PDA

View Full Version : HPN incident?

MarkLawrence
2007-03-16, 12:10 PM
According to Flight Stats - HPN is closed due to aircraft off the end of the runway - anyone have any better info?

Matt Molnar
2007-03-16, 12:22 PM
Excerpt from a Bloomberg story (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aeeO4CyuqFr4&refer=home) about the storm:

Jet Slides off Runway
Westchester County Airport near White Plains, New York, was closed at about 8:45 a.m. local time when a Galaxy Gulfstream 200 corporate jet slid off the runway after landing there, an airport spokesman who declined to identify himself said in a telephone interview.

The pilot was taxiing when he missed the taxiway, causing the plane to slide onto the airport turf, the spokesman said. No one was injured on the plane, which was carrying four passengers and two crew members, he said.

The airport is expected to reopen after a recovery team arrives at the scene, the spokesman said. He declined to identify the company that owned the plane or where it was coming from.

emshighway
2007-03-16, 03:04 PM
Tower to Gulfstream:

"Your other left"

T-Bird76
2007-03-16, 03:25 PM
Tower to Gulfstream:

"Your other left"

LOL that reminds me of this past Feb in LAX, a private jet landed and this guy def didn't know where he was going. First he rolls out to the end of the runway, turns right not left, goes towards the terminals, back towards the remote parking then finally over to the GA parking.

lijk604
2007-03-16, 04:36 PM
Excerpt from a Bloomberg story (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aeeO4CyuqFr4&refer=home) about the storm:

Jet Slides off Runway
Westchester County Airport near White Plains, New York, was closed at about 8:45 a.m. local time when a Galaxy Gulfstream 200 corporate jet slid off the runway after landing there, an airport spokesman who declined to identify himself said in a telephone interview.

The pilot was taxiing when he missed the taxiway, causing the plane to slide onto the airport turf, the spokesman said. No one was injured on the plane, which was carrying four passengers and two crew members, he said.

The airport is expected to reopen after a recovery team arrives at the scene, the spokesman said. He declined to identify the company that owned the plane or where it was coming from.

It was in fact a NetJets G200, N729QS from Bermuda. Knowing how big NetJets is in HPN, that's probably why the airport official did not want to say anything.

HPNPilot1200
2007-03-16, 05:30 PM
See this LiveATC.net thread (http://www.liveatc.net/forums/index.php/topic,2870.0.html) for an ATC clip and picture of the disabled Gulfstream. He wasn't taxiing, he clearly went off the end of runway 34 (departure end of 16). They also had pax onboard, which has got to be an awkward situation.

Another "Oops."

moose135
2007-03-16, 06:12 PM
That's a great clip

"Hey tower, do you know about this airplane here..." :D

I hate it when that happens :wink:

hiss srq
2007-03-16, 06:41 PM
The Galexy is one heavy arse biz jet.

lijk604
2007-03-16, 09:17 PM
Gese, I just downloaded the clip. I know the Captain of N451CM who brought it to the tower's attention. Just glad it wasn't one of my birds off the end!

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-03-16, 11:38 PM
When HPN closed, it must have been a pain for the airline pax in traveling that day.

hiss srq
2007-03-17, 05:42 AM
It probably would have been anyway considering you cannot fly in sleet so most dispatchers just gave their crews the go to the hotels or home messages before they bothered reporting.

Greeney
2007-03-18, 10:57 PM
Lmao, our tower controllers suck... you guys should hear the indian guy we used to have.