PDA

View Full Version : FLL area?

MarkLawrence
2007-01-17, 10:36 PM
Anyone in the FLL area? I've just taken a new job in Hollywood and, as it's fairly close to the airport, was wondering if there are any spots west of I-95 on the approach to runway 9L that I could hop up to at lunch time?

kc2aqg
2007-01-22, 01:27 PM
Mark-

I don't know of any spots on the approach path, but I do know of one on airport property right at the approach end of 9L. If you turn off of US1 onto another street (forget the name, but a little ways on US1 past the passenger terminals) and into the airport boundary road, (on the opposite of 9R from the passenger terminals/roadways), follow the road all the way around past where the old rental car facilities used to be. There will be a right turn past the road that leads to the General Aviation facilities. There is a small parking lot on your right that you can park at right next to the threshold. There was a speaker blasting the live tower chatter which is really cool, and security comes by and bothers nobody! Definitely a great place to spot from.

Sorry if the directions seem a little confusing, but about 5 minutes of driving around should find you this spot. It is before you cross on the road behind the threshold of 9L. Let me know if you find it and how you like it!