PDA

View Full Version : CO announces EWR/BOM

tsnamm
2007-03-07, 06:21 PM
from the CO Press release...

Printer Friendly Version Print Version
Continental Airlines Announces Daily Nonstop Service Between New York and Mumbai

NEW YORK, March 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Continental Airlines (NYSE: CAL) today announced that it will launch daily nonstop flights between its New York area hub at Newark Liberty International Airport and Mumbai beginning Oct. 30, 2007, subject to government approval. Continental has operated nonstop service between New York and Delhi since 2005.

The new service will link the world's financial center and top business and tourism destination with India's commercial and entertainment capital. The flight will be timed to provide convenient connections at Continental's New York hub with more than 230 other cities throughout the U.S., Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean.

"We are excited about extending our Indian route network to include nonstop service to Mumbai," said Jim Compton, Continental's executive vice president-marketing. "Mumbai is the largest trans-Atlantic market not currently served by Continental and offers significant opportunities for growth in the future."

Mumbai will be the 30th city in Continental's trans-Atlantic route network.

Mumbai, formerly known as Bombay, is the business and entertainment capital of India and its most populous city, with an estimated population of 13 million (25 million in the greater metropolitan area). Many financial institutions and corporations have their headquarters in Mumbai, which is also home to the world-famous Bollywood film and television industry.

Continental's New York/Newark-Mumbai flights will be operated with Boeing 777-200 aircraft with BusinessFirst and Economy cabins. Flying times will be approximately 14 hours and 50 minutes eastbound, and 16 hours and 15 minutes westbound.

SOURCE Continental Airlines
03/07/2007

Nonstop2AUH
2007-03-07, 06:24 PM
Does anyone know if a 777 has to come off of European service for this, or is this what the new aircraft they are getting is for?

tsnamm
2007-03-07, 06:32 PM
the new 777's are going to BRU for the summer...then in the fall when they go back to 767's the 777's will be deployed to BOM.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-03-11, 09:10 PM
Hmm, I smell Compeition with Delta's JFK/BOM service.

T-Bird76
2007-03-11, 09:35 PM
CO has 777s coming online from Boeing as we speak.

njgtr82
2007-03-11, 09:40 PM
Hmm, I smell Compeition with Delta's JFK/BOM service.
I give CO the edge here though because of better connections

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-03-12, 11:15 PM
I don't, not in JFK. DL is only in two terminals at JFK that is easily connected by a tunnel. Plus, DL uses the 777 too.

njgtr82
2007-03-13, 05:37 AM
I don't, not in JFK. DL is only in two terminals at JFK that is easily connected by a tunnel. Plus, DL uses the 777 too.

Uhm, not connecting the terminals.... connecting flights.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-03-13, 04:29 PM
I know, the connecting terminals should make connecting flights much easier.

T-Bird76
2007-03-13, 04:36 PM
DL's operation at JFK is a circus at best. They have overblown the capacity T2 and T3 can handle and the connecting service isn't anything to speak of. CO has a full blown hub and much nicer facilities.

tsnamm
2007-03-13, 09:03 PM
T3 is still basically the Pan Am Worldport and is disgraceful as an international gateway. Hopefully with DL out of bankruptcy they may get a move on with renovations (or razing!). CO's Terminal C is what DL ought to be building if they hope to continue expanding their JFK hub.