PDA

View Full Version : What other airports have this?

nwafan20
2007-06-02, 10:18 PM
I was reading a recent press release about DTW getting a 5 million dollar grant, when I read this and it made me think, what other airports have this system? I know PHX has the fuel part, but I don't think they have power and a/c.

Together, these three initiatives will provide an infrastructure to deliver fuel, temperature- controlled air and auxiliary electrical power directly to aircraft parked at each new boarding gate. The new hydrant fueling system will eliminate the need for and emissions associated with mobile fuel trucks, while the preconditioned air and 400 hertz electrical power units will reduce the reliance on on-board auxiliary power units (APUs) and diesel-powered portable ground power units -- thus reducing fuel consumption and associated emissions.

cancidas
2007-06-03, 12:37 AM
MDW, PHX and CLT have the fuel systems. at least those are the ones where i've noticed them. now, i think it would be smart if this were to include all remote parking stands.

the only problem with such things are now again apparent as someone decided to try and blow up the fuel tanks and delivery systems at JFK. sad world we live it, but it's a good idea.

hiss srq
2007-06-03, 12:46 AM
TPA and MCO

PHL Approach
2007-06-03, 01:40 AM
PHL... I think all the large airports have the cooling and electrical power systems... Didn't think it was a big thing to have. So I've heard the East pilots are keeping the APU's on even when the electrical is hooked up to waste company money in fuel. I was just talking to Ryan about how bad PHL needs a in ground fueling system. Those damn ASIG trucks take up way too much room - they always have to pull up like two minutes after you park the damn plane and clutter up the off loading of the aircraft.

skipper
2007-06-04, 11:04 AM
EWR has the power and A/C but the fuel system seems a little different. They do have fuel that runs under ground to all of the gates, but require a pump truck to suck it out of the ground and into the aircraft. I am not sure if that is the same as what they are talking about at Detroit.

nwafan20
2007-06-04, 03:06 PM
EWR has the power and A/C but the fuel system seems a little different. They do have fuel that runs under ground to all of the gates, but require a pump truck to suck it out of the ground and into the aircraft. I am not sure if that is the same as what they are talking about at Detroit.

From what I have heard, it will be directly connected, thus removing the need for gas-burning trucks.

Laxgoaly
2007-06-09, 10:06 PM
I'll stick to the set-up we have at work at KTEB... GPU's, Huffers, and Fueltrucks... :o) old-school