PDA

View Full Version : Fly US, Get Pie

T-Bird76
2007-05-08, 04:49 PM
Ok this has to be one of the stupidest promotions I've seen yet by an airline...and certainly eclipses American’s lets give you a massage at C10 promo last Thanksgiving.

Teaming up with Four Points is a bad idea to begin with, they are the most unfriendly business class hotel chain around. Their standards are totally inconsistent and most of their hotels are pure dumps. I think I’d rather have some Sara Lee.

US Airways Teams Up With Four Points by Sheraton to Offer a First-Class Treat
Tuesday May 8, 2:00 pm ET

TEMPE, Ariz., May 8 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Beginning this month, customers of US Airways (NYSE: LCC - News) can enjoy a sweet treat while they fly compliments of Four Points® by Sheraton, which has partnered with US Airways to provide slices of their signature pie to customers seated in US Airways' First Class cabin.
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20050223/LAW097LOGO)

The pie is part of Four Points by Sheraton's Four Pies(SM) Program, which offers guests a slice of award-winning pie in its restaurants and via room service throughout its North America hotels. Four Points' signature treat will be served on domestic flights with meal service (flights 3.5 hours and longer departing between 6:00 AM and 7:30 PM) May 1, 2007 through March 31, 2008. US Airways customers will enjoy a different flavor of pie every three months for the duration of the promotion, beginning with pecan May 1 through July 31, 2007.

Travis Christ, US Airways' vice president, sales and marketing said, "Like Four Points by Sheraton, US Airways is focused on improving our customers' experience. In a series of recent surveys, our frequent flyers told us they wanted greater variety in their meal service. This initiative, like our other recently announced in-flight enhancements, promises to make their First Class experience more enjoyable and give them a taste of what Four Points has to offer."

moose135
2007-05-08, 05:40 PM
Hey, I like pie :)

Not enough to fly US First Class, but I just thought that needed to be said!

stuart schechter
2007-05-08, 08:52 PM
I have heard of the Four Seasons hotel! For business, I have heard that Courtyard Mariott is the best.

Matt Molnar
2007-05-08, 10:46 PM
Four Points by Sheraton = completely different animal than Four Seasons.

Boss: Your weekly flight to Chicago is usually $300, why is are there $12,000 in flights on your AMEX bill this month?
Employee: Sir, I got a great deal for upgrading to first class...FREE PIE FROM FOUR POINTS BY SHERATON.
Boss: Clean out your desk.

nwafan20
2007-05-08, 10:49 PM
I don't know, any kind of pie is good pie! Any US workers want to sneak me a slice? ;)

PHL Approach
2007-05-09, 11:35 AM
Now we can hear a 5 minute promo over the PA just like the Visa Dividend Card promo... Slow and dragged out.

Oh well atleast It will only cost me 20 bucks. 8)

mirrodie
2007-05-09, 12:24 PM
Ok this has to be one of the stupidest promotions I've seen yet by an airline...and certainly eclipses American’s lets give you a massage at C10 promo last Thanksgiving.

Hey, don't knock it. Many here light enjoy warm Apple pie. ;)

AirtrafficController
2007-05-09, 05:55 PM
Ladies and gentlemen this is yor captain speaking. We would like to know the passenger who through a huckelberry pie at the cockpit door.

T-Bird76
2007-05-09, 05:57 PM
Ladies and gentlemen this is yor captain speaking. We would like to know the passenger who through a huckelberry pie at the cockpit door.

That's Awesome! LOLOL

hiss srq
2007-05-09, 10:54 PM
ha ha 20 bucks? Just fliprt a little with the agents and it is free kind sir.

Nonstop2AUH
2007-05-10, 05:08 PM
What will those marketing geniuses think of next? I suppose it's better than getting a not-award-winning pillow and blanket from the Super 8 Jamaica.