PDA

View Full Version : Katie Couric interviews John Edwards

Midnight Mike
2007-03-26, 07:42 AM
I don't watch Katie Couric because she normally gives fluff interviews, but, after listening to this clip, I was very surprised that she would ask these tough questions.

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2836152

'Some people wonder if you are in denial'...
'Some have suggested that you're capitalizing on this'...
'You're putting your work first, and your family second'...

In fact, I think she may have been the first reporter to say that they are taking advantage of the situation, of course, only she could have ask those questions, had it been a guy from FOX news, the media would have went nuts....

NIKV69
2007-03-26, 08:26 AM
Katie Couric is a self serving ratings *****. Probably worse than Nancy Grace. I think most of America knows this interview is a non issue. Edwards has no chance at winning. He doesn't even have a good shot at getting the nomination. As for the cancer thing being used for political gain. Who knows. I think Edwards knows he is wasting his time and he is being so overshadowed by Obama and Hillary it's just a matter of time he gets tired of getting his butt kicked in the polls and drops out.

RDU-JFK
2007-03-26, 08:29 AM
Those were some tough questions that are difficult to answer, no matter what. I thought Edwards did a good job answering questions and assuring the public.

Mrs. Edwards will be going through hell for the next several years, but I give them both of them credit for continuing on with their lives despite this setback.

When my mother was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer, she let it get to her; she decided that the cancer was going to dictate her life and her last few years were absolutely miserable. I wish she would have been able to do something with her time in between treatments. I'm glad Mrs. Edwards will be going on the trail, especially since it will give her something to do and something else to think about other than the cancer. Unfortunately the media will probably interviewing her more than Mr. Edwards.

I wish them both the best.

Tom_Turner
2007-03-26, 09:24 AM
Obama and Edwards have little to no chance this time around.

It is an open field for Hillary.

O & E will hang in the race to see what delegates they can pick up in the early primaries and parlay that into into what it may be worth.....

Tom

nwafan20
2007-03-26, 10:31 AM
Obama and Edwards have little to no chance this time around.

It is an open field for Hillary.

O & E will hang in the race to see what delegates they can pick up in the early primaries and parlay that into into what it may be worth.....

Tom

Hillary, in my opinion doesn't have it scooped up yet. Remember, for the nomination, half of the democrats (far left) hate her guts, but if she manages to get through, she won't win because no republican would vote for her. She is pretty much SOL.

The Democrats might actually be worse than I thought and put Obama in... He doesn't have the experience so he won't make president.

We will see what the dems throw out this election, should be pretty interesting.

Matt Molnar
2007-03-26, 10:54 AM
Maybe I'm overly cynical, but in this country there are enough cancer patients and families and friends of cancer patients to make up quite a voting bloc if properly organized. I don't mean to minimize the severity of Mrs. Edwards' health problems, but it does strike me as awfully coincidental that she would have this doctor's appointment the same day her husband was meant to announce his candidacy.

RDU-JFK
2007-03-26, 11:06 AM
Maybe I'm overly cynical, but in this country there are enough cancer patients and families and friends of cancer patients to make up quite a voting bloc if properly organized. I don't mean to minimize the severity of Mrs. Edwards' health problems, but it does strike me as awfully coincidental that she would have this doctor's appointment the same day her husband was meant to announce his candidacy.

Possible, but doubtful. Oncologists unfortunately usually have such a backlog of patients that sometimes appointments come up at inconvenient times. For all we know she might have made this appointment months in advance knowing this was the only slot open.
As for the voting bloc possibility some groups will try to slant others to vote out of sympathy, but like Edwards said in the interview wrote, those who vote out of sympathy shouldn't vote at all. While Mrs. Edwards' story pinches a deep nerve with me, I still will not vote for Mr. Edwards or anyone on the Democratic ticket.