PDA

View Full Version : British Airways Concorde at Intrepid Pier in May 2005

shamrock838
2007-05-25, 05:57 PM
Greetings,

This ongoing Fleet Week ... and this thread ... harked back to a visit of mine to the Intrepid pier in midtown Manhattan on 31 May 2005 ... another Fleet Week celebration.

A British Airways Concorde was perched on a floating barge ... and open to visitors! I was able to walk around beneath the plane and climb up stairs to enter the aircraft itself!

I walked through the interior up forward to peek into the cockpit. The passenger seats and cockpit area were behind protective plexiglas of course but I was able to take 22 digital images overall ... inside and out. Talk about a cramped environment!

I haven't been over there in a while ... what with Intrepid in drydock ... so I don't know if the Concorde and it's barge are still there. Even if it is ... the pier itself may be closed pending the completion of rennovation and the return of Intrepid herself.

I'll try to upload these images to share with all of you. Not having done this before ... if there a number limit of uploaded images per forum message?

Mike (shamrock838)

NYCMedic
2007-05-25, 07:23 PM
That Concorde is on Flatbush Ave in Brooklyn at The Aviator Sports Complex inside of Floyd Bennett Field.... I believe another poster wrote about his visit there recently