PDA

View Full Version : Pair of 737s at FRG...

moose135
2007-01-10, 03:39 PM
...and I missed them both :(

FlightAware shows that a Miami Air -400 came in last night, and was scheduled to depart at 14:30 (that's right about now), looks to be taking the Islanders to their game in Boston tomorrow night. Also, a -700 arrived around Noon today, and is also scheduled off at 14:30. And me, stuck in the office all afternoon. I swear, I need to hit the lottery so I can spend all my time out spotting :!:

moose135
2007-01-11, 10:02 AM
Well, the 737 that wasn't taking the Islanders to Boston brought Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga in to interview the Jets Brian Schottenheimer for the head coach position in Miami...

The Dolphins spoke with Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer about their vacant head-coaching position yesterday, the first of what could be many nibbles at the son of Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer, who is an up-and-comer in the eyes of many NFL insiders.

Shortly after the private 737 owned by Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga spent the morning at Newark Airport, where the Dolphins spoke with Giants defensive coordinator Tim Lewis, the plane flew to Farmingdale's Republic Airport for an on-board, tarmac-bound meeting with Schottenheimer, according to a Dolphins official who requested anonymity.

According to flight reports, Huizenga's plane was at Republic for approximately 2 1/2 hours before flying to Detroit and a meeting with Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz. Over the weekend, the plane also went to Costa Rica, where USC coach Pete Carroll was vacationing.