Alex T
2007-02-09, 03:47 AM
Confirmed.

Look for more news in the future.

Alex

moose135
2007-02-09, 08:21 PM
Got an e-mail from them a short time ago (I'm a RR member) that said in part:

Service is scheduled to start this fall, so stay tuned for more details in the coming months..

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-02-16, 03:33 PM
I think when it comes to destinations served by SWA, the airline itself is sort of a hypocrite when they say they devote themselves to smaller, secondary airports. Especially when they go ahead and serve LAX, SFO, IAD and other airports like that.

nwafan20
2007-02-16, 03:55 PM
They were at smaller airports when they were a small, young airline. They are growing to be a huge airline, therefore they need to serve larger airports where people want to go.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-02-16, 04:02 PM
Then they can go to Boston (instead of PVD and MHT) and JFK. Then they can go to Miami and they also didn't need to make a huge deal about Love Field (although the law was dumb) and just go to DFW. They have mixed themselves up. Southwest should stick to its goal. Serve the smaller airports in order to provide low fares. SFO won't work. LAX is WAY too big. Even MCO (they should have gone to Sanford) is kinda big for SWA. I think Southwest needs to change big time or stop their service at the large airports.

Matt Molnar
2007-02-16, 04:04 PM
Service will be between SFO and ...?

nwafan20
2007-02-16, 04:05 PM
They try not to go to giant hubs (especially after competing with NW at DTW, they said they will never battle NW again!, WN would post a $49 fare, NW would drop that to $45, WN would go to $39, NW would match)

I think WN knows what they are doing, they don't need advice on where to go, they have things handled.

JetBlueAirwaysFan
2007-02-16, 04:46 PM
Except they still fly to DTW.

Alex T
2007-02-16, 07:12 PM
I think when it comes to destinations served by SWA, the airline itself is sort of a hypocrite when they say they devote themselves to smaller, secondary airports. Especially when they go ahead and serve LAX, SFO, IAD and other airports like that.

You are forgetting WN previously served SFO for mny years before pulling out due to massive delays.

and WN HAS served all of the secondary airports when possible.

WN is focused in trying to provide quick turn arounds and low cost service at airports which generally is found at secondary airports. But if they can make short turn arounds work at the larger airport they will do, like you see at many of the major airports, such as PH, LAX, STL, MCO...

Then they can go to Boston (instead of PVD and MHT) and JFK. Then they can go to Miami and they also didn't need to make a huge deal about Love Field (although the law was dumb) and just go to DFW. They have mixed themselves up. Southwest should stick to its goal. Serve the smaller airports in order to provide low fares. SFO won't work. LAX is WAY too big. Even MCO (they should have gone to Sanford) is kinda big for SWA. I think Southwest needs to change big time or stop their service at the large airports.

They made a deal about Love Field because of the "stupid law" so you claim. If it wasn't stupid, then a big deal would not have been made.

if LAX is way to big then why is WN STILL there?

Really, I love to see how your providing all the ground work for WN and what they should be, but it will not make them money. Why serve big airports if they cannot make money doing so.

Only big change you will see for now is adding more planes, and adding routes and such to the current airports.

To stop service at the big airports would be cutting their service n HALF, you are talking quite a bit of airports for them to just leave from.

Won't happen.

Alex

nwafan20
2007-02-16, 09:18 PM
Except they still fly to DTW.

Because they already put a lot into DTW, growing a customer base with extremely cheap fares, they couldn't afford to back out. Plus, NW backed off when they noticed WN wasn't leaving.

T-Bird76
2007-02-16, 11:10 PM

Wow your totally clueless dude... LAX is a gold mine for WN and contray to popular belief LGB is not the favorable airport that B6 proclaims it is. WN is MCO's largest carrier in terms of flights per day and market share. WN served SFO for 20 years before pulling out. You think WN needs to stop their service to large airports? What logical explanation do you have for your seemingly unintelligent statement? Go take economics 101, you'll learn that companies change their business plans in order to maximize revenue growth. People said they were dumb to code share with ATA, its a smash success for both carriers. WN must be doing something right they made a few hundred million more then B6 did last year.