PDA

View Full Version : Could this girl like me? advice please!!!

N790SW
2007-01-05, 12:24 AM
Hey guys:

Even though this was back in August, and I still talk to this girl even today, this is one situation that I think would be quite awsome to post on here.

My friend told me that this girl that i like saw a plane fly by at night and she told me that they were able to see the colors of the plane and it was gold,white and red, and my friend told me that this girl I like said that " Thats a Southwest" at night!!!!and I would like to know if theres a possibility that she may like me, because she did get into planes with me and her favorite Southwest plane is Shamu and she even looks at all the a-net shots with me soo is there a possiblity here, because you have to admit- I must have done something right for her to ID' a Southwest plane when it was pitch black outside, and the plane was landing too, which made it somewhat low.

Thanks for the feedback and I anticipate looking at all the responses,

ESPCIALLY PHILL AND MELL!!!!! because I am sure he did something right for that to happen lol. All others of course too.!!!

This girls name is christina btw

SCOTYDEMCO
2007-01-05, 12:47 AM
Bobby, ask Cristina out. Find out what kind of food she likes. Make some dinner reservations, and give it a whirl!!! Good luck man.

NIKV69
2007-01-05, 12:51 AM
Sounds like she must have some interest in you if she is looking at anet shots with you, though for a teenage girl that is a little weird. I think the next step is to close the deal and ask her to go out on a date. If she says yes and you are too young to drive Tommy can be rented as your chauffeur and he will drive you around in his Altima for a small fee.

Mellyrose
2007-01-05, 12:54 AM
Yeah, Phil....how DID you pull that one off? I'd like to know.

Alex T
2007-01-05, 02:40 AM
Yeah, Phil....how DID you pull that one off? I'd like to know.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*falls off bed laughing*

Why Mel, did Phil do somethin you didn't notice? hehe

Spenidng to much time on the Mac? ;)

God knows I am...

Alex

PhilDernerJr
2007-01-05, 02:50 AM
Mel, you know exaclty what I did. I followed my lawyer's advice and removed the restraining order against you in hopes that the reverse psychology would prevent you from stalking me. :-p

Bobby, you've asked advice about this girl before. You've been thinking about making a move on this girl for how long now? If you haven't yet, you probably never will. Grow a pair!!

RDU-JFK
2007-01-05, 09:58 AM
I agree with the others--ask her out. And you don't have to start with going to a fancy restaurant, just start small, casual and slow, like grabbing coffee or something. You can even front it by taking her spotting sometime. The more time you spend with her in a casual atmosphere the more you both will find out about each other. From there you'll know more. But it all starts with the confidence to make the move.

I speak for the others here that are in relationships in that we've all asked a bunch of people out and lived to tell about it! Good luck!

T-Bird76
2007-01-05, 10:18 AM
You want my advice? There is no girl! Like Alex you are attracted to N414WN. I can understand, Alex had this thing for a WN Kiosk at STL. You two have head issues! LOLOLOLOLOLOL Either ask her out or buy a new bottle of Jergens!

mirrodie
2007-01-05, 02:15 PM
dude, when in doubt, whip it out, that's what Nik always says.

That said, dude, perhaps you are showing her too much of your/our geek side?

Ask her out, go to a movie, DO NOT TAKE HER PLANE SPOTTING, hit the mall ( don't know how old you are), Go do mini golf.
Have fun.

Keep us abreast,

cheers.

NIKV69
2007-01-05, 02:27 PM
dude, when in doubt, whip it out, that's what Nik always says.

Bobby wait until at least the second date, maybe third date for that. Mario gets "whip it out" in his head every time he is at a beach and planes are coming in overhead.

That said, dude, perhaps you are showing her too much of your/our geek side?

Good point, remember Bobby that planes are great but there is a tiime to leave them in the camera and talk about other things.

Ask her out, go to a movie, DO NOT TAKE HER PLANE SPOTTING, hit the mall ( don't know how old you are), Go do mini golf.
Have fun.

More good advice. Movie is a good idea with treating her to a nice dinner afterwards.

Keep us abreast,

Yes please keep us posted.

hiss srq
2007-01-05, 03:09 PM
You want my advice? There is no girl! Like Alex you are attracted to N414WN. I can understand, Alex had this thing for a WN Kiosk at STL. You two have head issues! LOLOLOLOLOLOL Either ask her out or buy a new bottle of Jergens!

Ahahahahaahahaahahahaahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaa hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Dude go for it Bobby just ask her out. Heck offer to take her up flyiing. Take her on an introductory flight. Trust me take a chick flying on the first date and it is hook line sinker....

N790SW
2007-01-05, 03:29 PM
[quote]Bobby, you've asked advice about this girl before. You've been thinking about making a move on this girl for how long now? If you haven't yet, you probably never will. Grow a pair!![quote]

This time its diffrent because the first time I was like just meeting her, damm Phil I cant believe you remeber that far back, =O but that was before all of this, Hey if you guys have mode advice I am all for it.

Hey Phil one more thing- if i ask her out and take her spotting, can I borrow your camera :wink: 8)

Mellyrose
2007-01-05, 03:44 PM
Bobby, it took Phil 3 months for him to let me touch his camera....I have a feeling you're outta luck ;)

Matt Molnar
2007-01-05, 03:50 PM
Bobby, it took Phil 3 months for him to let me touch his camera....

Wise man. Women shouldn't be trusted with equipment any more sensitive than a vacuum.

Mellyrose
2007-01-05, 03:51 PM
Matt....please remember for your own sake that you only work about a mile from me and I can easily kick your ass.

Thanks. :twisted:

N790SW
2007-01-05, 04:00 PM
soo If i get far with christina - I should never let her use my camera =P great advice =P

hiss srq
2007-01-05, 04:01 PM
Nope jus the dust buster, vaccum, and stove..... :) JK JK put away the flame thrower Mel

N790SW
2007-01-05, 04:21 PM
Imagine if Christina started posting on here =P I wonder how long that took you Mel lol =P

Mellyrose
2007-01-05, 04:22 PM
Nope jus the dust buster, vaccum, and stove..... :) JK JK put away the flame thrower Mel

Watch it, buster....you wanna challenge me to see who holds the camera better? :x :wink:

Mellyrose
2007-01-05, 04:27 PM
Imagine if Christina started posting on here =P I wonder how long that took you Mel lol =P

Actually I only starting posting on here once it was relevent to me (i.e. Once I began realizing my passion for aviation, which was last January :))

Matt Molnar
2007-01-05, 04:27 PM
I don't know that Phil would approve of this camera touching contest.

nwafan20
2007-01-05, 04:29 PM
Yeah, just ask her out, and like Phil said "Grow a pair".

You can't be afraid to ask her out, even if you don't think she likes you. You need to learn to take bold moves or you will end up alone, with the only thing to comfort you being Phils camera that you stole! :lol:

N790SW
2007-01-05, 04:58 PM
hahaah if I stole Phils camera Phil would kick my ass soo far up I can be the first man on Mars. I can use his camera for aviation photography there =P and Christina would be alone lol =.../

Art at ISP
2007-01-05, 05:10 PM
Bobby, it took Phil 3 months for him to let me touch his camera....I have a feeling you're outta luck ;)

Mel, I thought it was his zoom lens he made you wait 3 months to touch ;)

PS Happy New Year all.......

Mario, did you really tell him to keep you aBREAST?

T-Bird76
2007-01-05, 05:11 PM

Mel, I thought it was his zoom lens he made you wait 3 months to touch ;)

PS Happy New Year all.......

Mario, did you really tell him to keep you aBREAST?

You talking about the 10mm Art?

Art at ISP
2007-01-05, 05:24 PM
Tommy,

Yeah but I heard if you rub it it gets bigger.

;) OK enough--back to the topic at hand.....

T-Bird76
2007-01-05, 05:27 PM
Tommy,

Yeah but I heard if you rub it it gets bigger.

;) OK enough--back to the topic at hand.....

Well only to 20mm, LOLOLOLOL

nwafan20
2007-01-05, 05:53 PM
Man, NYCA is full of dirty people! LOL!

Mellyrose
2007-01-05, 06:05 PM
You know as soon as I hit "submit" I had this feeling of regret. I was just reminded why.

Let's clean it up people! ;)

PhilDernerJr
2007-01-05, 06:06 PM
Notice how all of the people engaging in the innuendo are over 30 years old. haha

Still, many of you guys are overestimating me. :-p

nwafan20
2007-01-05, 06:27 PM
OVERestimating, hmm... Phil, does Mel know about this lack of "zoom"?

Art at ISP
2007-01-05, 06:29 PM
Phil,

If you have a zoom problem, just buy a Mazda ;)

Hope you and Mel are doing well--hope to see you again soon.

Mellyrose
2007-01-05, 06:44 PM
It's actually his 100-400IS that attracted me to him in the first place.....so there. 0:-)

nwafan20
2007-01-05, 06:49 PM
Ohh, IS eh? ;)

mirrodie
2007-01-05, 06:55 PM
What a bunch of innuendo laced non-sense. What a disgrace.

IS= infinitessimally small

You guys keep talking about Canon, but doesn't Nik have a macro lens....its not a 10mm, that was that again, Nik, a quarter inch killer, you called it? Ah, yes, the Nikkor QIK lens.

This is how big Nik's lens is

N790SW
2007-01-05, 07:06 PM
Sooo ummm back to me and christina and my crappy camera lol, umm before any of this happens could my fellow NYC aviation friends wish me good luck =] and lets not under estimate Phil, cuz I am sure his zoom is fine.

..............or is it?

nwafan20
2007-01-05, 07:55 PM
... You KNOW how big Phils zoom is?? :shock: This is turning into http://www.nycGAYviation.com lol Just kidding!

Mellyrose
2007-01-05, 07:56 PM
Let's take wagers on how many people will try and click that link! I'm in for $50.

nwafan20
2007-01-05, 07:58 PM
I say 80% of the people, I will bet $200.

Mellyrose
2007-01-05, 08:01 PM
...and even after preemptive ridicule already started by us, I am having visions of NYCA members clicking that link (most of the in them "over 30" crowd ;))

Matt Molnar
2007-01-05, 08:05 PM
There hasn't been this much conversation about Phil's junk since he departed Rikers.

Mellyrose
2007-01-05, 08:19 PM
Sooo ummm back to me and christina and my crappy camera lol, umm before any of this happens could my fellow NYC aviation friends wish me good luck =]

Bobby....in case you can't find it, since it's a bit old....we gave you some really good advice back in June: http://nycaviation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2654 :)

PhilDernerJr
2007-01-05, 08:23 PM
I'm glad Mel found the thread. Honestly, Bobby, you can't expect us to keep putting forth effort to give you advice over and over if you're not going to follow it anyway.

N790SW
2007-01-05, 08:42 PM
Bobby....in case you can't find it, since it's a bit old....we gave you some really good advice back in June: http://nycaviation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2654 Smile

I'm glad Mel found the thread. Honestly, Bobby, you can't expect us to keep putting forth effort to give you advice over and over if you're not going to follow it anyway.

I thank you for that - its just i dont know if things changed from then till know but then agian Mel is not Christina lol and the stuff i am saying to her and everyone else is stuff she should be hearing lol.

I also do this in a way because it gives the rest of the people on here to get to know me better- isnt that what the galley is for, Everyone knows the effort means alot to me and I thank you all for that, who knows I even said this before she maybe posting on here oneday lol =P

Mellyrose
2007-01-05, 10:12 PM
Wait a second....I'm not Christina?!?!? All this time I thought.... :roll::wink:

Also Bobby, you haven't really taken any steps forward since the last time, so we can't give you new advice, you know?

N790SW
2007-01-05, 10:56 PM
Also Bobby, you haven't really taken any steps forward since the last time, so we can't give you new advice, you know?

I am alkso kinda shy , but as someone said before - ask her out even if you think she doesnt like you.

I also did take a few steps. I have been there for her many times, I have shown her that I am a good friend and idk a part of me wants to be sure that its the fact, but its a risk I am gunna take. I mean to any girl on this site - if a guy is there for you, even if your sad, it has to mean something? right?

Mellyrose
2007-01-05, 11:10 PM
Bobby....I can give you one golden piece of advice: No girl likes a guy who needs constant reassurance. Seriously, **** or get off the pot. ;)

N790SW
2007-01-05, 11:14 PM
rofl thank you mel that one will stay with me for the rest of my life =P

NIKV69
2007-01-06, 12:27 AM
Ok Bobby here is an analogy you should understand. Imagine for a second that you are granted ramp access at ISP and you'll allowed to go up to any WN aircraft and touch it, shoot it anything you want. Then imagine Shamu and Slam Dunk one come in back to back and park right next to each other. What you would do?! Pretend this girl is shamu and get the fricken job done and stop posting in this thread! If you wait any longer Alex from Illinois is going to be working for WN and ask her out on a stopover when he is in town!

Alex T
2007-01-06, 12:45 AM
If you wait any longer Alex from Illinois is going to be working for WN and ask her out on a stopover when he is in town!

That is soo true Nik!

:shock:

Plus I am due to have an interview soon so I could possibly just beat Bobby to that!

Alex

N790SW
2007-01-06, 01:46 AM
hey Alex doesnt have dibbs on N753SW now doesnt he :lol:

N790SW
2007-01-06, 01:48 AM
Pretend this girl is shamu

Thats her favorite WN plane 8)

yaas
2007-01-06, 04:28 AM
Wise man. Women shouldn't be trusted with equipment any more sensitive than a vacuum.hey! lol

T-Bird76
2007-01-06, 10:40 AM
Well yes we have it folks and the year isn't even a week old. I present you with NYCA.com worst thread for 2007. Bobby all the time you've taken up asking "should I do this or that." You could have freaking asked her out and got your answer! Worst thread of the year! Yep we're starting out on a good note.

NIKV69
2007-01-06, 12:46 PM
I present you with NYCA.com worst thread for 2007

I agree and I am surprised the mods let it go this long. Very Low quality.

No offense Bobby but in the time you have been lollygagging about asking this girl out you and her could have married and put your kids through college. Nuff said.

N790SW
2007-01-06, 01:27 PM
Woaaa nooo offense to anyone else " Worst Thread"- hey granted I posted something about this before, but worst thread? ummm isnt that what this part of the form is for " To talk to other users and w.e else" soo thats what I did and thats my 2 cents, and maybe it was my mistake i dont know but w.e thanks for those who gave advice.

Matt Molnar
2007-01-06, 02:46 PM
Does this girl have a MySpace so we can collectively stalk her, err, I mean, get an idea of her personality so we can give you better advice? :mrgreen:

nwafan20
2007-01-06, 02:53 PM
GothamSpotter, great idea!! Hey, she have a phone number too? We can give it to Alex from Illinois so he can call her while hes at his meeting!!!

N790SW
2007-01-06, 03:07 PM
hahah yeaa shes gotta myspace rofl. ooyeaa alex stalking her is a wonderfull idea!!!!..

T-Bird76
2007-01-06, 03:09 PM
hahah yeaa shes gotta myspace rofl. ooyeaa alex stalking her is a wonderfull idea!!!!..

Alex has a better shot! He'd make a move already!

emshighway
2007-01-06, 03:48 PM

Boy, this isn't too hard to figure out. I would put money on Christina :P

Dude, take a deep breath and ask her out. The worst that can happen is she says no. If you don't ask her out you could regret it the rest of your life.

nwafan20
2007-01-06, 04:05 PM
Exactly,

Let's go through the different options you have:

You could not do it, and be alone forever
You could not do it, and only have Phil's camera to comfort you
You could not do it, and find another girl (Who you don't like as much as Christina)
You could do it, and she would say yes... blah blah blah, happy ever after
You could do it, and she would say yes, and you have some good times together then find out shes not the right women for you
You could do it, and have her say no, but still be good friends
You could do it, and have her say no, and not be friends

The good out weights the bad in my opinion. If you never ask her, how will you know what she would have said?

BUT, word of warning, try to ease her into it slowly, don't just randomly say "Christina, I LOVE YOU!!!" Ask her to go to the movies, or your next school dance/play (depending on your age, you haven't told any of us your age), or find something out that she likes and invite her to do that.

Also, if on her Myspace, you are in her top 8, she will say yes, guaranteed! ;)

The point is, JUST DO IT!!!

Here's a challenge for you, do NOT touch your computer or post on NYCA until you ask her out, if that means calling her right now, DO IT!!!

N790SW
2007-01-06, 04:12 PM
I am 17, and shes 16- but she acts alot more mature for her age, I have been on her top 8 before, what happened i dont know lol. Shes always there for me , she always listens to me soo I think its all good. Movies, or what ever else would be good. I am also a good sweet talker, soo that might be another good thing to have right. I deffinatly dont want to be alone forever and see Alex marry her =P

N790SW
2007-01-06, 04:15 PM
This is my myspace link for those who have it:

http://www.myspace.com/bobby2470 shes number one on my top 24

while your at it - add me too.

nwafan20
2007-01-06, 04:16 PM
Then get off the dang computer and go call her!!

NOW!!!

Iberia A340-600
2007-01-06, 04:19 PM
Wow Bobby she is one pretty girl!

As one of her picture says "the only guy who deserves you is the one who thinks he doesn't"

Think she means you. ;)

Get off your ass and give her a call!

nwafan20
2007-01-06, 04:23 PM
Get off your ass and give her a call!

Ive already yelled at him to do that, someone is procrastinating! Gordon, go get the cattle prod!!! THIS should be fun!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

N790SW
2007-01-06, 04:27 PM
I am calling her tonight- IT BETTA BE ME WHENI GETT OFF MY ASS AND CALL HER LOL. I think shes know known as the girl EVERYONE on NYC Aviaton knows about rofl.

nwafan20
2007-01-06, 04:28 PM
Tell ya what Bobby, if you don't do it wthin the next day and report back to this forum about it (in this topic), I will ask her out for you myself through Myspace! Better take the initiative or face having ME ask your girl out for you and me showing her your posts about her! You don't want that do you? ;)

Also, I bet she already knows that you like her... SO JUST DO IT (or I will)!!!

nwafan20
2007-01-06, 04:29 PM
I am calling her tonight- IT BETTA BE ME WHENI GETT OFF MY ASS AND CALL HER LOL.

Good, don't chicken out now!

I think shes know known as the girl EVERYONE on NYC Aviaton knows about rofl.

What???

N790SW
2007-01-06, 04:31 PM
N790SW wrote:

I think shes know known as the girl EVERYONE on NYC Aviaton knows about rofl.

What???

Soo far it seems like everyone responded to this thread - hence me saying the girl that everyone on NYC aviation knows about lol.

Mellyrose
2007-01-06, 04:31 PM
Bobby....

How's this for incentive? I'm going to LOCK this thread if the next thing you post is anything BUT the results of you asking her out.

I'm not kidding. This is fair warning. Resist the urge to reply.

nwafan20
2007-01-06, 04:44 PM
Bobby....

How's this for incentive? I'm going to LOCK this thread if the next thing you post is anything BUT the results of you asking her out.

I'm not kidding. This is fair warning. Resist the urge to reply.

That doesn't count for the rest of us does it? Do we ALL need to ask her out? Can't we just leave that up to Bobby and Alex??? :)

Matt Molnar
2007-01-06, 04:47 PM
"In US and A, if you want to marry a girl, you cannot just go to her father's house and swap her for 15 gallons of insecticide."

S7vWi8sosg4

N790SW
2007-01-06, 04:48 PM
I am sorry even though this is not the result of me asking her out - please no one message her about this topic , as she doesnt know about it, for those who have myspace. I willl ask her out you shal see the response in a day or two. Thanks for all your advice.

Mel or anyone else please dont lock this thread yet.

PhilDernerJr
2007-01-06, 04:52 PM
You just wasted a lot of people's time in five pages of posts for.....zero.

http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/whyamlaugh.jpg

hiss srq
2007-01-06, 06:16 PM
oh hang on which chick on myspace is it bobby? ;)

emshighway
2007-01-08, 04:32 PM
Well, it's been two days...

N790SW
2007-01-08, 05:07 PM
I just want to state to everyone who responded and helped me out with this that I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS and that I have tried calling her and she even told me shes been really busy and we will talk soon- and that was on aim. I am not going to ask her on a date on aim to because its just stupid too. I thank everyone for helping me with this. Trust me I want all this to happen to ok. I also had a fam emergecny the otherday soo that didnt help niether.

jran225
2007-01-08, 07:25 PM
Just remember what we talked about the other day man.. :wink:

Greets,
-Omar S,

mirrodie
2007-01-08, 08:01 PM
Your 17. You didn't go shopping with Phil D at the bodega and lose something did you?

Just ask her to meet up and hang. Have fun.

And thanks for introducing me to the joys of myspace. Top 8? WFT?

N790SW
2007-01-08, 09:37 PM
hahaah and Omar I remebered everything =].

jran225
2007-01-09, 06:39 PM
Well...? Was she busy again today. :P

Greets,
-Omar S,

Mellyrose
2007-01-09, 06:39 PM
She was probably washing her hair. :lol:

pinktristar
2007-01-09, 06:41 PM
Ask this young lady out, and it doesnt have to be something real serious.. Coffee, lunch (I suggest you get out of the car and go in if you can!). Something not too threatening, which movies and dinner dates can be!

And listen to what she has to say - make sure you ask plenty of questions.. Nothing we like more than talking about ourselves..

I'd seriously suggest avoidng the airport at least this time!

As for equipment.. I think it would take a few dates to know if she could handle it especially if you are getting a telephoto out. Keep your exposure in check and make sure if anything develops it isnt negative! hehehe!!
:D

Geoff

emshighway
2007-01-09, 07:55 PM
Has anyone noticed there is over a thousand views on this thread?

Mellyrose
2007-01-09, 09:10 PM
Proves the "car accident" theory.

N790SW
2007-01-09, 09:46 PM
I hate responding to this thread when we still havent talked to each other cuz we have both been busy and ironically her away says doin my hair lol. I am hopeing to talk to her tonight, guys trust me I have been doin this for a wile and I want to tell you all what she says too because I didnt aim to waste peoples time. I am sure Mel and everyone else knows how 16 year old girls are lol.

N790SW
2007-01-10, 04:25 PM
It didnt work out. Soo if Phil or Mel want to lock this thread its really fine by me......

nwafan20
2007-01-10, 05:50 PM
By didn't work out, do you mean she rejected you? If so, move on, your better than her.

hiss srq
2007-01-10, 05:52 PM
Yeah def move on man either that or you play the hard to get one make a girl chase you. I never chase unless its a REALLY REALLY smokin hot one or she likes to be chased. You know keep them guessing... Than it is more fun...

N790SW
2007-01-10, 05:56 PM
Well I found out she likes someone soo when I asked her out on a date, she said she rlly likes someone else and shes sorry.

Matt Molnar
2007-01-10, 07:49 PM
http://www.7hmgaming.com/hostedimages/slore.jpg

N790SW
2007-01-10, 10:29 PM
Hey this is the last I have to say about this. I dont care what anyone else has to say when i say this but Christina is a good person and if shes just my friend then shes a good friend too. Please dont think of her as a bad person for this.

Mellyrose
2007-01-10, 10:33 PM
Hey, 7 pages....at least the post count is up!

jran225
2007-01-10, 11:18 PM
Heartbreaker.

filler..
filler..
filler..

Greets,
-Omar S.

Matt Molnar
2007-01-10, 11:58 PM
Hey, 7 pages....at least the post count is up!

We're on pace to substantially beat the records for new topics and replies which were set last month.