PDA

View Full Version : International Flights to SWF Come A Step Closer?

Iberia A340-600
2007-04-25, 08:01 PM
I was going through a PDF file SWF has on their website about why Stewart should be the destination for new air service and in the PDF there is a page about an international facility that is in the works to be built on the south side of the current terminal. The facility would utilize gate 1 & 2. The PDF states that Stewart is in current talks with funders about building the terminal.

Apparently international charter carriers have asked Stewart for an international facility and the airport has been asked to be an international diversion airport.

http://swfny.com/pdfs/Stewart-Jump_Start_Brochure.pdf

I have my hopes up...

:lol:

njgtr82
2007-04-25, 08:10 PM
As far as the international diversion airport, it seems like it already is. I know CO has diverted there on a good amount of occasions on trans-Atlantic flights.

Iberia A340-600
2007-04-25, 08:12 PM
As far as the international diversion airport, it seems like it already is. I know CO has diverted there on a good amount of occasions on trans-Atlantic flights.

Oh it definitely is already an international diversion airport but passengers can not deplane because there is no customs or immigration facility.