PDA

View Full Version : Best Viewing Sites for JFK Runway 4L and 4R Arrivals?

shamrock838
2007-05-21, 11:48 PM
Greetings,

What's the usual approach pattern for aircraft arriving from seaward to JFK runways 4L and 4R when winds are from the NE?

Do come in near/over Broad Channel and Rockaway Beach?

Or do they bank in from other headings?

Or are they just too high at these locales for optimal spotting? Thanks.

Mike (shamrock838)

MarkLawrence
2007-05-22, 06:21 AM
Best place for the 4s is Bayswater - look at the spotting maps here.

shamrock838
2007-05-22, 09:27 AM
Best place for the 4s is Bayswater - look at the spotting maps here.

Is this site ... "D" on the JFK spotting site map ... reachable via public transportation plus walking? Indeed ... is this advisable for this area? Or is a car the only viable way to go? The same for nearby site "G"?

Are the Broad Channel and Rockaway Park locations I mentioned ... viable at all? I have 300mm tele capability.

What are the usual approach patterns for JFK 4L and 4R please? Feel free to reply to any of this vis private e-mail if preferred. Thanks.

Mike (shamrock838)

NIKV69
2007-05-22, 09:29 AM
You can take the train and it leaves you at that intersection where the McDonalds and White Castle is. Then you have to walk to the park. Not the best part of town but in daylight hours you shouldn't have a problem.

shamrock838
2007-05-22, 10:09 AM
You can take the train and it leaves you at that intersection where the McDonalds and White Castle is. Then you have to walk to the park. Not the best part of town but in daylight hours you shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks for replying ...

By "train" are you referring to the LIRR or the "A" subway line. A great help would be knowing the station at the intersection with McDonalds and White Castle. Then I'll know of an area I'd probably best avoid in my situation. Again ... thanks.

Mike (shamrock838)

Delta777LR
2007-05-22, 10:40 AM
You can take the A train to Mott Ave/Far Rockaway, the last stop.