PDA

View Full Version : How much time do you spend on the Internet?

Mellyrose
2007-05-28, 08:35 PM
I couldn't find a source that cites the actual estimation for this, but to further the thread about TV, I figured I would start this one.

I'm online all day at work (I have to be)....then most of the time at home during my waking hours as well.

So, I would say that on average, I'm online for about 10-12 hours everyday. That's really disgusting. I'm on track to spend half my life on the Intarweb. :?

Matt Molnar
2007-05-28, 09:02 PM
I'm on about the same pace. I think I'm addicted to information. I work for a website so 99% of my job takes place online, and then whenever I'm home not doing anything else, I'm online most of the time as well. While commuting, if I don't have a newspaper or book to read, I'm reading ESPN or ABC News or BusinessWeek on my Treo. However, unlike a lot of people who simply cannot exist without being connected 24/7, if I'm somewhere where I don't have access to the web, I actually enjoy it.

hiss srq
2007-05-28, 09:26 PM
I am on alot at home if I am not out with my freinds. I spend alot of time online at work as well as long as there is minimal air traffic to deal with as well. When I am the night controller and come in at17:30 hours I spend from about 2200 hours till 0200 hours online nonstop.

nwafan20
2007-05-28, 09:41 PM
Im on my computer most of the time at home, and a few hours at school, so maybe 6 hours a day?

T-Bird76
2007-05-28, 10:10 PM
I'd say 6 hours a day easy.

cancidas
2007-05-28, 11:32 PM
when i'm at work the computer is in front of me, but though i'm not always on a site it's there. when im at home, my computer is the source of my music so it's always on too.

all in all, i don't sit in front of the computer al day, but i do have access to internet all day long.

USAF Pilot 07
2007-05-29, 12:28 AM
I'm always on the computer... Everything in the military pretty much revolves around e-mail.

When the network goes down, either for scheduled maintenance, or for some unknown reason, people have no idea what to do and are all lost. It's kind of scary to think what would happen if we lost e-mail and network capabilities for more than just a few hours.... :shock:

cancidas
2007-05-29, 12:13 PM
I'm always on the computer... Everything in the military pretty much revolves around e-mail.

When the network goes down, either for scheduled maintenance, or for some unknown reason, people have no idea what to do and are all lost. It's kind of scary to think what would happen if we lost e-mail and network capabilities for more than just a few hours.... :shock:

so true...

hiss srq
2007-05-29, 04:39 PM
It is hard to think about what Matt would do without his airshow videos at work on the internet. I can keep occpied though by dumping garbage pails on him which is the new cool thing to do in towers to those comeing up the stairs I would say. lol

Nick
2007-05-31, 12:11 AM
Too much..