PDA

View Full Version : Midwest MCI-LGA

PhilDernerJr
2007-04-28, 02:32 PM
So I come home afroma business trip on Monday, and am flying Midwest for the first time.

I'm pumped about experiencing a 717, which I've never done. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about them ahead of time or give me any tips (where to sit, what to ask for, etc.) before I fly back.

LGA777
2007-04-28, 02:48 PM
Phil, fun plane to fly on especially with Midwest's version. Strongly recommend spending the $10 for their BOB meals, they are usually very good and filling, just save room for the baked on board Chocolate Chip Cookies! You will I'm sure really enjoy flying Midwest and the 717 !

Cheers

LGA777

hiss srq
2007-04-28, 03:03 PM
The 717 is a great airplane. Fun to fly and such. You will notice alot of power adjustments on final approach when you do fly it. I am not sure why the 717 has that quirk but a few pilots I have talked to have told me that she is a drag monster when yshe is all dirty and bleed speed fast.

T-Bird76
2007-04-28, 05:51 PM
Oh man your going to love Midwest Phil!! Make sure you buy the food, their meals are great! The cookie is the best to, ask around landing if they have extra cookies. I did once and came home with a dozen!

Support http://www.savethecookie.com

PhilDernerJr
2007-04-28, 07:21 PM
I haven't been so excited about a flight in a long time. :)

stuart schechter
2007-04-29, 08:05 PM
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Midwes ... 17-200.php (http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Midwest_Airlines/Midwest_Airlines_Boeing_717-200.php)

Looks like row 12 doesn't recline at 22 doesn't have a window!! No 22!!!

mirrodie
2007-04-29, 09:04 PM
Can't wait to hear about it Phil. And definitely have a cookie.
And let us know what Reg you fly on.

PhilDernerJr
2007-04-30, 10:02 AM
I'm sitting at my gate right now with about 22 minutesbefore boarding.

I was not paying attention when I checked in and was assigned seat 17D. I spoke to the woman at the counter and she said she'd try to help me out in few minutes. I just want to sit furhter forward....don't know if i want a window or aisle though.

After doing the work I do, it's weird flying on a plane that I have nothing to do with the plane I'm flying on. I feel like I should go out on the ramp to help out or yell at people or something.

My plane is not yet at the gate. I'm hoping for aircraft 913.

T-Bird76
2007-04-30, 10:08 AM
I'm sitting at my gate right now with about 22 minutesbefore boarding.

I was not paying attention when I checked in and was assigned seat 17D. I spoke to the woman at the counter and she said she'd try to help me out in few minutes. I just want to sit furhter forward....don't know if i want a window or aisle though.

After doing the work I do, it's weird flying on a plane that I have nothing to do with the plane I'm flying on. I feel like I should go out on the ramp to help out or yell at people or something.

My plane is not yet at the gate. I'm hoping for aircraft 913.

Its a window seat on the right side of the aircraft. I've sat there before :P Keep away from rows 12, 13, and 14.

PhilDernerJr
2007-05-02, 05:18 PM
Right after I posted my previous post, I spoke with the woman who gave me 3C, which is an aisle seat, which is fine with me. It lets me extend my leg into the aisle and prevents me from having reservations about getting up midflight and stepping over someone.

My aircraft was N923ME. Boarding went well and I found the seats very comfortable.

I've heard here and there about how quiet the 717s are, and though I was extremely skeptical, I was just as excited. I have to say I've NEVER experienced such a quiet plane before. It was absolutely incredible. Takeoff sounded like someone had the air fan on in the seat behind me and nothing more.

I couldn't hear the menu on the PA when it was read, as my ears had gotten a little messed up from all my flying the past couple days with a slight cold brewing. I checked the in-flight magazine to read the menu but the last few pages had been ripped out.

So when the F/A came around, she seemed a little annoyed that I asked what my options were.

I treated myself to the $10 meal, which was worth it I think. I chose the Chicken Panini with Clam Bisque, which came with some fruit. The panini didn't look like the ones I'm used to in Delis around NYC, but it was still pretty good, especially with that ranch dressing (I think) that they supplied.

http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/Midwest_Meal1.jpg

Then the cookies came along. I received mine first beforemy seatmate, and though I was dressed up and professional looking, I had no problem saying a little too loud "OH! I'LL TAKE HERS," as soon as the woman next to me rejected her cookies. Sucker. I even clapped like a little kid.

For some reason, while eating the cookies, I became excited (though I was actually a little cranky) and began rocking back and forth in my chair and smirking as I chewed. I could sense displeasure around me so I calmed down some.

Another thing I loved about the 717 is how comfortable the turbulence is. It was a VERY shaky flight, but you just felt a couple up and down swoops. There was no concerning noises coming from clanging galley carts or creaking overhead bins...the typical turbulence noise sources. I wish I had time to inspect both to see if modifications had been made.

I could feel some serious crosswind, as it felt that we weren't flying completely "forward" at several points on approach, but we came in on rwy 22 and landed nicely.

It was a nice experience and I enjoyed Midwest a lot. The 717 is a kickass plane.

Thanks to all of you for your input!

T-Bird76
2007-05-02, 07:04 PM
I'm so happy you enjoyed Midwest Phil, they really are a fantastic airline, I can't wait to fly them in two weeks!