PDA

View Full Version : Planning for Surrounding JFK Spotter Sites Next Week

shamrock838
2007-05-16, 09:25 PM
Greetings,

I'm on vacation next week and ... weather ... runways ... and public transportation (+ my two feet) permitting ... I have the following trips in mind:

TRIP 1:

1. Howard Beach and environs. [13L and 13R coming and going depending on winds]
2. Along Cross Bay Boulevard S of first bridge to Broad Channel. [13R plus 4L and 4R coming and going depending on winds]
3. Broad Channel S to Rockaway Penninsula at foot of Cross Bay Veteran's Bridge [same as #2].

If time permits I'd like to get over to Belle Harbor to see the memorial site for the AA587 disaster depending on accessibility.

TRIP 2:

1. Spotting sites E of JFK within reach of the LIRR Far Rockaway Branch ... Larence ... Inwood ... Far Rockaway stations plus any local bus available.

Not sure if this is doable or practical as I'm totally new to this area.

Any comments ... tips ... counter suggestions ... etc ... are most welcomed. Thanks.

Mike (shamrock838)

hiss srq
2007-05-16, 09:33 PM
What days are you planning on doing this. I might be able to help out with the transportation. It all depends though on date because I am in and out of NY and when I am in NY I am stuck in the con. tower most of the time.

shamrock838
2007-05-17, 05:25 AM
What days are you planning on doing this. I might be able to help out with the transportation. It all depends though on date because I am in and out of NY and when I am in NY I am stuck in the con. tower most of the time.

At the moment I'll be available almost any day Monday through Friday weather permitting of course. I'll be filling in with other activities as time progresses though. It may be a day-to-day thing. Thanks.

Mike (shamrock838)