PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here been on a cruise?

RDU-JFK
2007-03-20, 04:43 PM
I've never been on anything longer than a day cruise to the Bahamas.

What was it like? Where did you go? What were the good and bad parts of the trip, and what advice would you give to someone who's never been on one before?

A good friend of mine wants to go on one this summer and he asked me for advice, even though I've never been on one, nor have any desire to do one. I'd rather fly :wink:

Matt Molnar
2007-03-20, 04:56 PM
I took a 7-day cruise to Bermuda in 2004. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was A LOT of fun. The food and service were amazing. The room was obviously smaller than a hotel room but still fine. I really want to go on another one ASAP.

hiss srq
2007-03-23, 04:22 PM
I have been on a few. They are pretty addicting. Depending on who you go with on the cruise it can be fun. I am yet to go with buddies on one though I plan to take at least one this year with some people in October. What I reccomend though is get a room with a window. I thought that was a blast. I woke up one morning on Carnival Imagination pulling into Grand Cayman and we were paralelling one cruise ship out the window. It was wild. Flying is great but a cruise is defineately something I enjoy.

T-Bird76
2007-03-23, 08:43 PM
I've never been on anything longer than a day cruise to the Bahamas.

What was it like? Where did you go? What were the good and bad parts of the trip, and what advice would you give to someone who's never been on one before?

A good friend of mine wants to go on one this summer and he asked me for advice, even though I've never been on one, nor have any desire to do one. I'd rather fly :wink:

I've been on 5 of them and going on another one this summer. I've gone to Alaska, Southern, Western, and the Eastern Caribbean. The only bad thing about a cruise is getting off when it ends. There's nothing to think of here, Cruises are fantastic, go go go go go!