PDA

View Full Version : What have you gotten from pilots?

stuart schechter
2007-05-28, 08:19 PM
I also keep printouts from the FMC from the cockpit. A little story,

I was on an AS flight and went up to the cockpit and was talking to the pilot. Because I fly Flight Sim so much I knew what every switch and display. The pilot asks me, whats your father's name. I said, "Peter". The next thing was awesome, he got on the PA and goes, "Peter Schechter, your son is awesome!" He was crackin' up. He knew I had a scanner so when we were in Alaska Center's Airspace, he just said quickly on the radio, "Hi Stuart!" It was cool.

Anyways,

A really nice female pilot gave me 4 Jeppessen Maps from the cockpit one time.

nwafan20
2007-05-28, 09:14 PM
A few flightplans. Nothing more is required for me :)

NYCMedic
2007-05-28, 10:39 PM
A really nice female pilot gave me 4 Jeppessen Maps from the cockpit one time.

With a female Captain does it change from a Cockpit to a Box Office?

stuart schechter
2007-05-29, 08:41 AM
hahhaahha! Sic 'em Mel!

mirrodie
2007-05-29, 10:58 AM
a wave
a handshake
a cockpit ride
a taxi ride
a hug

all from different flights

cancidas
2007-05-29, 12:06 PM
jumpseat privileges ;)

lijk604
2007-05-29, 01:40 PM
15 year-old Rum from the Bahamas

nwafan20
2007-05-29, 03:10 PM
jumpseat privileges ;)

Now tell me how this happened...

hiss srq
2007-05-29, 04:07 PM
Because we are both pilots, we work for an airline and we are operations controllers for an airline. Knowing people helps a good deal though too.

kc2aqg
2007-05-29, 04:10 PM
I've been fortunate to have flown with some really great crews:

12/2004: 752 LGA-FLL- Didn't actually get anything, but after a 15 minute conversation with the captain, he asked me to sit down in the F/O chair and talked me through programming the FMC (Flight Management Computer) for the flight. It was amazing to sit there and input every detail of the flight plan from waypoints to estimated winds to fuel burn numbers.

6/2005: JFK-LAX: Captain gave me the printouts of everything from ATIS to load planning to fuel planning to ramp contacts & procedures. Everything was an outdated copy printed from the ACARS printer and ready to be trashed, so he just handed it to me and said enjoy. I still have all of that stuff, I should probably scan it and archive it.

When I was younger, I also received key chains, playing cards, & Wings (pins) from Delta & TWA.

This next one isn't from a flight crew, but definitely one of my proudest memories to date...

8/2004: Did a tower tour at JFK and was talking with a really nice controller up there who took the time to explain some of the air traffic control concepts such as "shooting the gap" and sequencing and what all of the equipment is used for. As the tour was dissipating, she told me to wait just a minute as she grabbed a second headset and plugged in. She handed it to me, pointed to an airplane on the radar screen and told me to give him landing clearance, specifying the winds and runway. So I pushed the transmit button and said...

"jetBlue 48, runway three one right, wind 210 at 4, cleared to land"

While all of this was going on, she made a copy of the flight strip for JBU48 and handed it to me as I was leaving, which had laminated and still have today. If I may just say, I think this is the most anyone has ever gone out of their way for me in the aviation world and this controller truly helped one of my biggest fantasies come true. My adrenaline rushes even when I think about the experience!

PhilDernerJr
2007-05-29, 06:08 PM
Crabs.

emshighway
2007-05-29, 06:17 PM
Crabs.

I thought it immediately upon reading the subject title but thought I would get a keyboard lashing from Mel.

cancidas
2007-05-29, 07:04 PM
jumpseat privileges ;)

Now tell me how this happened...

what ryan said notwithstanding, it helps when crews are former army pilots and graduated from your alma mater.

N790SW
2007-05-30, 04:03 PM
Well I have gotten the great distinction of being able to meet all the top execs at WN all at the same time too ( something in which some employees never got the chance to do -even the ones that have been there since day 1)!!!, although it wasn't from a pilot, I got the opportunity to fly a WN 73NG Sim that day in which i got the plane in the air and landed it myself- and i was only 15 =]. I also got the plane on the pavement for those who are interested.

I have gotten maps, cards, tags, heck the whole fa's on the plane write LUV BOBBY on the barf bag with all that stuff in it!. I even got the chance to do the preflight check list on N403WN which was brand new at the time.

WN has defiantly treated me well!

N790SW
2007-05-30, 04:12 PM
Here are some pictures from that trip; I apologize for the quality but pictures can not describe this once in a life time event!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/N475WN/Pictures093.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/N475WN/Pictures103.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/N475WN/Pictures098.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/N475WN/Pictures095.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/N475WN/Pictures068.jpg

I am sure you all want this for a pilot one day ;)

AirtrafficController
2007-05-30, 06:29 PM
how do you manage to get a tour of JFK Tower?

kc2aqg
2007-05-31, 04:30 PM
I think it's pretty tough to get a tower tour at JFK these days with the threat levels going up and all. Sometimes if you know someone, they can get you in. Unfortunately, the controller that brought us up a few years ago no longer works there.

mr. feathers
2007-05-31, 11:41 PM
on a trip back from france, I talked to the capt. and FO before the flight. afterwards, he gave me the load out sheet, FMC route printouts, as well at the atlantic map with our route charted on it. plus he gave me his email address. I wrote him once, and he never wrote back... I think I might have frightened him. On the trip over to france, the capt. sent me updates on the mondaynight football score.

nwafan20
2007-05-31, 11:46 PM
I wrote him once, and he never wrote back... I think I might have frightened him.

Haha, how did you frighten him?

mr. feathers
2007-06-03, 05:58 PM
well, without going into the details, lets just say that I might have been a bit over-zealous in my admiration for his line of work. sort of a "gosh you have the greatest job in the universe... you're awesome!" type of thing. on hindsight, I think I should have toned it down a bitt. My friends say that the email address he gave me probably went to the FBI.