PDA

View Full Version : Airbus says confident of winning Japanese orders for A380

TallDutch
2007-06-07, 01:56 AM
NARITA, Japan (XFN-ASIA) - Airbus is confident of winning orders for its A380 superjumbo from airlines in Japan, an official at the European aerospace firm said here.

An A380 took to the skies above Japan Tuesday with senior officials from Japanese carriers, Airbus's industrial partners and the government on board for a demonstration flight of the double-decker airplane.

'It was very positive. I am sure that we are going to succeed in selling this plane in Japan,' said Richard Carcaillet, marketing director for the A380, adding that the aircraft was 'made for Japan.'

But he added it was impossible to say when Airbus would land its first order for the superjumbo in Japan, where he said 'things take a very long time.'

Neither Japan Airlines nor All Nippon Airways has expressed any interest in the A380 yet.

The carriers, both loyal Boeing (nyse: BA - news - people ) customers, have increasingly bought smaller planes for shorter flights, particularly to their growing market China.

But Carcaillet insisted that the A380 interested Japanese airlines, saying they were studying the new plane.

The A380 development aircraft arrived at Narita International Airport near Tokyo on Monday. It will leave Japan on Wednesday for Sydney before heading to Taipei on Friday as part of a series of demonstration flights.

Airbus has been bedevilled by costly production and delivery delays to the flagship A380 superjumbo program which is at the heart of the European manufacturer's strategy of building bigger planes to fly between major hubs.

http://www.forbes.com/markets/economy/f ... 88431.html (http://www.forbes.com/markets/economy/feeds/afx/2007/06/05/afx3788431.html)

Winglets747
2007-06-09, 09:24 PM
Airbus expects to sell the A380 in Japan?

I wonder what new Japanese airline is starting up. :roll:

SP-LPB
2007-06-09, 10:59 PM
Yeah and I wonder if slots are getting more and more restricted,especially in NRT.