PDA

View Full Version : Getting to LGA from New Jersey

flyboy 28
2007-01-11, 11:59 PM
So, hopefully maybe this weekend I'll be able to get out to LGA to do some spotting. Finally. Anyone have directions on how to get there from Rt. 78, headed east? My Google Earth isn't working properly, so I can't use that. :oops: Any help is appreciated so I can finally get some "big" birds. :lol:

-James

Mateo
2007-01-12, 12:26 AM
From 78, take it over the Goethals, over the Verrazano and up the BQE (278 East). You'll want the lower level of the Verrazano on the way there (keep to the right after the toll plaza). Once you're on the BQE, you'll see signs pointing you to LaGuardia via the Grand Central Parkway. Follow the directions that are on the LGA map on this site once you determine if you're going to Planeview, the Marina, etc.

Of course, from central NJ, I make a stop at Newark, head up for a few rounds at Teterboro, and then take 46E/GWB/Deegan/Triborough/Grand Central to get to LaGuardia.

T-Bird76
2007-01-12, 12:37 AM
Dude check the weather, this weekend its going to be cloudy and rainy. Not worth the trip at all. Wait until its sunny.

flyboy 28
2007-01-12, 01:33 PM
Of course, from central NJ, I make a stop at Newark, head up for a few rounds at Teterboro, and then take 46E/GWB/Deegan/Triborough/Grand Central to get to LaGuardia.

Where do you stop at EWR? I've only been spotting there once, at Ikea, and I was shooed away by the mall police within fifteen minutes. Plus it was late afternoon and I couldn't get any good shots anyway, shooting straight into the setting sun. If I could have been there a few minutes longer, it'd may have been good.. didn't get many shots to begin with though. :P Thanks for the directions, also. :)

Tom, yeah I remembered that the weather was going to be bad just as I was headed to bed. I guess Sunday would be the best bet. :) I'm also heading down to PHL on Monday to pick my girlfriend up from the airport.

Thanks both. :)

-James

Mateo
2007-01-12, 06:52 PM
Well, I'm not shooting at EWR, so I can't really help you out with photo spots. We all know how the Port feels about us, so it's mostly hitting and running amongst the various lots in the north area and a quick scan from the roof of the P4 garage. I've had luck discreetly reading from the landside of one of the terminals, although I know a board member has shot there (albeit through glass) with some success.