PDA

View Full Version : Trip to FLL

HLF_B737-8K5
2007-01-15, 09:30 AM
Dear all,

first of all I will introduce myself : I'm 26 old and coming from Hannover/Germany (HAJ).
I Plan a trip to NYC end of January of with beginning february. I will spend 3 days in NYC for spotting and 2 days for sightseeing;o)
I got a very nice offer from AA;DL and CO for a day trip to FLL and so I need some infos about the spotting oppertunitys there. I prefer spotting points within walking distance. I've heard about the parkingroof where I have a view towards the norther runway. My question is if anybody know a forum,website or else especially for the MIA/FLL area.
Now its time to say thank you in advance for your help. Hope to see somebody when I spend the days at LGA and JFK :wink:

rgds...

JZ1
2007-01-15, 10:36 PM
Hi, I suppose you are asking where is the best place for spotting in FLL. I was in FLL a month ago waiting for my DL flight. The waiting area faces RWY 9L/27R, which is the mostly frequently used runway. You can get good take off, landing and taxi shots from there. One word of cautions is that the glass is full of dirty spots, so you have to carefully point your lens away from these. I was there shooting for 2 hours and nobody bothered me.

You can see my photos here:
http://nycaviation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4375

Have fun in FLL