PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets, Knicks in wild free-for-all; 10 players tossed

Midnight Mike
2006-12-17, 12:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=261216018

NIKV69
2006-12-17, 05:37 PM
Watched the game replay on MSG. That was a bad foul ro start the melee. He should be suspended for at least 3 games. The knicks have officially hit bottom. They looked so horrible last night.

Matt Molnar
2006-12-17, 07:31 PM
I don't really care about basketball, but I can't wait for the Nets to move to Brooklyn so I have someone to root against the Knicks.

And yes that foul was ridiculous, but I think the guy who was fouled and anyone else who threw a punch will get similarly harsh penalties from the league.

SCOTYDEMCO
2006-12-17, 08:29 PM
The Knicks are horrible and alot of people on both sides are to blame! But what's up with Carmello Anthony's open fist punch, then runs away like a you know what. No brains and no heart.

hiss srq
2006-12-17, 08:35 PM
The NBA is one of the most unporfessional group of athletes out there.... Bad role models and cetrainly need to be fined and punished to the maximum the NBA can.

T-Bird76
2006-12-17, 08:42 PM
The Knicks have been a total disgrace ever since Dolan took over MSG. Goodole Jimmy couldn't find his way out of paper bad let alone run a professional sports team. Same with the Ranges, they suck to.

Tom_Turner
2006-12-18, 12:30 AM
The NBA is one of the most unporfessional group of athletes out there.... Bad role models and cetrainly need to be fined and punished to the maximum the NBA can.

i'm not sure the NBA as a whole is full of unprofessional athletes.. they seem fairly professionial to me - at least most of the them.

I realize there's some selfish players and some egomaniacs of course...

As for "role model".. I don't know.. Their job is to play basketball and they're chosen because they are the best at that..

Tom

Tom_Turner
2006-12-18, 12:38 AM
Watched the game replay on MSG. That was a bad foul ro start the melee. He should be suspended for at least 3 games. The knicks have officially hit bottom. They looked so horrible last night.

It was a rotten foul to be sure ..but in their better days the Knicks dished out and recieved worse.

I can still remember Kurt Thomas punching Jalen Rose in the face on a Christmas day network telecast....

And, too, Chris Childs decking Kobe Bryant in the face.. .ah memories.. 8)

The Knicks didn't always respect their oponents in those days.. and one difference is now, their oponents do not respect them anymore.

Tom

Matt Molnar
2006-12-18, 02:50 PM
Hahahha.

Penalties handed down by the league today:

Nuggets
Carmelo Anthony: 15 games
J.R. Smith: 10 games
Nene: 1 game
Team: $500,000 fine

Knicks
Nate Robinson: 10 games
Mardy Collins: 6 games
Jared Jeffries: 4 games
Jerome James: 1 game
Team: $500,000 fine

Surprised Isiah didn't get a fine for his comments.

Mateo
2006-12-18, 07:06 PM
Isiah wasn't suspended because it hurts the Knicks more to have him on the sidelines!

Matt Molnar
2006-12-18, 08:06 PM
Good call.

RDU-JFK
2006-12-19, 09:23 AM
Isiah is such a joke. Karl had some pretty good stuff to say to Isiah.

Matt Molnar
2006-12-19, 05:06 PM
Word is the Nuggets have traded the NBA's leading scorer and #2 dirtbag, Carmelo Anthony, for the #2 scorer and #1 dirtbag, Allen Iverson.

Matt Molnar
2006-12-20, 07:24 PM
This report was incorrect. Iverson went to Denver, but Anthony was not involved. That would have been moronic, but that didn't stop all the news orgs from repeating it for a couple hours. Now the Nuggets have the top two scorers AND the top two thugs in the league...yay!