PDA

View Full Version : Has Emirates Swtiched Concourses At Terminal 4?

Iberia A340-600
2007-02-23, 07:12 PM
I was looking at this trip report:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/tr ... ain/95607/ (http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/95607/)

And there is a photo taken from the Virgin Atlantic Club House and it clearly shows the Emirates 777-300ER from Hamburg I'm assuming parked in Concourse B.

I have always seen the Dubai flights park in Concourse A.

Has Emirates switched concourses or does the Hamburg flight go to Concourse B?

Iberia A340-600
2007-02-23, 07:20 PM
I think I just answered my own question.

Since the Emirates flights from Hamburg arrives and departs during the busy European rush in the evening I'm guessing Concourse A is filled with:

KLM Flight to AMS
Air India Flight to LHR
Aer Lingus flight to DUB
Aer Lingus flight to SNN
EOS flight to STN
CSA flight to PRG
Kuwait flight to LHR
Kuwait flight to KWI

Nonstop2AUH
2007-02-23, 07:32 PM
I flew EK to HAM and back in the fall and I know we departed from A (since it's where the EK lounge is) but I seem to recall the return flt (with the lovely lady to the left) arrived at B. Any chance they arrive at B and tow the aircraft over to A later? The schedule allows more than 5 hours to do so as inbound arrives at 530p and outbound doesn't depart until 1115p

PS on a similar note, does anyone know if Etihad is at A or B, and if someone has a long connection time at IAT/T4 but no lounge access, where is a good place to hang out?

Iberia A340-600
2007-02-23, 07:54 PM
I flew EK to HAM and back in the fall and I know we departed from A (since it's where the EK lounge is) but I seem to recall the return flt (with the lovely lady to the left) arrived at B. Any chance they arrive at B and tow the aircraft over to A later? The schedule allows more than 5 hours to do so as inbound arrives at 530p and outbound doesn't depart until 1115p

PS on a similar note, does anyone know if Etihad is at A or B, and if someone has a long connection time at IAT/T4 but no lounge access, where is a good place to hang out?

Thanks for sharing that, I think that might be the case!

About Etihad, as far as I know they use Concourse B. Regarding the connection time I just spend my time at Terminal 4 spotting, it has great views.

PhilDernerJr
2007-02-23, 07:58 PM
Emirates didn't CHANGE concourses, IAT just might assign them to the other concourse for whatever reason (occupied ConcA gates due to delays, etc.). It really doesn't affect Emirates' or anyone's operations when such a change happens. In fact, the baggage belts are under ConcB, and it might make it easier for Emirates reps and Swissport to get bags to the plane then.

Etihad is usually at ConcB.

Nonstop2AUH
2007-02-23, 08:10 PM
I imagine that EK's premium pax would have a strong preference to depart from A because that's where their lounge is, but I guess this is a logistical issue as B seems to have a few more gates, A and B are not the same size.

Thanks guys for the comments re Etihad, my buddy is going to have a long layover arriving on AA from DFW and waiting for AUH flight on EY and I was thinking maybe one of the bars in the landside shopping concourse might be a good place to meet up. If anyone has firsthand experience with the landside T4 F&B outlets (particularly on the, um, beverage side) do let me know...

PhilDernerJr
2007-02-24, 06:04 PM
The pre-security places at t4 are pretty good. There are two options. One, I forget the name, which is over before the ConcA side, seems ok. It's more along the lines of just a bar, and looks kinda trendy (which isn'tmy style).

The other end, near security of ConcB, is the Sam Adams place. Great burger and a nice place to hang, I highly recommend it.

However, if you say that you are meeting your friend for Etihad, keep in mind that these places in T4 close at 11pm, and Etihad uusally operates later than that, unless his AA flight comes in earlier.

Nonstop2AUH
2007-02-25, 04:32 PM
Thanks Phil, yeah, he has a few hours to kill but not enough to leave the airport so it sounds like Sam Adams is the best option.

Nonstop2AUH
2007-03-04, 02:32 AM
PS I was out at T4 today to meet my friend inbound from AUH on the Etihad (he kept saying it was a "big Airbus something") and the trendy place Phil mentioned must be (Warning: cutesey name alert) Bar Avion. But it's not so trendy, and as you say, Sam Adams is at the other end.