PDA

View Full Version : Some things that tick screeners off (A Rant)

T-Bird76
2007-02-23, 05:31 PM
I was doing some screening today and I swear today's batch of photos in the que was the worst I've ever seen. I mean it’s not even like these pics were ok they were just terrible. I came up with my top ten list of things that tick off the screeners so take notice! :wink:

10. Dark pictures. Folks when you have low level clouds and no sun GO HOME!! Also if you are going to take a night shot try using a dam tripod with a long exposure. I swear it’s like people leave their lens cap on.

9. Trucks Trucks and more Trucks... I'm going to start a website called Truckphotos.net because I've seen some nice pictures of fuel trucks, lav trucks, baggage loaders, catering trucks, and somewhere behind those trucks is a plane.

8. Backlit, please do me a favor and stare directly into the sun for me and let me know how your eyes feel. Because it hurts my eyes to look at these pictures.

7. Lego’s. I never knew Lego made planes. For the love of god people DO NOT USE DIGITAL ZOOMS!!!

6. Easyjet Easyjet Easyjet and Easyjet. Here's the deal boys no one wants to see the same airline from the same angle in the same position in the same light over and over and over again. Just because you have a million pictures online doesn't make you special. Be creative for god’s sake and mix things up.

5. Manipulation. If you’re going to use Photoshop try to be a bit less obvious. Qatar does not currently operate the A380 to LA :roll: :roll:

4. Blurry pictures, anyone who uploads another blurry picture can call Mirrode; he is fine eye doctor and can help you see clearly.

3. Categories, if you can't seem to check cargo, I'm not doing it for you anymore...REJECTED!

2. Uneven horizons. I've developed a nice case of whiplash and a pinched nerve in my neck from contorting my head to look at some of these masterpieces.

1. Cell phone cameras...... enough said....

Sorry had to add this one, WING SHOTS ARE FREAKING BORING!

nwafan20
2007-02-23, 06:08 PM
I agree, some people need to learn not to upload crappy pictures, although I am guilty of number 10!

Did someone seriously try to submit a photo of a Qatar A380???

jran225
2007-02-23, 06:44 PM
HAHAHA - You've made my day Tommy! :D :D

Greets,
-Omar S.

Mellyrose
2007-02-23, 09:37 PM
That was great!!!! :lol:

NIKV69
2007-02-23, 10:36 PM
10. Dark pictures. Folks when you have low level clouds and no sun GO HOME!! Also if you are going to take a night shot try using a dam tripod with a long exposure. I swear it’s like people leave their lens cap on.

LOL this has to be the most common mistake. Yet you see people shoot in bad conditions all the time.

9. Trucks Trucks and more Trucks... I'm going to start a website called Truckphotos.net because I've seen some nice pictures of fuel trucks, lav trucks, baggage loaders, catering trucks, and somewhere behind those trucks is a plane.

I want to see this site!

Easyjet Easyjet Easyjet and Easyjet

That C/S get old fast I would rather look at WN all day.

Cell phone cameras

Too funny! a new rejection reason badcamera!

madcatimages
2007-02-23, 11:04 PM
Amen! I agree 100%. lol
I have uploaded spme pics that got rejected but not for any of those reasons. I got the quality reject, but I make sure I never upload any photos that will just waste the screeners time. (like cell phone pics, blurry)

What do you mean wing shots? Looking out the window wing shot? I like those. You dont get to see the plane, but you get to see some nice sunsets. ;)

T-Bird76
2007-02-23, 11:06 PM
Amen! I agree 100%. lol
I have uploaded spme pics that got rejected but not for any of those reasons. I got the quality reject, but I make sure I never upload any photos that will just waste the screeners time. (like cell phone pics, blurry)

What do you mean wing shots? Looking out the window wing shot? I like those. You dont get to see the plane, but you get to see some nice sunsets. ;)

If i have to look at another winglet I'm going to impale one to my forehead, lol :wink:

moose135
2007-02-23, 11:20 PM
If i have to look at another winglet I'm going to impale one to my forehead, lol :wink:

Oh My God...Winglets :D

Mellyrose
2007-02-23, 11:29 PM
What Tommy? WINGLETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iberia A340-600
2007-02-23, 11:47 PM

Care to stick this one on your head Tommy? :wink:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=1331225

Midnight Mike
2007-02-25, 11:20 AM
I hate Screeners & everything they have to say :wink: :roll: