PDA

View Full Version : Evergreen 747s

AirtrafficController
2007-05-22, 08:25 PM
Do you think that Evergreen will go under to Fedex and dump the 747-100s? I mean they are old or do they intend to expand to new aircraft or buy oldies as Fedex does? I have a aircraft book showing a scrapped Evergreen 747 used as a area for air marshall practice

T-Bird76
2007-05-22, 09:09 PM
Evergreen is a cash cow. Who do you think holds the contract to transport the parts for the 787 to Boeing? If your going to post a speculative post about an airline going under it needs to have more substance then old planes..

hiss srq
2007-05-23, 12:01 AM
Those old work horses will remain. Infact, Evergreen has gained some "new" 747's in the fleet recently with upgraded pratts actually last I heard. Those old work horse beauties will not be leaving the fleet anytime soon. Evergreen is nice and they make a killing. Not to mention that at one point rumor has it the CIA had their hand in the till at that company.

Informant
2007-05-23, 05:06 PM
Don't be fooled into thinking Evergreen is just a cargo company with a fleet of aging 747's.It's much bigger than that. Much much bigger than that.

h2opunk1822
2007-05-23, 05:41 PM
what else do they do??.. i don't know much about that company??

hiss srq
2007-05-23, 06:13 PM
Well like I said there is the goverment in the till. They have holdings in Evergreen ocean lines, aircraft grave yards, leaseing, parts, labor, anything and everything you can imagine almost. My parents do a ton of biz with the ocean freight guys and a little air freight with them as well.

Informant
2007-05-23, 06:45 PM
what else do they do??.. i don't know much about that company??

You begin to question if you can really trust your government.

h2opunk1822
2007-05-23, 06:51 PM
oh wow.. i never realized that.. never put 2 and 2 together

hiss srq
2007-05-23, 06:54 PM
http://www.evergreenaviation.com/emp/jobs/00325.html

hiss srq
2007-05-23, 06:55 PM
oh wow.. i never realized that.. never put 2 and 2 together

A list of clients.

Air Mobility Command
UTI Worldwide
Hellman Worldwide Logistics
Nippon Express
EXEL
Shanghai Zhong Chuang
Beijing Teng Chang
AIRInc. - USA
UPS
British Airways Cargo
Alitalia Cargo
Swiss Cargo
Lufthansa Cargo
Eagle Global Logistics
UPS Supply Chain Solutions
Chapman Freeborn
Kintetsu Worldwide
Air Sea Brokers
Airline Cargo Services
Bax Global
ANA Cargo
Airtropolis

Evergreen has extensive experience supporting military and NGOs airlift needs. EIA has supported the US military throughout its history. Evergreen’s aircraft, training facilities, crew qualifications, maintenance procedures, quality control practices and financial status all meet the Department of Defense (DOD) inspection criteria.

Evergreen has flown continuously for the Air Mobility Command (AMC) since 1975, providing rapid, global mobility for US armed forces and has continuously supported global humanitarian relief missions.

Evergreen is also a Civilian Reserve Air Fleet (CRAF), supporting the DOD airlift requirements in emergencies when the need for airlift exceeds the capabilities. Evergreen has provided support in every war and flew 1446 hours in Kuwait following Desert Storm participating in fire fighting, oil spill clean up, personnel transport, and reconstruction activities. All told, Evergreen flew more than 350 missions for Desert Shield and Desert Storm in the hot zone and was recipient of the top patriotic award for its service. After the war Evergreen continued serving the region by flying relief missions into Turkey, Iran and Kuwait.

From March 2001 to October 2005, Evergreen has operated in excess of 4000 missions for AMC in the Boeing 747s. The majority of these missions were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom and Southern Watch and Iraqi Freedom. Evergreen has operated in excess of 120,000 hours worldwide from approximately 30 military bases in the US, Europe, Middle East and the Far East.

h2opunk1822
2007-05-23, 07:19 PM
thanks for all the information!!... i see them flying in and out every night at work but i have a whole new respect for them!.. the most i knew was that some of there old planes were AF1's?? correct me if i am wrong!

AirtrafficController
2007-05-23, 08:06 PM
wow thank you for the information, looks like the grandpa of JFK will continue flying

NYCMedic
2007-05-25, 01:35 PM
Evergreen Marine of Taiwan is the parent company of EVA Airways and has no affiliation with Evergreen International Airlines of McMinnville Oregon. The Airline being discussed in this forum is the Oregon based one.

Tom_Turner
2007-05-25, 01:43 PM
That is true (no contection between Evergreen Container shippoing and Evergreen the airline), however, Evergreen Container Shipping Group *is* affiliated with EVA Airlines and Cargo.

http://www.answers.com/topic/evergreen- ... taiwan-ltd (http://www.answers.com/topic/evergreen-marine-corporation-taiwan-ltd)

Regardng Evergreen the airline, not much more to add than what has been mentioned above, but if you check your flight trackers you will see an Evergreen 747 from McGuire into JFK almost every night.

Tom.

moose135
2007-05-25, 01:49 PM
Speaking of Evergreen, is the Supertanker used for regular freight ops? I see it at JFK from time to time, never in a shootable spot, and would like to catch it one of these days. Does it just appear as a standard Evergreen flight on the trackers?

PhilDernerJr
2007-05-26, 10:55 PM
I raninto the Supertanker in Germany the other day.

I heard someone saying that it is also differnet aerodynamically. Like the fuselage was misshaped or something. Can anyone confirm?

hiss srq
2007-05-26, 11:11 PM
The lower portion of the fuse. is slightly diffrent. You have to be right up next to it to notice it but it has to do with some of the equipment inside the airplane that has to be around the tanks when they are in place. There are also some trim systems dirrences to the aircraft. This is all courtesey of a jumpseating F/O from them that I talked to in January.

Clipper
2007-06-12, 04:15 PM
And Evergreen is the only 747 operator who successfully landed one of their freighters after losing an engine(physically detached and lost), the aircraft had 75,000Kg of cargo and full of fuel too.

Two other 747SF's crashed in the similar incidents.

Iberia A340-600
2007-06-12, 04:39 PM
And Evergreen is the only 747 operator who successfully landed one of their freighters after losing an engine(physically detached and lost), the aircraft had 75,000Kg of cargo and full of fuel too.

Two other 747SF's crashed in the similar incidents.

Wasn't that a Kalitta 747?

Clipper
2007-06-12, 11:51 PM

No, it was N473EV or March 31, 1993 in ANC.

njgtr82
2007-06-12, 11:57 PM

No, it was N473EV or March 31, 1993 in ANC.
Gordon is also right because Kalitta dropped an engine into Lake Michigan in October of 2004. So that makes two different company's who share that title.

Clipper
2007-06-13, 12:28 AM
Gordon is also right because Kalitta dropped an engine into Lake Michigan in October of 2004. So that makes two different company's who share that title.

You are correct, I forgot about that one. Let me rephrase that, they are the only one that lost an INBOARD engine and pylon and survived.

Here is a polaroid shot of 3/4 of that engine in a super market parking lot, taken about 3 hours after the incident.
http://www.amazingreef.com/Misc/Evergreen%20N473EV.jpg

hiss srq
2007-07-06, 06:49 PM
Speaking of Evergreen. Here is a little tid bit that I bet no one knew. Evergreen flys the LCF Dream lifter. http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines ... green.html (http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/cargo/evergreen.html)