PDA

View Full Version : Jones Beach Airshow 2007

SCOTYDEMCO
2007-03-01, 01:37 PM
Lets get this a thread of it's own to kick around until Memorial Day weekend. So far here's the latest confirmed...

USAF Thunderbirds
US Army Golden Knights
US Navy Leap Frogs
F-18F East Coast Super Hornet Demo team
A-10 East Coast Demo team
2 ship B-1 Flyover's
106th NYANG demo
F-86 in Heritage flight
Sean D. Tucker (Oracle Challanger)
Mike Mancusso (solo)
Matt Chapman (solo)
Mike Mancusso and Matt Chapman (perform together)
Ed Hamill (Pitts Bi-Plane)
John Klatt (S 300D)
Geico Skytypers
American Airpower Museum warbirds including the B-17 Yankee lady and the RAF Lancaster

http://www.jonesbeachairshow.com

lijk604
2007-03-01, 01:41 PM
Sounds a little dull this year.
Let's get an F-22 demo team to show and really spark things up.

GrummanFan
2007-03-01, 01:44 PM
If the 22 were to visit, they would need arresting cables at FRG. But since they are seriously looking into getting them for the Tbirds so they dont have to stay elsewere, it could be entirely possible.

cancidas
2007-03-01, 01:48 PM
as long as sean is going to be here, it'll be a great airshow!

SCOTYDEMCO
2007-03-01, 01:56 PM
I'm hoping the Rhino demo. ACC has been know to have more than one demo team at a show so let's hope for something with burners. The Millville show in NJ is the same weekend and they also have the AAM warbirds scheduled to fly. It will be interesting to see where they go. Also it would be nice to coordinate some McGuire flybys, KC-10, C-17, KC-135 with the Millville show. I wouldn't say dull. They are all top performers, but very repetitive as years past. We need some change!

Raptor
Harrier
Rhino
F-4 in heritage flight
Some McGuire paricipation as above
Friday show day or night
Beach burner passes Friday night show (thinking Oceana)
F-117 or B-2 flyovers

I'm throwing these suggestions out there.

pgengler
2007-03-01, 03:45 PM
I'm hoping that the weather is really nice that weekend; if it is, I'm going to try to hit both shows (Jones Beach and Millville), since the beach as the Thunderbirds and Millville will have the Blue Angels.

It'll be a big airshow month, with McGuire having a show on May 12/13, though their lineup looks a bit like the one for Jones Beach (Thunderbirds, Golden Knights, Ed Hamill, etc.) so I may end up skipping the beach if one one day is good for weather and I make it to the McGuire show.

moose135
2007-03-01, 04:20 PM
Sounds a little dull this year.
Let's get an F-22 demo team to show and really spark things up.

Dull, what kind of drugs are you on? :D :D :D
Do they have an actual F-22 demo team? The ACC website (http://www.acc.af.mil/aerialevents/demoteams.asp) only shows A-10, F-15, and F-16 demo teams. From what I've read elsewhere, the F-22s that have been at shows only do a fairly tame fly-by, but no real demonstration like we've seen from the ACC teams.

It'll be a big airshow month, with McGuire having a show on May 12/13, though their lineup looks a bit like the one for Jones Beach (Thunderbirds, Golden Knights, Ed Hamill, etc.) so I may end up skipping the beach if one one day is good for weather and I make it to the McGuire show.

I plan to attend both - can't ever get enough of good airshows! Millville sounds intriguing - may have to hit the Beach one day, and Millville the other. Like I said, can't ever get enough of good airshows :wink:

GrummanFan
2007-03-01, 04:26 PM
They're doing a semi-demo this year for the F-22. There will me much more than just flat passes, but it falls slightly short of an all-out demo routine. Next year, the team will be established.

But from what I've heard so far, the show put on by that plane cannot me missed :shock:

Actually, heres the "showcard" for the routine that was posted on Airshowbuzz.com:
http://www.airshowbuzz.com/forums/uploads/monthly_02_2007/post-28-1172158941.jpg

SCOTYDEMCO
2007-03-20, 08:45 PM
Well here's some news folks. Two B-1's will be staging out of JFK for flybys at the show. And people in Far Rock complain about commercial air traffic noise. :shock:

Tom_Turner
2007-03-20, 08:54 PM
Well here's some news folks. Two B-1's will be staging out of JFK for flybys at the show. And people in Far Rock complain about commercial air traffic noise. :shock:

THAT IS INTERESTING NEWS... Looking forward to that.

Honestly, though, I love these airshows, but they would be better if things could be shaken up some years. I mean, wouldn't it be nice to have a B-52 Flyby? - Wouldn't it be cool to have an RAF Nimrod on display? Or Marine Helo demonstration? Alot of the content is very regional it seems, and not much to done for that.

All easier said than done I suppose.

I'll be attending all of them that I can.

Tom

SCOTYDEMCO
2007-03-20, 09:05 PM
I hear you Tom. Shows tend to get similar performers as other area shows. Two B-1's though is VERY rare for the Northeast region as far as airshow performances. The F-86 was also added to the HF.

GrummanFan
2007-03-22, 09:44 PM
Super Hornet has been added, and maybe, MAYBE, we might get an F-4 as well.

lijk604
2007-03-23, 11:57 AM
ok
ok...so I rushed to judge. Sounds like it's shaping up to be a good one.

Nick
2007-03-23, 02:23 PM
Looking foward to it!

Woz
2007-03-23, 03:50 PM
Does anyone know if the Thunderbirds or any other performers will be flying photo ops around Manhattan the week before the Jones Beach air show? For the last couple of years, the demo teams and others have done so.

I work in upper Manhattan and would like to be ready this time around to get some good photos. Thanks

stuart schechter
2007-03-23, 05:54 PM
The Intrepid isn't there so I don't know if they will be doing Fleet Week,(up and down the Hudson over the harbor).

GrummanFan
2007-03-23, 07:25 PM
Here's a tentative schedule for the T-birds week in NY. Things of course could change by the time the show rolls around, depending on weather and such.

Tueday - Tbirds photo flight over NYC (arrival from Andrews AFB)
Weds - Tbirds off
Thurs - Tbirds practice TWICE
Fri - Tbirds off / air show practice
Sat / Sun - Normal ops

Nick
2007-03-24, 01:28 AM
Might be my only chance to see the 117 fly. They're being retired as we speak.

SCOTYDEMCO
2007-04-01, 11:35 AM
Yes Nick the F-117 has been added for both days now as well!!

I have been away, I'll edit my first post.

Jonesbeach
2007-04-02, 09:29 AM
Are the Thunderbirds out of JFK again this year? It wouldbe great if they used FRG like the Blues, the access is soo much better. Getting right up to the fence with the kids is such a great experience. Thanks for any info.

Steve

moose135
2007-04-02, 09:30 AM
Are the Thunderbirds out of JFK again this year? It wouldbe great if they used FRG like the Blues, the access is soo much better. Getting right up to the fence with the kids is such a great experience. Thanks for any info.

Heard from a couple of sources that they will be out of JFK :(

cancidas
2007-04-02, 09:47 AM

Steve

the air force doesn't like short rrunways. in SNS, we're about 500 ft too short and they won't land any fast-mover there. the navy doesn't care, they'll land whatever wherever. i doubt the AF will be out of FRG, but the navy might.

Jonesbeach
2007-04-02, 11:02 AM
Guys,

Check it out, Question #13:

http://www.jonesbeachairshow.com/faqs.html#question13

Is it just pilots with no planes?

GrummanFan
2007-04-02, 12:00 PM
The T-birds WILL be based out of FRG. They really wanted to get them out of JFK to allow for more public access. Since Republic's longest runway falls just short of the T-birds minimum requirements, they made a special exception this time, provided they put aresting cables up as a safety precaution. However, the two B-1's will be based out of JFK. That is the only act so far to not be based at FRG, with the exeption of the 106th ANG.

So the pilots, and the planes, will be at farmingdale.

markg
2007-04-02, 12:59 PM
Millville is usually not that good.

It's a civilian show so you don't get the variety you would get at somewhere like McGuire or Andrews.

I'd love to see an airshow along the lines of RIAT in the UK. There you get military stuff from throughout Europe and some US and Russian stuff.

SCOTYDEMCO
2007-04-02, 01:19 PM
The B-1's and the F-117(staging from Millville) will be doing flyovers at both the Jones Beach show and the Millville show that same weekend.

cancidas
2007-04-02, 02:48 PM
The T-birds WILL be based out of FRG. They really wanted to get them out of JFK to allow for more public access. Since Republic's longest runway falls just short of the T-birds minimum requirements, they made a special exception this time, provided they put aresting cables up as a safety precaution. However, the two B-1's will be based out of JFK. That is the only act so far to not be based at FRG, with the exeption of the 106th ANG.

well, the 160th already has a home nearby. as far as the b-1s are concerned, could they even make it out of FRG?

the arrester cables, are they permanent fixtures or are they removable? would the USAF pay for equipment like that to be installed just for a single airshow a year?

SCOTYDEMCO
2007-04-02, 05:55 PM
The Noise of the B-1's alone would keep them out of FRG. There is no way they would be able to stage out of FRG. They would need full burner, more runway and even if they did they would melt your cars not to mention those at the end of the runway. lol They are staging out of JFK due to the runways and because they will be doing a flyover both days in Millville NJ. There is also no room for the Bones at FRG with all the other acts.

GrummanFan
2007-04-02, 06:03 PM
...and even if they did they would melt your cars...

I wouldn't have a problem with that :D

And I can only assume the arrester cables would be temporary, I don't see any reason for a permanent installation.

GrummanFan
2007-04-04, 03:35 PM
I've been hearing some talk about the possibility that the 106th will be deployed in Iraq at the time of the show, in which case they are trying to get other aircraft from other bases to help fill in thier ANG flyby. Anyone else hear anything about this, or know anyone from the 106th that might be able to elaborate?

GrummanFan
2007-04-12, 08:43 PM
Just an update on some times for things for the week leading up to the show:

Tuesday, May 22
Thunderbirds NYC Photo Flight; approx. 1:00pm
Thunderbirds arrive at Republic Airport; approx. 1:50pm

Thursday, May 24
Thunderbirds practice 2x; 10am-11am, 2pm-3pm

Friday, May 25th
Practice Airshow w/o Thunderbirds; 10am-2pm
NYAS Press Conference at Jones Beach; 11am

Nick
2007-04-22, 09:06 PM
the 106th will be deployed Yeap.

in Iraq Nope.

We'll have aircraft staying stateside, not sure if we'll have a flying demo yet this year. When I find out more I'll add to this.

Nick
2007-04-25, 01:20 AM
You guys shoulda seen what picked up our acft, it's about the size of a C-5, but it's not a C-5. This is the exact plane, just at another location. It was a good time dealin with these guys, and hearing some Russian, man times have changed. http://www.polet.ru/EN/index.shtml
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/5765/czechfieldhospitalafghayd8.jpg

wunaladreamin
2007-04-25, 04:02 PM
That's the Antonov AN-124. She's the little sister to the AN-225. Where was your camera???

Nick
2007-04-25, 06:35 PM
I was a little iffy about carrying one around the base, but my friend took a few.

wunaladreamin
2007-04-25, 06:54 PM
That's a catch right there, bro, with the AN-225 Mriya (dream in english) being the pinnacle. I'd love to see those shots.

SCOTYDEMCO
2007-04-26, 08:09 PM
Here's some video from Mike Mancusso from last weekend at Sun-n-fun. A little preview of him and Matt.

dsVPoaKE_TE

GrummanFan
2007-04-26, 08:55 PM
Another addition added...and RAF Lancaster will be visiting all the way from Ontario, Canada. The only one of its kind flyable in N. America, and only one of two flying in the world.

SCOTYDEMCO
2007-05-16, 09:46 AM
The flying schedule has been posted..

http://www.jonesbeachairshow.com

T-Bird76
2007-05-16, 09:58 AM
Anyone know where the B1-B Lancer will be staying? I need to nail that thing.

SCOTYDEMCO
2007-05-16, 10:25 AM
The 2 Bones will be coming into JFK Thurday making some passes at the beach Friday before they land. There will only be one B-1 flying at the show Sat and Sunday. They will be staging out of JFK Tommy, your in luck!

GrummanFan
2007-05-16, 12:12 PM
I thought they were doing passes on Thursday before they land, in between the Tbirds practices, sometime between 11am and 2pm. I guess we still have to wait for the official info from Karl on that one.

SCOTYDEMCO
2007-05-16, 01:31 PM
Duh my bad Dan. They will be doing some passes at the beach Thursday before they come into JFK on THURSDAY NOT Friday. I'm loosing it.

Nick
2007-05-16, 06:37 PM
I'm guessing you guys will be at the beach snapping pics then? Shoot me a PM I'd like to hook up and maybe experience the BONE...again. What time do ya think..

Tom_Turner
2007-05-16, 06:48 PM
Yes, and this is a hard one to get. Came to Floyd Bennett about 5 years ago and as GrummanFan wrote - its the only one flying.

Odd how it is advertised as American Warpower Museum aircraft - though obviously thats where it will be on this weekend.

(and not the first time both the LAncaster and a B-17 have been together in NY - but thats okay... a little hyperbole for an airshow never hurt.. -) )

Tom

Another addition added...and RAF Lancaster will be visiting all the way from Ontario, Canada. The only one of its kind flyable in N. America, and only one of two flying in the world.

Derf
2007-05-16, 07:12 PM
Invites for the AAM event are out....PS... Keep this on the downlow but the Thunderbirds will be there for their dinner event at the same time you all arrive... I would not be suprized if you get a tugged F-16 in red white and blue..... There are still slots available :D :wink:

OH, P.S. I will not be there... I will be at work until midnight! :roll:

Informant
2007-05-19, 03:12 PM
Today(Saturday) the temporary arresting cables are being installed, tomorrow(Sunday) they will be certified.

Just got a memo yesterday saying a C-17(That's right, as in the C-17 Globemaster) will be flying into FRG, twice during the week for an hour each day.Don't know where its coming from or where it will park but it should be interesting to see.

Steven Holzinger
2007-05-19, 05:57 PM
The C-17 will probably come in under the callsign "Thunderbird 14".

GrummanFan
2007-05-19, 11:37 PM
Any specifics on the days or times for the C17 arrival?

MORS-AB-ALTO
2007-05-20, 12:16 AM
Globemaster III, Nice! Huge lumbering aircraft about 100 feet overhead plus unassuming motorists...hmmm. I can already see the mayhem at the intersection of Airport Plaza & 110 if it lands on 14.

Purely hearsay, but I think I heard that C-5's have already been into Republic to lift the sub assemblies of A-10's and machinery to Fairchild's Hagerstown facility. I was a wee little lad at the time so I could be very wrong.

moose135
2007-05-20, 12:44 AM
Purely hearsay, but I think I heard that C-5's have already been into Republic to lift the sub assemblies of A-10's and machinery to Fairchild's Hagerstown facility. I was a wee little lad at the time so I could be very wrong.

I have a friend who was a Republic engineer back in the A-10 days, I'll have to ask him about that the next time I see him. I do remember seeing A-10 fuselages and wings (separately) on flatbed trailers heading down the LIE from FRG to Hagerstown back in the late '70s and early '80s.

Jonesbeach
2007-05-21, 08:23 AM
Does anyone know where the Thunderbirds do their NYC Photo Flight? I know they fly around the Statue of Liberty for the photo ops, but do they fly as far north as Midtown? I'm just trying to decide whether I should bring my camera to work tomorrow or not. (I'm at 51st and Park)

Thanks,

Steve

SCOTYDEMCO
2007-05-21, 10:23 AM
T-Birds photo shoot is tuesday Steve. It's bring your camera to work day.

GrummanFan
2007-05-21, 10:28 AM
I've been hearing some talk that the photo flight may have been cancelled, and the Tbirds will just arrive at republic sometime between 1 and 1:50. Still waiting for the official word though.

Also, the C-17 will arrive TUESDAY around 12 NOON. The whole airport will be closed for its arrival due to the sheer size of the thing.

Greg_NY
2007-05-21, 10:32 AM
Today(Saturday) the temporary arresting cables are being installed, tomorrow(Sunday) they will be certified.

On which runway are they installing these arresting cables?

Thanks

moose135
2007-05-21, 10:35 AM
On which runway are they installing these arresting cables?

They installed it on the departure end of Rwy 14.

mirrodie
2007-05-21, 10:45 AM
Also, the C-17 will arrive TUESDAY around 12 NOON. The whole airport will be closed for its arrival due to the sheer size of the thing.

Really? Its about as large, at least lengthwise, as a 757 and they've come into FRG. Didnt think they'd come the whole place down though.

They are so nice to watch manuvering in flight. Saw one turning for the 22s JFK arrival over Glen Cove back in January. You can spot her coming from so far off.

MORS-AB-ALTO
2007-05-21, 01:00 PM
Thanks for posting the info on the C-17 arrival time.

With the cables on only one end I guess we know which runway they'll be using each day.

At 20 feet longer than a 757 the length really isn't a problem, but the wingspan being 55 feet wider might be. Runway length is definitely a non issue as landing field length is listed at 3,000 feet with 160,000lbs of cargo. I've seen it land in almost half that empty.

I'll be there tomorrow around 11:30.

GrummanFan
2007-05-21, 01:37 PM
I'm thinking of contracting a stomach virus tomorrow, which would render me incapable of going to work...

What spot would be best for tomorrow, Home Depot or New Highway? I'm thinking Home depot.

T-Bird76
2007-05-21, 01:50 PM
Why do I always have to travel when cool stuff comes in??? Well I'll be there Sat and Sun to check her out.

MORS-AB-ALTO
2007-05-21, 01:57 PM
I'm going to go for the head on landing and take off shot. All really depends on thw wind as to where I'll be.

T-Bird76
2007-05-21, 02:00 PM
I'm guessing she'll be operating from the airport all weekend? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

moose135
2007-05-21, 02:04 PM
I think you would be correct in your assumption Tommy, as she will be supporting the Thunderbirds.

MORS-AB-ALTO
2007-05-21, 02:26 PM
My guess is she'll be in tomorrow and Sunday or Monday. USAF is far too overstretched to leave a C-17 on retainer for the T-birds. I did hear then see the rear of a C-130 as it passed over my house about an hour ago.

Informant
2007-05-21, 03:09 PM
The C17 will be coming in twice during the week, for one hour intervals on each of those two days.

Jonesbeach
2007-05-21, 03:48 PM
If the Thunderbirds are doing a flyover tomorrow, do they normally fly over Midtown? If they do, I think I'll try to arrange a visit to the roof of our building. So I guess the camera is coming to work tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

USAF Pilot 07
2007-05-21, 03:52 PM
If the Thunderbirds are doing a flyover tomorrow, do they normally fly over Midtown? If they do, I think I'll try to arrange a visit to the roof of our building. So I guess the camera is coming to work tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

I believe they usually do a Statue of Liberty photo shoot, so I'd imagine they'd fly somewhere around Downtown, and maybe Midtown...

Nick
2007-05-21, 09:35 PM
No H60 static this year, sorry guys.

GrummanFan
2007-05-21, 09:38 PM

awwwww :( . Any flybys though? Refuling/resuce demo?

mirrodie
2007-05-22, 09:16 AM
As I sit here this morning at the hospital, I remember last years events, similar to today's.

Blue Angel #7 came in on Wednesday afternoon. (Sadly, this is the same pilot who died about a month ago in NC) Then Thursday morning, in weather just like today, we sat at FRG at 0930, and I saw the Blues streaking across the coastline after doing their photo op in the city, then turn north around Bergen point and head to FRG for a flyover before landing.

Great memory and no camera can catch those moments.

I brought my camera with me but wont be in the office til 1300. By that time, the C17 may have come and gone. Regardless, I'll hear them all buzzing overhead the office ;)

Have a great week and weekend enjoying it all people. Look forward to your photos and video!

NIKV69
2007-05-22, 09:40 AM
Hey a fighter just roared overhead here. Was over the water heading SE over Freeport. Cool stuff. Didn't get the best look at it so couldn't tell you what the hell it was.

Ari707
2007-05-22, 09:56 AM
m in my office downtown with camera what time are the Thunderbirds flying by?

GrummanFan
2007-05-22, 10:09 AM
If they fly by, it will be around 1:00pm. Im off to Republic now.

And check this out, live streaming of the airshow and arrival stuff: http://www.w2lie.net/news.php

Nick
2007-05-22, 11:26 AM

awwwww :( . Any flybys though? Refuling/resuce demo?
The demo will go on!

mirrodie
2007-05-22, 01:10 PM
well I just drove by, coming off hte southern state and down wellwood. I havent seen any birides up but did see a chopper hovering HIGH above Republic. So my guess is they are running a bit late?

NIKV69
2007-05-22, 01:22 PM
It is them then. One just flew back over here in Oceanside. Cool..

Ari707
2007-05-22, 01:24 PM
nothing in the city yet are they doing a flyby

NIKV69
2007-05-22, 01:25 PM
Check that they are all here, they are doing some kewl stuff!

Ari707
2007-05-22, 02:25 PM
I am giving up I guess no City fly-by

nikon50bigma
2007-05-22, 04:19 PM
Will anyone be at Farmingdale for the air show instead of on the beach?
Because I've heard that it isn't the best shooting location, b/c there are alot of drunks and backlitness is a problem.
Will the B-1 be flying out of Farmingdale?

moose135
2007-05-22, 04:26 PM
I think a bunch of us will do both - one day at FRG, one day at the beach. Didn't have any problem with drunks the last two years at the beach. Yes, lighting can be challenging, but that's part of the fun :wink:

The B-1 will be flying out of JFK.

eric8669
2007-05-22, 04:28 PM
Just a few from the arrival today.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/southpaw8669/Thunderbirds_6a.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/southpaw8669/Thunderbirds_3_FRG_052207a.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/southpaw8669/C17_FRG_052207a.jpg

pgengler
2007-05-22, 04:29 PM
I still haven't figured out how I'm going to do things this year; last year I did one day (Saturday) at FRG and the other (Sunday) at the beach. I was over by the Home Depot when I was at FRG, and it seemed like most everything was using 1/19 so the most I could do was watch. The Blue Angels took off from 14 and landed 32, so we had a nice view as they taxiied. There were about 7-10 people along the fence there for most of the day, which a much larger crowd developing when the Angels come 'round.

moose135
2007-05-22, 04:46 PM
Here are a few more from today...

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155305649-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155305780-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155305591-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155305678-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155305711-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155305747-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155305517-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155305613-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155305817-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155305844-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155305875-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155305479-L.jpg

Editted to add: As the C-17 was approaching, they mentioned that during the A-10 production days, both C-5s and C-141s flew into FRG, so I guess that rumor was in fact true!

nikon50bigma
2007-05-22, 05:47 PM
Will they do practice runs friday?

nikon50bigma
2007-05-22, 05:49 PM
Will they do practice runs friday? And do I need a chair to see over any obstructions at the airport?

nikon50bigma
2007-05-22, 05:50 PM

I believe they usually do a Statue of Liberty photo shoot, so I'd imagine they'd fly somewhere around Downtown, and maybe Midtown...

When do they do that?

PhantomII
2007-05-22, 05:53 PM

The word I got was they will do two practice flights on Thursday, around 10am & 2pm, nothing on Friday. Most of the other participants will be practicing on Friday.

MORS-AB-ALTO
2007-05-22, 06:05 PM
Nice job Eric & Moose!

Here's a few from me today...

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/T-BIRD2LAND.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/T-BIRDREAR-1.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/T-BIRDAPRON.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/T-BIRD6.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/T-BIRD5LAND.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/T-BIRD3LAND.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/C-17LANDTELE.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/C-17OVERHEAD.jpg

nikon50bigma
2007-05-22, 06:10 PM

The word I got was they will do two practice flights on Thursday, around 10am & 2pm, nothing on Friday. Most of the other participants will be practicing on Friday.

YES! Thankyou, will you other guys be around there, I might be around.

Do the cops give you a hard time there?
Are there alot of obstructions- is a chair needed?

moose135
2007-05-22, 06:13 PM
YES! Thankyou, will you other guys be around there, I might be around.

Do the cops give you a hard time there?

I may get down to the beach for one of those practice flights, depends on how things are at the OK Corral :wink:

During air show week most of the cops are spending as much time looking at the aircraft as we are, usually not a problem as long as you are off the road, and don't have a ladder leaning against the fence.

Nick
2007-05-22, 06:23 PM
Nice shots, man, that J-model C-130 looks silly to me, with the extended fuselage. The C17 was the best part, it stopped so short!

GrummanFan
2007-05-22, 06:25 PM
Heres a few of mine, more to come...

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/GrummanFan/c17_takeoff_1.jpg

Im debating about photoshopping that seagull out of there.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/GrummanFan/c17_takeoff_4.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/GrummanFan/c17_takeoff_3.jpg

Finally, a new desktop pic...
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/GrummanFan/c17_Desktop.jpg

GrummanFan
2007-05-22, 07:27 PM
Ok, I'm done. Today was definately a "practice" day, hopefully I can do a little better on Friday and Saturday.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/GrummanFan/tbird_four_1.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/GrummanFan/tbird_seven_1.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/GrummanFan/c17_arrival.jpg

Not the best quality shot, but I liked it...
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/GrummanFan/tbird_c17_arrival.jpg

It's off to the beach for this fella...
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/GrummanFan/tbird_cart.jpg

And I caught this guy removing the #8 from the jet, any idea why? Plane change maybe?
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/GrummanFan/number_eight_1.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/GrummanFan/number_eight_2.jpg

Just like everyone else, I'm having dust spot issues, but the air blower I ordered won't be here until the show is well over. Anybody willing to meet up Friday at Republic to let me borrow one? PM me if its possible.

Dan N
2007-05-22, 09:27 PM
Great shots already!!

I love the head-ons from the end of the runway!!

Headed down to Republic Today and shot from the old tower at the American AirPower Museum.

It was amazing to see that C17 stop so quickly!!

Seems like he can stop on a dime and give a nickles change!!

I was a little dissapointed that the Thunderbirds didn't fly in formation over the airport before landing.

It still was a fun afternoon!

http://danneri.com/2007Airshow/2007%20C17%200DAN3924.jpg

http://danneri.com/2007Airshow/2007%20Lancaster%200DAN3819.jpg

http://danneri.com/2007Airshow/2007%20Thunderbirds%200DAN3862.jpg

http://danneri.com/2007Airshow/2007%20Thunderbirds%200DAN3916.jpg

http://danneri.com/2007Airshow/2007%20Thunderbirds%200DAN3973.jpg

GrummanFan, stop by one of the camera shops on 110 for a rocket blower..

Tom_Turner
2007-05-22, 09:31 PM
Whoa! Thats no seagul, thats a bird of prey right there.

Tom

[quote="GrummanFan"]Heres a few of mine, more to come...

Im debating about photoshopping that seagull out of there.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/GrummanFan/c17_takeoff_4.jpg

GrummanFan
2007-05-22, 09:35 PM

Oh yeah, I completly forgot about Cameta Camera. :oops: Sweet shots, dude.

nikon50bigma
2007-05-22, 09:47 PM
So when you guys go there, is it nesecary to bring a ladder?
What time does the flying begin Friday?
Will they fly around that airport or head over to the beach?

pgengler
2007-05-22, 09:48 PM

Unless you have a smallish lens that you can use to shoot through holes in the fence, a ladder is a must (I didn't have one last year, and I regretted it the whole time, especially when one of the other guys at the fence let me climb up on his for a few shots).

njgtr82
2007-05-22, 09:53 PM
Great pics guys and its only Tuesday, looking foward to seeing your stuff all week

Bill

nikon50bigma
2007-05-22, 11:16 PM

Unless you have a smallish lens that you can use to shoot through holes in the fence, a ladder is a must (I didn't have one last year, and I regretted it the whole time, especially when one of the other guys at the fence let me climb up on his for a few shots).

How tall of a ladder?
Anyone care to fill me in on some spotting areas?

moose135
2007-05-23, 02:29 AM
And I caught this guy removing the #8 from the jet, any idea why? Plane change maybe?
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/GrummanFan/number_eight_1.jpg

The 2 seaters are used as spares, they can peel the numbers off and replace them as necessary.

Dan N
2007-05-23, 07:52 AM

Oh yeah, I completly forgot about Cameta Camera. :oops: Sweet shots, dude.

Actually, go into Berger.. I work there.. but not this weekend!! :)

GrummanFan
2007-05-23, 10:35 AM
How tall of a ladder?
Anyone care to fill me in on some spotting areas?

Just check out my website (link in my signature) for spotting areas at republic. Fences are your standard 8ft chain link with razor wire, in most places.

hiss srq
2007-05-23, 10:43 AM
The T birds were praticeing around DCA yesterday while I was down there but I had to go over to IAD for the day so I missed it.

Derf
2007-05-23, 11:51 AM
Two from last night
http://fromtheflightdeck.com/temp/nycaviation/airshow%2007/8from_IMG_2311.jpg

http://fromtheflightdeck.com/temp/nycaviation/airshow%2007/IMG_2375_69_70_71_72_73_74.jpg

lijk604
2007-05-23, 12:10 PM
Fred, you never cease to amaze!

MORS-AB-ALTO
2007-05-23, 01:22 PM
USN P-3 Orion just made it's turn overhead for approach to 14.

moose135
2007-05-23, 01:24 PM
Alright, Fred, two can play at this game :wink:

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155571478-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155571508-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155571382-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155571544-L.jpg

We did discuss the logic of shooting a black airplane at night...

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155571617-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155571648-L.jpg

Bellucciman
2007-05-23, 01:43 PM
You guys are just absolutely killing me! Great shots!

T-Bird76
2007-05-23, 02:07 PM
Just got back from Lunch over at the 56th and man the skies are filled with warbirds! Saw the Orion land and then a squadron of old birds did a fly over pretty dam low over my office. I should have taken a day off this week to sit at FRG.....I'm stupid.

lijk604
2007-05-23, 02:10 PM
I agree with you Tommy, I got a few shots last evening around sunset, I'll post tonight when I get home.

mirrodie
2007-05-23, 02:11 PM
Tom, I don't know who has it worse: you , or me, who could peek out everyone once in a while and they are buzzing overhead all day long and yet, I hear them, just can't see them.

Anyway, thanks for the photos everyone. Great stuff. Looks better than last year's stuff!

Informant
2007-05-23, 03:13 PM
Change up of plans everyone, we had a meeting yesterday, and it turns out we will be changing the day of the practice airshow to Thursday instead of Friday.

T-Bird76
2007-05-23, 03:22 PM
Change up of plans everyone, we had a meeting yesterday, and it turns out we will be changing the day of the practice airshow to Thursday instead of Friday.

What time?

Informant
2007-05-23, 04:59 PM
Should be around the same time. Friday there will be some performers practicing for sure, but from talking to LT. Robbins, Maj Clark, and Maj Skelton the Thunderbirds will not be flying on friday.

mirrodie
2007-05-23, 05:05 PM
1700 Thursday, was seen on News 12 Long Island

Derf
2007-05-23, 05:17 PM
Here are some of my shots so far....it may get a little long

Wishinig we had some snow
http://www.longislandwallpapers.com/photos/155606984-L.jpg

THE MAN
http://www.longislandwallpapers.com/photos/155607388-L.jpg

ARRESTED!!!
http://www.longislandwallpapers.com/photos/155610098-L.jpg

http://www.longislandwallpapers.com/photos/155610886-L.jpg

This guys was saying "Where the hell did I put my keys" when he passed me....
http://www.longislandwallpapers.com/photos/155629563-L.jpg

I love this plane....design is over 50 years old, Does anyone remember the old Roman nose?

http://www.longislandwallpapers.com/photos/155611592-L.jpg

http://www.longislandwallpapers.com/photos/155607305-L.jpg

http://www.longislandwallpapers.com/photos/155627775-L.jpg

http://www.longislandwallpapers.com/photos/155629446-L.jpg

http://www.longislandwallpapers.com/photos/155631129-L.jpg

nikon50bigma
2007-05-23, 05:20 PM
5pm they are practicing, isn't that a little late? :?:
So what do ya guys think will be flying Friday, maybe the P-51?
I might see some of you guys there on Fri.
Where were most of those shots taken from- airport plaza?

lijk604
2007-05-23, 08:37 PM
Here are mine from around 7pm last night...

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b233/lijk604/Tbird4_052007.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b233/lijk604/Tbird6atrest_052007.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b233/lijk604/T-Birds_sunset_052007_FRG.jpg

Trying for a different look
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b233/lijk604/Heritage_052007.jpg

Nick
2007-05-23, 09:27 PM
USN P-3 Orion just made it's turn overhead for approach to 14. It was at Gabreski this week doing touch and goes also!

GrummanFan
2007-05-23, 09:38 PM
The Thunderbirds never did plan on practicing on Friday. They will practice twice on Thursday, everyone else on Friday.

Not trying to start a war here, but I'm starting to like Moose's night shots better than Fred's :wink:

Derf
2007-05-23, 09:46 PM
Moose, you are no longer invited tonight....put your car keys down!

....and GrummanFan, your are now uninvited to Night under the stars!!!
:lol: :wink:

nikon50bigma
2007-05-23, 09:58 PM
Hey Derf,
Great shot of that C-130J on approach.
Care to share some of your spotting locations?
It would be greatly appreciated!

Dan N
2007-05-23, 10:00 PM

I think that the 1700 is in GMT which we are -4 hours from which would make it 1300.

I think.. I don't friggin know anymore, I'm so wrapped up in watching the Yanks spank Boston!! :P

gpalz
2007-05-24, 01:20 AM
Wow. Great shots and great forum! I might take off from work just to get some shots tomorrow before the weekend crowd. Do you know if they will allow access onto the field tomorrow or Friday? Last year, I went to catch the Blue Angels, but didn't realize they were on the other side of the airport. I drove around and was lucky enough to get a few shots through the fence before my batteries died. Here's two:

http://gpalzproductions.com/ba1copy.jpg
http://gpalzproductions.com/ba3copy.jpg

hiss srq
2007-05-24, 01:22 AM
gpalz, Welcome to the family! Great shots there.

PhantomII
2007-05-24, 01:50 AM
Looks as if the T-birds will only be flying one practice on Thursday, looking at departing around 1400L. Friday will be a down day for them (as was always planned.)

Derf
2007-05-24, 01:59 AM
Hey Derf,
Great shot of that C-130J on approach.
Care to share some of your spotting locations?
It would be greatly appreciated!

Hmmm... Let me see....
Some of my shots are from inside the fence line and out on the field so I
can not really help there. The Best Place to be at this airport depends on
what you want to shoot.

***The longest runway will be closed for most of the show from what I
understand... The Military will be the only aircraft operating on that
runway because of the active arrestor system. The shorter runway 1
would put you by the terminal or the AAM for spotting depending on
wind. The Play it safe would be the bend on New Hwy but that gets
backlit.

I have No Idea where I will be on any given day, there are certain spots
but all you do that day is drive toward what you want (Takeoff/Landing)
and you will see more an more people with cameras....When you hit a
bunch a big glass, Find a spot for the car.

Derf
2007-05-24, 02:02 AM
I am too tired to look at my pictures from tonight.... Moose, it is all you!
I am going to bed, I will be at FRG EARLY....

moose135
2007-05-24, 03:06 AM
I am too tired to look at my pictures from tonight.... Moose, it is all you!
I am going to bed, I will be at FRG EARLY....

And some of us have to get up early for work. Remember, Fred, you'll have plenty of time to sleep when you're dead :wink:

Since you insist, here are some from tonight...

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155787365-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155787380-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155787406-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155787392-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155789970-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155790029-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155790101-L.jpg

Unfortunately, I can't post the best shots of the night. Maybe one day...

mirrodie
2007-05-24, 12:53 PM
First off, I love your photos guys.

Second, I hate this. I can't see anything yet I am heaing it all day long.

Oh the agony. The horror! The pain!

T-Bird76
2007-05-24, 01:44 PM
Well I hope anyone who is out is having a great time. I just did lunch over by FRG and saw a pair of A10s, one of the T Birds, and the C130. The B1 did a nice fly by to. Just wonderful to see all this adlib action flying over.

Tom_Turner
2007-05-24, 02:45 PM
Moose - Really great shots from the old tower!

Enjoyed them.

Tom

njgtr82
2007-05-24, 03:56 PM
At EWR today Thunderbird 8 did a low approach to runway 11 and then a fly bye of the tower. He was very low and fast, but fun to watch. News chopper 2 said they got it on video so it might be on the news tonight.

nikon50bigma
2007-05-24, 04:14 PM
Thanks Defr,
With that said about the longest runway for military use, does that mean civialian performers will use that one too?

Derf
2007-05-24, 04:31 PM
Thanks Defr,
With that said about the longest runway for military use, does that mean civialian performers will use that one too?
No, the largest runway will be used by the F-16's and possibly for the A-10's. I know that they have been shutting down that runnway for all traffic for hours before and some time after the T-Birds land....

The AAM is good for aircraft shots if they come from the north...otherwize you want to be by the new tower or at the bend of new hwy.

On a side note, the C-130 is using the short runway...see my approach shot on the previous page from the AAM... that should be the approach shots of most aircraft this weekend from the AAM.

Derf
2007-05-24, 04:32 PM
B-1 flyby was high and far away, but I still got good shots!

SCOTYDEMCO
2007-05-24, 04:46 PM
The T-birds did 2 shows today, not one. They departed at 10am and then again for the 2pm practice. The 2 Bones did 4 passes each at the beach, lit the cans on more than half of the passes too!!

T-Bird76
2007-05-24, 04:46 PM
BTW what is everyones plans for Sat? Who's going to the show on Sat, who's hanging out at FRG on Sat, etc? I'm going to hang around FRG on Sat like I did last year. Depending on plans for Sun I'll either be in the Hamptons or at the Air Show.

moose135
2007-05-24, 04:50 PM
The B1 did a nice fly by to. Just wonderful to see all this adlib action flying over.

No, that was a pretty lame-ass fly over. Wings forward, low power for the first time by, then landing configuration with gear & flaps hanging for the last pass? How about wings back, burners lit, 500 ft AGL, smoking along at the speed of heat?

These guys sure aren't SAC-trained killers :wink:

That said, how about a few shots? Taken under the approach to Rwy 19, out in front of Dave & Busters:

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155929435-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155929465-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155929493-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/155929525-L.jpg

nikon50bigma
2007-05-24, 04:52 PM
Wow! Moose those are amazing!
I'll be up by FRG tomorrow, anyone else gonna be there?
Saturday I'll be by Millville

nikon50bigma
2007-05-24, 05:02 PM
Wow! Moose those are amazing!
I'll be up by FRG tomorrow, anyone else gonna be there?
Saturday I'll be by Millville.
Fri. at FRG practice starts at 11 right?

mirrodie
2007-05-24, 05:03 PM
Saw the Tbirds take off at 1400 today. While it was nice to see them ( I havent seen them in 20 years) I found the takeoff a bit of a let down compared to the BlueAngels.

But it was nice seeing them as well as the A10s and C130

Where are the arrestor cables? Near 110?

Art at ISP
2007-05-24, 05:05 PM
It should be a good photographic weekend here at FRG!!!!

I have been hearing the F16s all afternoon--as far away as Hicksville. Have yet to see one though. May drive past FRG tonight.

lijk604
2007-05-24, 05:08 PM
Where are the arrestor cables? Near 110?

They are down near the end of 14 by the "New Highway hump" aka the approach end of 32.

eric8669
2007-05-24, 05:08 PM
Some from today.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/southpaw8669/Thunderbirds_052407a.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/southpaw8669/Thunderbirds_052407_2a.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/southpaw8669/Thunderbirds_052407_1a.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/southpaw8669/Ncole_Malachowski_Thunderbird3a.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/southpaw8669/B1Bomber_FRG_052407a.jpg

moose135
2007-05-24, 05:09 PM
Looks like I'll be in and around FRG most of the day Saturday, including Saturday night until they throw us out :) Sunday I plan to be at the beach all day (probably shoot to get there between 7 & 8 am) If you don't have it already, PM me for my cell. Don't know that I'll get there for Fred's Sunrise Shooting Adventure. Maybe if I just don't go to bed Saturday night...

moose135
2007-05-24, 05:11 PM
Saw the Tbirds take off at 1400 today. While it was nice to see them ( I havent seen them in 20 years) I found the takeoff a bit of a let down compared to the BlueAngels.

Someone said one of the ground crew told them the FRG runway is too narrow (based on their SOP) to perform their typical diamond takeoff roll. Not sure if that's true, or if they are saving that for Saturday...

Great shots Eric!

mirrodie
2007-05-24, 05:34 PM
NIce B1 shots. Why is it referred to as "bone"?

moose135
2007-05-24, 05:36 PM

B-One :roll:

nikon50bigma
2007-05-24, 05:39 PM

B-One :roll:

Oh yeah, I just realised that.

GrummanFan
2007-05-24, 06:50 PM
Ill be around Republic tomorrow, but I have work at 2 so Ill be cutting out early. I think I will stick around Dave and Busters on Friday, and Saturday I will be at the Museum for the beginning of the day, then head over to Home Depot once the military iron starts moving around. Sunday I will be at the show. I'll be the kid in a red pathfinder driving like a maniac.

And one more thing; I saw this shot on the NY Times homepage, can you find all the dust spots? :lol:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/05/24/nyregion/24floater-650.jpg

nikon50bigma
2007-05-24, 09:27 PM
Wow, I see a bunch of dust spots.

Nick
2007-05-24, 09:34 PM
I'll be the kid in a red pathfinder driving like a maniac.I saw ya, were ya standin on your roof at all? I have a Red Nissan Frontier myself. I should be there all day tomorrow. Are we allowed to go into the museum tomorrow? Usually they let me in for free with the military ID. Saturday I'll be at the show, and Sunday I'll be at FRG.

GrummanFan
2007-05-24, 09:42 PM
I saw ya, were ya standin on your roof at all?

Haha yup. I built this new stand thing for my roof-rack, so now I can balance much easier up there.

They should let you in to the museum, they will be open.

gpalz
2007-05-25, 12:14 AM
Love the B1 pictures from Moose and Eric today. However, Eric gets the best photo award for Maj Nicole Malachowski!!!

Leaving work at 2pm on Friday so I can get some shots of the T-birds on the ground and scope out shooting locations for take off and landings for Saturday. Since I'm new to this, I'm guessing the t-birds will start their take off from 14 heading towards 32, yes?

Oh, do the pilots do any signings at the airport? It would be nice to have them sign my Franklin Mint T-bird die cast one day.

Dan N
2007-05-25, 01:23 AM
Great shots all!!

I was at the beach at 10am, than headed to FRG at 2:50 for the take-off. Hung out a bit until they landed:

http://danneri.com/2007Airshow/practice/2007%200DAN4209.jpg

http://danneri.com/2007Airshow/practice/2007%200DAN4490.jpg

http://danneri.com/2007Airshow/practice/2007%200DAN4876.jpg

http://danneri.com/2007Airshow/practice/2007%200DAN4973.jpg

http://danneri.com/2007Airshow/practice/2007%200DAN5019.jpg

http://danneri.com/2007Airshow/practice/2007%200DAN5126.jpg

Thanks for looking!

nikon50bigma
2007-05-25, 08:56 PM
To upload images, I have to make a website for them first?
But aside from that, today was nice at FRG, I saw to people on ladders at the begging of runway 19 at like 2:30 today, I don't know if they were any of you though.
Say aye if it was you.
[/img]

nwafan20
2007-05-25, 09:17 PM
To upload images, I have to make a website for them first?
But aside from that, today was nice at FRG, I saw to people on ladders at the begging of runway 19 at like 2:30 today, I don't know if they were any of you though.
Say aye if it was you.
[/img]

Make an account at http://www.photobucket.com...

Derf
2007-05-26, 09:57 PM
http://www.longislandwallpapers.com/photos/156473978-L.jpg

Dan N
2007-05-26, 11:45 PM
That's sweet Fred!!

Here's one from today:

http://danneri.com/2007Airshow/show/Thunderbirds%202007%20_DAN7087.jpg

Hopefully tomorrow isn't as hazy!!

Tom_Turner
2007-05-27, 12:48 AM
Ah, so nice Fred - as always!!!

Tom

hiss srq
2007-05-27, 01:01 AM
Great shots guys. I really fought with myself today whether to bang out from work and go to the airshow or go to work but dollar signs run my world right now and I ended up sitting in the twr surfing the friggin internet all day thanks to the severly reduced schedule as well as 4/22 being closed. I was kicking myself all day long. I was the only one leaving Long Beach today as everyone and their brother was going over the bridge into LB today. The traffic was unreal coming in to enjoy it and I live here and couldnt. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................

moose135
2007-05-27, 01:38 AM
What an incredible day & night at FRG. Spent a large part of the day up in the old tower. Got to see the F-86 launch right in front of us.

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/156542144-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/156542224-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/156541551-L.jpg

The Skytypers return to FRG while the Lancaster waits to take off.

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/156541636-L.jpg

And a couple from tonight's shoot:

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/156541483-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/156541712-L.jpg

Thanks to everyone who made today great - the folks at the museum, for allowing us the opportunity for tonight's shoot, my fellow photographers, and of course, Fred Miller. Without Fred, none of this would have been possible.

nwafan20
2007-05-27, 01:50 AM
Wow, great shots everybody!

This one is my favorite of them all:

Tom_Turner
2007-05-27, 03:03 AM
Incredible shots Moose! And of great aircraft too !!

Fantastic!

Tom

stuart schechter
2007-05-27, 09:49 AM
I wish I was there!!! Great Shots all!

cancidas
2007-05-27, 10:04 AM
from last night:

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o161/cancidas/CELMER_NL751RB_KFRG_05-26-07.jpg
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o161/cancidas/CELMER_N4207W_KFRG_05-26-07.jpg
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o161/cancidas/CELMER_N3913G_KFRG_05-26-07_2.jpg
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o161/cancidas/CELMER_N3913G_KFRG_05-26-07_1.jpg
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o161/cancidas/CELMER_166659_KFRG_05-26-07.jpg
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o161/cancidas/CELMER_80-0223_KFRG_05-26-07.jpg
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o161/cancidas/CELMER_C-GVRA_KFRG_05-26-07.jpg

gpalz
2007-05-27, 01:02 PM
I'm simply blown away by all of these beautiful shots. Location, location, location! Congrats to all.

I stuck around the terminal yesterday (next time must bring ear plugs). Unfortunately on my very last shot I noticed the dreaded "Card Error." I was able to recover half my shots. Three are below.

Anybody know when the Thunderbirds will depart after the show?

http://gpalzproductions.com/14c.jpg
http://gpalzproductions.com/48c.jpg
http://gpalzproductions.com/18c.jpg

hiss srq
2007-05-27, 01:12 PM
I am impressed by all of the pictures. Oh and for those of you impressed by that super cool tripod Matt had. It was mine! lol

lijk604
2007-05-27, 06:00 PM
Haven't even thought of touching the night stuff yet...I did notice this on today's flight...

Not sure it's so easy a caveman could do it, so they trust it to the Gecko instead. LOL!
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b233/lijk604/N52033_052707_KFRG.jpg

and from Saturday...
a long way from home
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b233/lijk604/82-0055_052607_KFRG.jpg

Getting ready for the "half-a-runway" takeoff..
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b233/lijk604/N260SP_052607_KFRG.jpg

a classic...
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b233/lijk604/N3193G_052607_KFRG.jpg

Now to work on the other 950 shots! UGH!

njgtr82
2007-05-27, 06:56 PM
I had a great time last night and Fred thanks alot for arranging last night. It was great to meet a few of you. Heres a few of mine.
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i281/njgtr82/teethfrg.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i281/njgtr82/lancasterfrg.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i281/njgtr82/glamgalfrg.jpg
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i281/njgtr82/a10headon.jpg

SCOTYDEMCO
2007-05-27, 07:45 PM
Moose you weren't kidding last night when you said you got some great take off shots of the sabre. Great shots my man!

T-Bird76
2007-05-27, 07:53 PM
Here's a few of my favorites from the day's events.

http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/FRG_1_052607_Day.jpg

http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/FRG_2_052607_Day.jpg

http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/FRG_3_052607_Day.jpg

http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/FRG_4_052607_Day.jpg

http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/B17_FRG_Night_052607.jpg

nikon50bigma
2007-05-27, 10:08 PM
Great shots Moose, you should have made it out today to the beach.
Here is some of my shots:
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z211/nikon50bigma/DSC_0197.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z211/nikon50bigma/ira068.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z211/nikon50bigma/Jones603.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z211/nikon50bigma/ira046.jpg
^^^ Afterburners baby!!!!!!!!!^^^
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z211/nikon50bigma/Fridayspractice212.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z211/nikon50bigma/Jones686.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z211/nikon50bigma/Jones203.jpg
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z211/nikon50bigma/Fridayspractice065-1.jpg
critiques are welcome.

Derf
2007-05-27, 10:47 PM
Why were you shooting that guy.....dumoss is not even using L glass....amateur

AirtrafficController
2007-05-28, 10:11 AM
nice shots everyone, cool to see the Geico icon in the passenger seat

PhilDernerJr
2007-05-28, 11:06 AM
Wow. All of you guys have some seriously amazing photographs. I'm blown away and very impressed.

moose135
2007-05-28, 11:15 AM
Great shots Moose, you should have made it out today to the beach.

But I was! Hit the field around 10:30 - absolutely no traffic getting in, parked in Field 4, plenty of room. Left after the Thunderbirds finished and got right out - I was heading up the Meadowbrook 5 minutes after getting in the car. I ended up finding a nice spot on the boardwalk, had a bench to sit on (and stand on to get over the crowd)...

Here are a couple, it's going to take me a month to go through all my shots from this week!

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/156839402-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/156839546-L.jpg

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/156839592-L.jpg

USAF Pilot 07
2007-05-28, 06:32 PM
Those are some amazing pics that have been posted! It must have been quite an airshow, especially out on the beach with the nice weather. Too bad it wasn't next weekend, since I'll be home then and could have checked them out. :(

The Thunderbirds arrived in Colorado Springs either this morning or last night sometime, and did an unofficial practice for a little earlier today. Their official practice is tomorrow, and then the airshow is Wednesday during graduation. Although the lineup may be nothing like Jones Beach, we should still have some decent flyovers the next two days (we had a 4-ship of T-38s today, which was ok), but I'm really looking forward to the graduation flyover! Not too many schools, well just one actually, have the Thunderbirds fly over right at graduation when the hats go up and then do an airshow right after. I'm looking forward to it... hope the weather is nice!

nikon50bigma
2007-05-28, 06:55 PM
Here is one more shot.
It something those people in the plane on the right probably don't get to see everyday.

gpalz
2007-05-28, 08:02 PM
... have the Thunderbirds fly over right at graduation when the hats go up and then do an airshow right after. I'm looking forward to it...

Congrats to you and to the class of 2007 this Wednesday!

Integrity First, Service Before Self, and Excellence In All We Do

eric8669
2007-05-28, 09:15 PM
A few from the weekend.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/southpaw8669/b1_bomber_Jonesbeach_052707a.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/southpaw8669/f18_Jonesbeac_052707_1a.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/southpaw8669/A10_Thunderbolt_JonesBeach_052707a.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/southpaw8669/Thunderbirds_Jonesbeach_052707_1a.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/southpaw8669/Thunderbirds_Jonesbeach_052707_4a.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/southpaw8669/Thunderbirds_Jonesbeach_052707_2a.jpg

MarkLawrence
2007-05-28, 09:23 PM
Awesome shots everyone!

nikon50bigma
2007-05-28, 09:28 PM
Nice shot of the six pulling into the verticle.

cancidas
2007-05-28, 11:36 PM
ok, seriously now. was there nothing with rotors flying this weekend or was everyone just interested in fastmovers?!

hiss srq
2007-05-28, 11:51 PM
Matt, I think were the only ones who give a toot.

pgengler
2007-05-28, 11:56 PM
ok, seriously now. was there nothing with rotors flying this weekend or was everyone just interested in fastmovers?!

I was going to wait until I'd gone through all of my photos before I posted any, but here's one for you:

http://image.pgengler.net/nyca/2007-05-26/copter.jpg

MORS-AB-ALTO
2007-05-29, 12:20 AM
Nice pics by all, but so far I would have to say Moose has the shot of the weekend with that F-86 breaking off Runway 1.

Here's a few from my next block of shot around Republic.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/T-BIRDTOROCK.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/T-BIRD5TO.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/T-BIRDSWAP.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/tbirdland.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/tbirdhdland.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/T-BIRDHEADONBLUR.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/T-BIRD5SHIPLAND.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/skytyperbreak.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/SKYTYPERLAND.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/SHTO.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/VFA-106BREAK.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/C-17TAKEOFF.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/B-25NOSETO.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/B-25LAND.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/AAMP-40TO.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/P-40LANDLIWB.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/LANCASTERLAND.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/L-39.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/f-86takeoff.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/a-10gearup.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/TUCKER.jpg

USAF Pilot 07
2007-05-29, 12:24 AM
Congrats to you and to the class of 2007 this Wednesday!

Integrity First, Service Before Self, and Excellence In All We Do

Thank you!

SCOTYDEMCO
2007-05-29, 10:50 AM
Well here I am back to work in the office. It was a fun weekend, great to hang with everyone again. A big thank you to Fred and Moose for Saturday!

GrummanFan
2007-05-29, 11:11 AM

The only statics for this show were provided by LI Helicopter.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/GrummanFan/r22_2.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/GrummanFan/pavehawk_2.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/GrummanFan/bell_1.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/GrummanFan/pavehawk_3.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c180/GrummanFan/r22_1.jpg

mirrodie
2007-05-29, 12:06 PM
Nice shots everyone.

Did he roll the B-1 bomber?

I just saw the Tbirds come in to land on Saturaday after the show. It qas nice that all I had to do was step out the front door of the office as they flew over and all turned starboard in front of my door, to line up for landing one by one at FRG.

Which leads me to ask: Did they land with the arrestor hook? Looks like they landed on the runway opposite of the end that is near Home Depot. And they landed one by one, right after one another. So I am assuming they didn't. Otherwise, how would they be "caught and released" by the cable in time for the very next landing?

Any clarification?

moose135
2007-05-29, 12:09 PM
Mario,

They didn't roll the B-1, but they did get it up close to a 90 degree bank. The Thunderbirds did land Rwy 32, opposite of their departure, not sure exactly why. And no, they didn't hook them when they landed. The cable was only there in event of an emergency - no brakes or some other problem that would cause them to go off the runway.

hiss srq
2007-05-29, 12:18 PM
Those bones screamed over Long Beach. I was awake and laying in bed and all the sudden I hear an abnormally loud but not so low jet. I jump out my bedroom window onto the roof to see the first bone go by and than I heard the second one comeing so I stayed on the roof for that one.

Gerard
2007-05-29, 06:06 PM
Who were the copters flying in? VIPs? The R44 and the TwinStar
made a number of runs during the show. And the R22 actually went
up with the photog during the show out over the ocean to take
some pix. And the State PD had a Bell 430 parked at an LZ by the
Nikon Theater. THey flew in right before the show started and departed
along the shoreline westbound about 15 minutes after the show finished.

moose135
2007-05-29, 06:16 PM
I heard the copters were flying the airshow pilots down to the beach after their performances to meet the crowd, but can't confirm that.

lijk604
2007-05-29, 06:42 PM
I heard the copters were flying the airshow pilots down to the beach after their performances to meet the crowd, but can't confirm that.

I had my scanner on at FRG, and on one of the trips the tower controller asked who he had with him. The pilots advised they were taking members of the Golden Knights to the beach.

wunaladreamin
2007-05-29, 06:49 PM
Could that goddammed Geico skytyping team have used any more smoke and made the sky any more hazy??

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/221/517743297_f225c91b43.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/239/517743308_4c1eb04712.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/238/517763824_8c8c1f19fb.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/208/520547638_a28ca38447.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/235/520547708_bff3e768d4.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/241/520547768_8f352112f0.jpg

Dan N
2007-05-30, 01:45 PM
After a LONG weekend of jets, warbirds, and beer, here's my small sampling from the last day of the show:

http://danneri.com/2007Airshow/sundayshow/2007%20_DAN7107.jpg

http://danneri.com/2007Airshow/sundayshow/2007%20_DAN7555.jpg

http://danneri.com/2007Airshow/sundayshow/2007%20_DAN7765.jpg

http://danneri.com/2007Airshow/sundayshow/2007%20_DAN8059.jpg

http://danneri.com/2007Airshow/sundayshow/2007%20_DAN8185.jpg

http://danneri.com/2007Airshow/sundayshow/2007%20_DAN8483.jpg

http://danneri.com/2007Airshow/sundayshow/2007%20_DAN8552.jpg

http://danneri.com/2007Airshow/sundayshow/2007%20_DAN8776.jpg

Gerard
2007-05-30, 08:37 PM
>[Could that goddammed Geico skytyping team have used any more smoke and made the sky any more hazy??<

Yeah there were times when I couldnt even see to the west and I was on the shoreline well east of the tower. BTW, my son was hanging out tailgating in Field 4 and he said during one of the B-1 passes EVERY car alarm went off!! LOL!!! Priceless.

Gerard
2007-05-30, 08:39 PM
Oh yeah, thanks for the info on the helo trips. Strange to see the Twinstar 355AG flying without a Wescam on it. :O)

Nick
2007-05-31, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the Pavehawk shots, I was so damn proud watchin our boy's do their work from the beach.

MORS-AB-ALTO
2007-05-31, 02:38 PM
Here's the last batch for me...

I wish I was on the Atlantic Ocean side for the wicked vaps on these B-1 passes!

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/B-1VAPOR.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/B-1BURNERVAP.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/B-1BURNER.jpg

A long way from home

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/ALASKAANGC-130.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/SUPERHORNETLAND.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/SUPERHORNETLANDSIDE.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/teaxanland.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/b-17nose.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/F-86OPENCANOPYLAND.jpg

Spirit of Berlin

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/spiritofberlinland.jpg

Hello to you T-bird #4

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/t-birdwavebeach.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/T-BIRD1TAXI.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/T-BIRD4LAND.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/T-BIRD5PULLUP.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i121/MORSABALTO/REPUBLIC%202007/T-BIRD1PASSBEACH.jpg

AirtrafficController
2007-05-31, 03:23 PM
nice shots, cool to see the f-16 pilot wave at you

Derf
2007-06-04, 12:06 AM
What an incredible day & night at FRG. Spent a large part of the day up in the old tower. Got to see the F-86 launch right in front of us.

http://moose135.smugmug.com/photos/156542144-L.jpg

Hey, You must have been right next to me when you took those shots!!!
http://derf.smugmug.com/photos/159107892-L.jpg

http://derf.smugmug.com/photos/159264192-L.jpg
Oh yea, you were!

Here are a few more.....man I am sure I took at least twice as many pictures....twice more than all of you combined!!!!

http://derf.smugmug.com/photos/159107638-L.jpg

http://derf.smugmug.com/photos/159108003-L.jpg

http://derf.smugmug.com/photos/159108264-L.jpg

http://derf.smugmug.com/photos/159104899-L.jpg

http://derf.smugmug.com/photos/159106241-L.jpg

http://derf.smugmug.com/photos/159106636-L.jpg

http://derf.smugmug.com/photos/159264025-L.jpg

http://derf.smugmug.com/photos/159107058-L.jpg
What a great week......

nikon50bigma
2007-06-04, 03:28 PM
Awesome F-86 shots!
Theres just something about the F-86 on takeoff and climbout that makes it different from every other plane.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z211/nikon50bigma/Jones603.jpg

MORS-AB-ALTO
2007-06-04, 03:44 PM
B-17 and the first 2 A-10 shots are ace Fred. I really love the SNJ smoke shot, there's just something so cool about it.

lijk604
2007-06-04, 05:45 PM
Great stuff Fred, I love the daytime HDR shots of the A-10!

pgengler
2007-06-09, 09:14 PM
I finally got around to finishing up my photos from the weekend:

Day 1 (at the beach)
I wasn't that happy with most of my shots from the beach; most of the aircraft were too far away, and coupled with all the haze, good shots were rare. I ended up leaving around when the T'birds came on to beat the traffic, since so much of my shooting turned out to be a waste of time. (All photos located here (http://photos.pgengler.net/gallery/2007-05-26)).

http://photos.pgengler.net/photos/2007-05-26/scaled/IMG_8949.jpg
http://photos.pgengler.net/photos/2007-05-26/scaled/IMG_9181.jpg
http://photos.pgengler.net/photos/2007-05-26/scaled/IMG_9415.jpg

Day 2 (at Republic)
I had much more success shooting at Republic. Planes were closer, and there was more variety available for shots. (All photos located here (http://photos.pgengler.net/gallery/2007-05-27)).

http://photos.pgengler.net/photos/2007-05-27/scaled/IMG_9621.jpg
http://photos.pgengler.net/photos/2007-05-27/scaled/IMG_9714.jpg
http://photos.pgengler.net/photos/2007-05-27/scaled/IMG_9820.jpg
http://photos.pgengler.net/photos/2007-05-27/scaled/IMG_9970.jpg
http://photos.pgengler.net/photos/2007-05-27/scaled/IMG_0115.jpg
http://photos.pgengler.net/photos/2007-05-27/scaled/IMG_0120.jpg
http://photos.pgengler.net/photos/2007-05-27/scaled/IMG_0186.jpg
http://photos.pgengler.net/photos/2007-05-27/scaled/IMG_0227.jpg

nikon50bigma
2007-06-09, 09:27 PM
Nice shots!
Where did you take that shot of the Golden Knights plane?

pgengler
2007-06-09, 09:32 PM
Nice shots!
Where did you take that shot of the Golden Knights plane?

I was on top of my car, parked along the fence along New Highway, on the east side of 14/32. I started out there, and at noon switched over a spot on the west side of 14/32 to stay in good light. (When the Thunderbirds came back, I took up a spot along the shoulder of 110.)