PDA

View Full Version : Northwest Pilot Nabbed With Suspected Cocaine After Border C

njgtr82
2007-04-15, 04:37 PM
Northwest Pilot Nabbed With Suspected Cocaine After Border Chase

PORT HURON, Mich. — A Northwest Airlines pilot made a U-turn at a U.S.-Canada border crossing, then led deputies on a chase in his Hummer before being subdued and found to be holding cocaine, a sheriff's officer said Sunday.

The 50-year-old pilot posted $10,000 bond Sunday but was being held until his blood alcohol level fell to a level considered sober, said St. Clair County sheriff's Lt. A.J. Foster.

Walter L. Dinalko of St. Paul, Minn., apparently had a change of heart after driving onto the Blue Water Bridge toward Sarnia, Ontario, Saturday night, Foster said.

Dinalko turned around three times, then drove the wrong way off the bridge and headed west onto the eastbound lanes of Interstate 94, Foster said.

U.S. Customs agents followed the pilot and alerted sheriff's deputies, who closed down the expressway and gave chase, Foster said.

Deputies laid down stop sticks, which flattened the Hummer's tires. Dinalko stopped but refused to surrender to deputies, Foster said.

"He started giving them a hard time, and a tussle ensued," Foster said. Deputies subdued him and found suspected cocaine on the floor of the vehicle and in Dinalko's pocket, the lieutenant said.

The pilot was taken to a hospital to test for drug poisoning and then to jail, where he was held overnight. He was arraigned Sunday on multiple felony charges, including cocaine possession, eluding police and assaulting officers, Foster said.

It was not immediately known when Dinalko flew into Detroit or when he had been scheduled to fly out. A message seeking comment was left Sunday for Eagan, Minn.-based Northwest.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,266204,00.html

Winglets747
2007-04-15, 06:54 PM
It's voting time for stupid thing of the week.

The nominees are:
1. NWA pilot
2. Sex at ATL
3. (your own nomination)

I vote for #1.

LGA777
2007-04-15, 07:32 PM
I wonder if this is the same NW pilot from the cell phone incident in LAS ?

Cheers

LGA777

nwafan20
2007-04-15, 08:52 PM
Maybe he was yelling at his wife for throwing out his cocaine?

hiss srq
2007-04-15, 09:40 PM
Ahhh another NW employee does something retarted. What a coincidence one pissed me off today.

stuart schechter
2007-04-16, 09:57 AM
NW needs to start cranking down on their background and drug testing. Or not make their pilots so darn mad!

PhilDernerJr
2007-04-16, 10:03 AM

"KAREN!! WHY DID YOU DO THAT KAREN!!"

Northwest is on a roll. Folks can't catch a break.

Nonstop2AUH
2007-04-16, 12:40 PM
Phil - let me be the first to congratulate you on quoting greatest movie of all time (Goodfellas for those who don't recognize)...

As for the NW pilot, this is sad for an industry that doesn't need more bad news and a bit scary for those of us that might have to ride with such a guy. Have to wonder if this guy is under any kind of stress than might have led to this behavior, in as much as it's not in keeping with the typical pilot personality.

Matt Molnar
2007-04-16, 12:47 PM

"KAREN!! WHY DID YOU DO THAT KAREN!!"

Hahaha...when I saw NWA's post last night I immediately went to YouTube to look for that scene...couldn't find it though.

Nonstop2AUH
2007-04-16, 02:14 PM
This is as close as I could find, listen to the audio & enjoy!

8Y8-5-5v_FY

Yeah, I know, I've got way too much time on my hands and so does the guy who made this...