PDA

View Full Version : T1 Gets Two New Airlines

PhilDernerJr
2007-02-27, 11:37 PM
Not big stories so I thought I'd combine them.

As of March 1, Swiss will be operating at T1 as opposed to T4. Not sure why.

Also, I saw them put up new Air Comet signs at T1, with colors that match their new scheme as seen on the A310 on pics on Anet. I wonder if they are starting new operations there.

Nycfly75
2007-02-27, 11:51 PM
Lufthansa owns Swiss, so its logical they would move there. Im surprised KLM hasnt move to 1 yet since Air France owns them. Some of the airlines in 1 should move to 4, especially the ones that are not in any alliance.

SoPictureThis
2007-02-28, 12:10 AM
I'm flying to Geneva with Swiss on March 8th...I don't know if this terminal change is a good thing or bad thing...

- Josh

Iberia A340-600
2007-02-28, 08:08 AM
Hm very surprised Swiss is moving to Terminal 4 but as mentioned Lufthansa does own them. This means some serious gate crunch time!

Come this summer:

3xdaily Swiss
4xdaily Lufthansa
6xdaily Air France
4xdaily Alitalia
2xdaily Korean Air
2x/3xdaily JAL
1x/2xdaily Aeroflot
1xdaily Royal Air Maroc
1xdaily Austrian
1xdaily Maxjet
2xweekly Air Comet
3xweekly Saudia Arabian

Missing anyone?

Air Plus Comet currently and has operated out of Terminal 1 for the past year or so, before they operated out of Terminal 4. The airline recently rebranded to Air Comet, hence the sign changes.

Nycfly75
2007-02-28, 08:52 AM
Alitalia is 3x for the Summer

AZ 611: Daily to Rome
AZ 605: Daily to Milano
AZ 609: 5x to Rome

You forgot AeroMexico, China Airlines, China Eastern, Air China, Turkish and Olympic.

As Ive said, any carrier at 1 thats not an alliance member should move to 4 and KLM should move to 1 because it is owned by Air France. Although I'm assuming KLM is staying at 4 due to NWA being at 4 as well.

T-Bird76
2007-02-28, 09:38 AM
One of the trends overseas is to move alliance carriers to their own terminal for easy connection between alliance passengers. This is something JFK should look into and something AA should have done when it built it new terminal.

Ari707
2007-02-28, 11:51 AM
Last time I flew Air France from T-1 in Sept. we had to wait over an hour just to push back it was so crowded, I am flying to paris again in weeks I'll let you know how it is this time

Winglets747
2007-02-28, 12:41 PM
When did Saudi move from T2/T3 to T1?

One of the trends overseas is to move alliance carriers to their own terminal for easy connection between alliance passengers. This is something JFK should look into and something AA should have done when it built it new terminal.

True, but perhaps not practical given the layout of airports like JFK and LAX where there are numerous terminals that do not accommodate transfers (compared to say LHR or CDG where there are shuttle buses and separate immigration and security checks).

As for AA, BA has nicely outfitted T7 and would not want to give up that space (especially for the new AA terminal, despite being a nice terminal), so we'll likely see two major oneworld "terminals" for a while. One switch that may make sense would be if JAL moved over to the new AA terminal. But I'm not sure if any of those gates can accommodate a 744, plus JAL has its own lounge at T1 (where I think it was one of the "founding members" per se).

Iberia A340-600
2007-02-28, 01:25 PM
Alitalia is 3x for the Summer

AZ 611: Daily to Rome
AZ 605: Daily to Milano
AZ 609: 5x to Rome

You forgot AeroMexico, China Airlines, China Eastern, Air China, Turkish and Olympic.

As Ive said, any carrier at 1 thats not an alliance member should move to 4 and KLM should move to 1 because it is owned by Air France. Although I'm assuming KLM is staying at 4 due to NWA being at 4 as well.

Woah, my bad can't believe I forgot those.

Alitalia is adding a second daily flight to Rome for the summer on the 767-300 which makes 4xdaily.

Will,

Sometime last year all other airlines operating out of Terminal 3 moved.

Nycfly75
2007-02-28, 04:33 PM
No, its 3x.

Year Round:

AZ 611: Roma (daily)
AZ 605: Milano (daily)

Summer:

AZ 609: Roma (5x week)

All others are codeshares on Delta Metal.[/quote]

Iberia A340-600
2007-02-28, 06:58 PM
No, its 3x.

Year Round:

AZ 611: Roma (daily)
AZ 605: Milano (daily)

Summer:

AZ 609: Roma (5x week)

All others are codeshares on Delta Metal.[/quote]

Whoops my bad, you are absolutely correct. For some reason I was under the impression they had 2xdaily to MXP.

Nonstop2AUH
2007-02-28, 07:16 PM
I assume this move means SWISS will be utilizing the LH lounge at T1, and vacating the one they had at T4. Anyone know what's coming in that space? I was in there a couple of years ago and it was ok but nothing special.

Iberia A340-600
2007-02-28, 07:21 PM
I assume this move means SWISS will be utilizing the LH lounge at T1, and vacating the one they had at T4. Anyone know what's coming in that space? I was in there a couple of years ago and it was ok but nothing special.

Considering most of the Star Alliance carriers at Terminal 4 use the lounge I'm assuming it might just be taken over by Star Alliance. It could also be the space for the new proposed Etihad lounge.