PDA

View Full Version : Attn LI Folks: Ronkonkoma Questions

RDU-JFK
2007-06-04, 05:25 PM
I'm staying at the LI Holiday Inn--3845 Veterans Memorial Highway in Ronkonkoma for a conference. A few questions:

1. I'm taking the LIRR out there--what's the best way to get to the hotel from the Ronkonkoma Station?
2. Are there any restaurants/stores within walking distance? I'm not familiar with the area.

Thanks in advance!

lijk604
2007-06-04, 06:15 PM
1. Take a cab from the train station. It's just on the other side of ISP airport. You might want to call the hotel, they might run the shuttle over to pick you up.

2. There is an Applebee's, McDonald's and the Airport Diner all across the street from the hotel. Easy walk...as long as you can make it across Vet's Highway. ;) There is also a Fridays' inside the ISP terminal, again, the hotel shuttle can get you there.

As for retail stores, not within walking distance. Closest around (Borders / K-Mart / Office Depot / Panera Bread) is about a 5 minute car ride south of there. A larger outdoor strip mall is about 10 minutes to the northeast.

Hope that helps!

emshighway
2007-06-04, 06:34 PM
Friday's isn't open at the airport. I stayed there when we were federalizing the airport. The restaurant/bar in the hotel really isn't too bad. The Applebees and MickeyDs is the closest but there is a pizzeria and good sandwich shop south on Lakeland Ave about a mile or so.

RDU-JFK
2007-06-05, 08:38 AM
Cool thanks, guys!!!