PDA

View Full Version : New US AZ Livery

cancidas
2007-05-14, 05:36 PM
another ugly one! may be worse than NV.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5977445

SengaB
2007-05-14, 05:47 PM
These "themes" are starting" to anger me now like the individual in my avatar.

I, I , I Ca can't T-Take it any more!...get them out of my my head! Th- There everywhere! AAAAAAARGH! Oh God S-Sombody stop it!

Senga

AirtrafficController
2007-05-14, 05:57 PM
not bad

cancidas
2007-05-14, 07:12 PM
not bad

not bad? hope there's sarcasm in that! serisouly, they're a disgrace compared to the 757 livs from years past. the "ARIZONA" titles are no bigger than the registration.

lijk604
2007-05-14, 09:30 PM
I'd say it was a half-ass'd job, but they didn't even paint HALF the aircraft!
Novel - yes, a fitting tribute - NO!

stuart schechter
2007-05-14, 10:04 PM
What is up with US and this painted stripe? If you are going to paint a plane, do the entire thing. This goes back to the basic white.

T-Bird76
2007-05-14, 10:18 PM
There's a reason they are doing the white, its saves fuel. Dark colors absorb heat causing APU's to run harder to keep the A/C cooling the plane. White reflects heat helping to keep the inside of the plane cooler in the hot sun. Might not look pretty but savings is the name of the game today. Its the same concept of a dark interior of a car compared to a light interior.

cancidas
2007-05-15, 12:28 AM
tommy, i can understand the wanting to save fuel, expecially since we're PHX/ LAS based but c'mon! there was literally no effort put into desigining these paint schemes.

hiss srq
2007-05-15, 12:32 AM
I agree with Matt. The entire reason we changed our scheme at all was because of the heat related issues for the cabin out west and down south but none the less we could have a little more class to the scheme than that. To be honest, with as many special schemes as we are doing I think the standard colors will be the odd ball out by the time we are done. Granted I have the privladge of saying I work for the most colorful airline on earth though.

PHL Approach
2007-05-15, 12:48 AM
The least they could have done was extend the blue under the belly like Eagles and place the star over the back exit rather than making it look like it's laying down with it's feet hanging off the back.