PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for a JB nonstop from JFK

mirrodie
2007-05-13, 11:24 PM
I am thinking of taking a flight on one of JB's new Embraers. I was thinking Boston as its a short ride. We have never flown on this airline.

What are our other options for short trips we can take out of JFK that are short (no more than an hour) on the ERJ? Buffalo? DC? Nantucket(starting 5/25)?

Also, the route has to have decent frequency to/from JFK. at least 4 flights a day

Also, if we do decide on Boston (or whatever you recommend), how long is it to get into the city and what are the options to getting into the city from the airport?

We are open to any/all suggestions

Iberia A340-600
2007-05-13, 11:29 PM
I would suggest flying to IAD, Mario. There are quiet a few frequencies and the flight is not very long.

Matt Molnar
2007-05-13, 11:41 PM
Logan is very close to downtown Boston, maybe a 10 minute ride by cab. Nantucket would also be a really nice summer weekend trip. I think I may take a weekend there myself...but then again fares to Bermuda are actually cheaper than Nantucket so I might just go there.

PhilDernerJr
2007-05-14, 12:08 AM
The best day trips are to Boston.

Mario, knowing you, there are some nice restaurants that are easy to get to from the airport, and some nice sights. Let me know if you go and I'll give you the rundown.

RDU-JFK
2007-05-14, 08:19 AM
I did a daytrip to Portland, Maine. Great city, 4 flights a day including a late 7:40pm flight back to JFK.

mirrodie
2007-05-14, 08:53 AM
How long is the Maine flight?

We pretty much were thinking Boston, especialy since its so short. Looks like from the replies so far is IS the best option covering the parameters I mentioned.

RDU-JFK
2007-05-14, 09:09 AM
How long is the Maine flight?

The flight to Maine is about 50 minutes. Boston is probably the best bet for a daytrip because of the convenience of the T. If you do decide to go to Maine it's a 10 minute bus ride to downtown Portland and everything is within walking distance of the Old Port area. Now that its the vacation season they have frequent shuttles to and from downtown that are very cheap! I went in the winter offseason but took the city bus--$1.25 and it was easy! Good seafood, and a nice New England Feel. I flew in from LGA at 8:45; was at PWM by 10:15; downtown by 11am. Spent the day walking around the entire city. The Portland Museum of Art is a great place to go as well!