PDA

View Full Version : I wish the merger went through after last nights trip!

hiss srq
2007-02-14, 06:52 PM
The last trip to MCO was quite an event for me. I was on the 0600 to DCA monday and than on an a321 to MCO at least that was the plan but the FMC went cokoo on it so they took a long delay and me and Alexa would not have seats togetherso we jumped on an A-319 down to MCO and got in about the same time as the 321 did. We rented a Dodge Crossfire and off we went to Disney to meet up with a buddy. We got there and I was feeling pretty good considering the day before I left work with severe headaches nausia and vomit. I got outo f the car at Downtown Disney and here we go again. I nearly blacked out on the spot. I spent a little while in the car resting till it went away and we went into Downtown Disney. Great place by far. It has been years for me. Later that night I had a similar episode and we left to go have dinner. After dinner we went home for the night and relaxxed. The next morning I was watching the weather intently as we left for MGM. We spent the morning at MGM and than I had to go back to the airport as I needed to get out that day for work today. I got to MCO checked in and all was looking good. Suddenly everything fell apart. DCA, PIT, PHL and the other PIT canceled within twenty minutes of each other. I was taking the DCA run myself. I grabbed a computer and began the hunt for flights. I wanted LGA but JFK or EWR at that point would work for me. The agent for the DCA flight came over and asked me at that point if I wanted to jumpseat on a 737-400 that was going to repo to PBI to make another leg up because the PBI -LGA was still going to go. I decided to go for this at which point Idle called me and told me the DL MCO-LGA was looking good. After kicking it around a little I elected that I would go for the Delta or JetBlue flights to get home. As soon as I mnade that move LGA and the earlier JFK canceled though. OUCH! I hustled over to JetBlue and gave them a shot. Their agents were the nastiest agents I have ever met and people say NY airports are bad. Alas my final option is Delta 1226 a 737-800 to JFK so I relented and dropped the 50 dollars to fly them first class. Shortly after Justin met me over by the Comair ramp for a few minutes at which point I had another episode though not as bad I really would have like to find a bed at that moment. I kept watching the FID all night as the departure grew closer and sure enough I made it. We took off out of MCO at 20:36 with me in 1A on a gorgeous 737-800. I am purely amazed at the quality of service etc that Delta provides not to mention that unfortuneately their domestic first product is probably nearing the quality of my airlines international service. I really enjoyed the flight. Mile High Mojitos all the way to NY and a great light show through the flight down below. I was seated next to a Comair F/O fresh out of the Navy on E2's also which made it more enjoyable. We landed on time at JFK and I was home in bed by midnight. What a trip it was. Kudos to Delta Airlines! Thanks Justin!

cancidas
2007-02-14, 07:39 PM
at least you got home... these kind of trips are annoying as hell but once you start pushing off the gate it's the best feeling in the world!

T-Bird76
2007-02-14, 09:58 PM
OMG HISS.....There's something called paragraphs!!!

moose135
2007-02-14, 10:14 PM
OMG HISS.....There's something called paragraphs!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Alex T
2007-02-14, 10:18 PM
Good report but what would the marger have had to do with this?

Alex

LGA777
2007-02-15, 12:32 AM
Hiss, after all these near blackouts perhaps you should consider seeing a Doctor !

LGA777

dlx737200
2007-02-15, 01:20 AM
Hiss, after all these near blackouts perhaps you should consider seeing a Doctor !

LGA777

Ditto on that.

You're welcome Ryan. I'm glad I could be of assistance. Now when does this lifetime free travel on US begin that you promised me if I got you home that night? Haha

-Justin

Tom_Turner
2007-02-15, 02:35 AM

LGA777

That would be advisable to say the least....

hiss srq
2007-02-15, 04:56 AM
Good report but what would the marger have had to do with this?

Alex

Freee flying on Delta unlimited .

And the doctor thing, it is in the works.

Matt Molnar
2007-02-15, 02:49 PM
Mile High Mojitos all the way to NY...
Like real made-from-scratch mojitos?

hiss srq
2007-02-15, 06:05 PM
nah like Delta flight attendant made ones.