PDA

View Full Version : MDW Surprise

lijk604
2007-01-03, 10:15 AM
Whlie travelling yesterday to St. Louis on SWA (Thumbs up!), I had a connection in Chicago-Midway. While taxi-ing to the gate, I saw a real surprise. MD-80 business jet -- SX-IFA, I couldnt get a good shot from where I was sitting, so here is a link with pics inside & out!

http://www.gainjet.com/media/gen_pdf/GJ_Brchr.pdf

cancidas
2007-01-03, 11:50 AM
very nice. saw thsi one in FRG a few years ago, simply beautiful!

PhilDernerJr
2007-01-03, 12:33 PM
I really love private MD80s, and as of now, I know of only two that exist. (the other being N143G I believe, based at Van Nuys). I'm jealous!

T-Bird76
2007-01-03, 12:37 PM
I've seen that bird at MDW a few times along with some private 732s and a stray Champion Air 727 on occasion.

Alex T
2007-01-03, 03:57 PM
Glad to hear you enjoyed SWA out to STL. The East Terminal is really something at Lambert, and in My opinion a hell lot better then the main terminal in some places.

How long you in STL? Shoot me a pm if you want I have a couple of days of traveling in and out of STL on SWA next week.

Alex

lijk604
2007-01-03, 10:55 PM
Hate to say it Tommy, Alex is right. The East Terminal at STL is a PALACE compared to the dump AA flies out of. The main terminal is dark, gloomy, and the windows are tinted heavily so no pictures would look good. The SWA (East) Terminal is bright, open, and clean. Restaurants look better too, so Alex I would say the East terminal is better than the whole damn main terminal.

Mateo
2007-01-04, 01:36 AM
SX-IFA is the former OE-IFA, which showed up at Dulles a couple of times carrying members of the Iraqi government. Offhand, I can also think of 287KB and VP-CNI (both MD-87s) as VIP-configged Mad Dogs. There are a bunch of DC-9s done up as VIP birds, but I think that's a bit too far outside the scope of this topic.

MarkLawrence
2007-01-04, 01:53 PM
At KPBI over New Year, there was a private DC9-15 - N8860 - registered to SCAIFE FLIGHT OPERATIONS LLC. I wasn't able to get too close to it, but got a very dull picture (it was early evening) - I'll try and work something on it and post it here later. Very nice looking DC9.

MarkLawrence
2007-01-04, 11:21 PM
Here is the DC9 I mentioned above - sorry for the bad quality - it was really late in the afternoon.

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/m/a/marlawre/images/DSC_1854.JPG

Midnight Mike
2007-01-04, 11:26 PM
Whlie travelling yesterday to St. Louis on SWA (Thumbs up!), I had a connection in Chicago-Midway. While taxi-ing to the gate, I saw a real surprise. MD-80 business jet -- SX-IFA, I couldnt get a good shot from where I was sitting, so here is a link with pics inside & out!

http://www.gainjet.com/media/gen_pdf/GJ_Brchr.pdf

Wow! The interior is gorgeous, on par with Gulfstreams & BBJ's

Midnight Mike
2007-01-04, 11:27 PM
I really love private MD80s, and as of now, I know of only two that exist. (the other being N143G I believe, based at Van Nuys). I'm jealous!

There is a private MD87 based out of Canada, company called Charthright, they ferry Clinton around the world.....