PDA

View Full Version : AA Story on CBS News Tonight (Feb. 1)

mirrodie
2007-02-01, 11:47 AM
I assume this will air at 6:30 PM in New York.

The Tulsa Base and M&E will be featured on the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric, Thursday, February 1 at 5:30 PM Central Time.

The story line shows how AA is working with its employees to keep its maintenance in house, securing third-party work and taking a different path than other airlines. Bill Whitaker, CBS news reporter, toured the Tulsa Base on Monday, January 29, and interviewed Carmine Romano, Dennis Burchette and several employees.
goals.

moose135
2007-02-01, 12:23 PM
Could have saved trouble of sending a reporter and film crew out and simply taken highlights from the CNBC show from a couple of months ago :wink:

RDU-JFK
2007-02-01, 12:26 PM
As far as using CNBC's footage:

CBS: NBC:: Pan Am: TWA

(throwback to SAT analogies!)

moose135
2007-02-01, 01:06 PM
As far as using CNBC's footage:

CBS: NBC:: Pan Am: TWA

(throwback to SAT analogies!)

I know that, I was being a wise-ass :wink:

RDU-JFK
2007-02-01, 01:48 PM
Me too :wink:

T-Bird76
2007-02-01, 01:48 PM
Could have saved trouble of sending a reporter and film crew out and simply taken highlights from the CNBC show from a couple of months ago :wink:

Agreed, CNBC already did this, I guess CBS can't come up with its own stories...

mirrodie
2007-02-01, 03:42 PM
Oh but they have come up with a story. "....its maintenance in house, securing third-party work and taking a different path than other airlines..."

They turned down a story to cover Southwest. Low fares are all too common these days ;)

Nonstop2AUH
2007-02-01, 04:14 PM
It's nice to see an airline that doesn't have to outsource its maintenance to El Salvador in order to be profitable.

Winglets747
2007-02-02, 02:58 PM
The Tulsa Base and M&E will be featured on the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric, Thursday, February 1 at 5:30 PM Central Time.

The story line shows how AA is working with its employees to keep its maintenance in house, securing third-party work and taking a different path than other airlines. Bill Whitaker, CBS news reporter, toured the Tulsa Base on Monday, January 29, and interviewed Carmine Romano, Dennis Burchette and several employees.
goals.

Well, better this than that video of mice in the AA 767.