be a prequel, which wouldn't seem to lend itself to bringing any closure regarding Tony...unless they made a couple of them.

Midnight Mike
2007-06-11, 09:57 AM
What a crappy ending, I kept looking at the clock wonder what was going to happen.....

If there are problems with the show, place some blame on James Gandolphini (Tony), he almost shut the show down due to his salary/contract demands......