PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade strategy, but it did not work.

mirrodie
2007-05-21, 02:32 PM
Some folks in the family consider me an airplane buff or airline geek. (I'm sure this applies to many of you too ;) )

Oddly though, isn't it funny when those same people probe you for advice?

So I am probably going to pay for this.....

My wife's aunt would soon fly EWR-DFW-ABQ on AAA365/381, returning on 1170/1162. All leg are on the Super 80.

Says she used miles to pay for these tickets..... poor use of miles but I digress.

Anyway, so she was asking me for advice last week on how to get upgraded. She asked if I knew anybody. I told her to mention that she is good buddies with Jerry Arpey. Seemed innocent enough. :twisted:

So I got a voicemail on my phone earlier yesterday, the day of her flight.
AAunt was at DFW on a layover. Said she dropped the Arpey name....continued to say that once their eyes popped back into their heads, they said "He's the CEO. If you don't mind calling him at his house on a Sunday Morning to verify this, we can do the upgrade."

Let me tell you, I burst out laughing. I feel a bit bad but it was worth the laugh, no?

T-Bird76
2007-05-21, 02:37 PM
Dude she should have called you! How do they know your not Arpey. You should try that when we go to Seattle, have them call my number. LOL Its becoming so hard to use miles lately this might work. lol