PDA

View Full Version : Express Jet, what the hell?

Midnight Mike
2007-02-05, 08:53 AM
What the hell is up Express Jet? They issued a press release for every route that they operate, my goodness, that is tacky...

http://biz.yahoo.com/n/y/y0002.html

T-Bird76
2007-02-05, 09:54 AM
Well as we saw with Fly I, no way can an airline using RJs make it. RJ's are very expensive to fly and with no connecting service this isn't going to work.

uplander
2007-02-05, 01:33 PM
no way can an airline using RJs make it

Yeah, but these are ERJ's. Not sure that will make a difference though. But I hope they last--we need them at YOW to provide competition. Plus, I like the look of them.

T-Bird76
2007-02-05, 02:12 PM
no way can an airline using RJs make it

Yeah, but these are ERJ's. Not sure that will make a difference though. But I hope they last--we need them at YOW to provide competition. Plus, I like the look of them.

No real difference between the CRJ and the ERJ as far as operating costs. Express jet would be better off parking them.

Matt Molnar
2007-02-05, 02:15 PM
What the hell is up Express Jet? They issued a press release for every route that they operate, my goodness, that is tacky...
It's sorta annoying, but given the way the search engines, RSS feeds, newswires and all that stuff works, issuing a separate release for each city helps ensure that news editors in each relevant city will see it. For example, a release saying "ExpressJet Launches Service Under Its Own Brand At KCI" is a lot more likely to be noticed and picked up by the Kansas City Star (http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/) than "ExpressJet Launches Service Under Its Own Brand In 24 Cities." Writing out each city rather than just the airport codes would have helped more.

nwafan20
2007-02-05, 02:15 PM
But unlike FlyI, Express Jet is operating out of smaller cities nonstop. I don't know if it will work, but it is different than FlyI's approach.

USAF Pilot 07
2007-02-06, 12:08 AM
Sounds like they are starting non-stop service from COS to 3 California cities... Made the news here tonight, and has a good shot of actually being pretty successful, if fares can stay competitive with those out of DEN.