PDA

View Full Version : CODEPINK plans takeover of Pelosi’s office

Midnight Mike
2007-03-22, 07:44 PM
CODEPINK plans takeover of Pelosi’s office
March 22, 2007

Anti-war group CODEPINK is planning to take over House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s office at 4:00 pm, the group said.
Protesters plan to play “Pin the war on the Donkey” to show their frustration with the Democratic leadership’s inaction of ending the war in Iraq.

CODEPINK is expecting arrests.

hiss srq
2007-03-22, 08:52 PM
God wouldnt it be lovely if Codepink and Pelosi got arrested! Ahh the dreams.

PhilDernerJr
2007-03-22, 08:58 PM
Do these people really think that they are making progress for their movement when they plan actiosn that cause event hem to EXPECT to get arrested?

nwafan20
2007-03-22, 09:31 PM
God wouldnt it be lovely if Codepink and Pelosi got arrested! Ahh the dreams.

Wouldn't that be cool to see? I wonder if we can get it broadcaster on TV? ;)

Matt Molnar
2007-03-22, 10:12 PM
Do these people really think that they are making progress for their movement when they plan actiosn that cause event hem to EXPECT to get arrested?
It's not unusual for activists to plan to get arrested, they think it gets them more publicity and street cred.

It's too bad there are no good suicide cult leaders around these days to recruit these idiots. Even Ted Koppel, hardly a GOP propagandist, said last week that leaving Iraq now would be insanely irresponsible. After FIVE years of CODEPINK getting ZERO accomplished you'd think they'd find more constructive uses of their time.

stuart schechter
2007-03-22, 11:25 PM
It's too bad there are no good suicide cult leaders around these days to recruit these idiots. Even Ted Koppel, hardly a GOP propagandist, said last week that leaving Iraq now would be insanely irresponsible. After FIVE years of CODEPINK getting ZERO accomplished you'd think they'd find more constructive uses of their time.

Nope.

Tom_Turner
2007-03-23, 12:35 AM

I believe there is a noble history of civil disobedience in the US that, at times, did include plans to become arrested. And, I would say they *did* make some progress.

Personally I am more sympathetic to instances when the protestors (in the past) engaged in what I would consider "reasonable" "action"/or "non-action" that did bring attention to their views/issues.

I would tend to agree with you here though Phil - storming elected officials offices - (and much similar behavior - Al Sharpton's former MO of No Justice/No Peace interruptions of the subways & bridges - others defacing military equipment on bases with graffitti and so forth) is arguably a perversion of the concept. Albeit I am sure some "good" causes featured idiotic tactics here and there, so it not so cut and dried.

It is also pathetic when you (occasionally) read of such an "activist" becoming "outraged" at being arrested. :roll:

T

NIKV69
2007-03-23, 07:54 AM
You know what is so funny is that these people who voted the GOP out of the majority never took the time to look at the individuals such as Pelosi, Boxer and Schumer etc. If they did they would have realized how stupid they were. Now after they voted Dem only because they thought it meant an end to the war they can't believe it's not going to happen. It's almost the same look on their face when Kerry lost in 04' and they couldn't believe it. Come on already wake up and stop drinking the cool aide! Codepink is a sad bunch of miserable, sick people. Now they are resorting to the only thing they know, thug intimadation. Yea, that's going to get you far. They are really going to lose their minds when Rudy wins on 08'. Should be fun to watch.

Art at ISP
2007-03-23, 08:38 AM
Code Pink?

Should be Code Pinko no?

They should really get a life.

Matt Molnar
2007-03-23, 03:02 PM
It is also pathetic when you (occasionally) read of such an "activist" becoming "outraged" at being arrested. :roll:

I particularly appreciate the people that got arrested during the 2004 RNC and got carted to a special jail the NYPD set up that happened to be in a former sanitation garage. They proceeded to brand the facility "Guantanamo on the Hudson" and complain nonstop about the lousy food and conditions. Umm, jail isn't catered by Zabar's, dumb****s, not to mention they didn't have to bunk with the city's actual criminals as they would have in The Tombs. I believe some actually sued and got their cases dismissed. :roll:

cancidas
2007-03-23, 07:22 PM
take over an office? WOW! what happenned to the good old days of people lighting themselves on fire in protest? think that would be a better use of CODEPINK's time.....

I particularly appreciate the people that got arrested during the 2004 RNC and got carted to a special jail the NYPD set up that happened to be in a former sanitation garage. They proceeded to brand the facility "Guantanamo on the Hudson" and complain nonstop about the lousy food and conditions. Umm, jail isn't catered by Zabar's, dumb****s, not to mention they didn't have to bunk with the city's actual criminals as they would have in The Tombs. I believe some actually sued and got their cases dismissed.

i have no comment. almost as bad as airbus suing canada over the A400.