PDA

View Full Version : UAE 737-800 JFK A6-MRM

SengaB
2006-11-29, 04:22 PM
UAE 737-800 JFK A6-MRM was at JFK today.
Yes, yet another VERY disappointing day at the airport. Ever time I go out I am battle CRAP weather. I wish I had some of the lucky that most of you have when you go. I'm almost too embarrassed to show this trash. The haze was even worse than it was yesterday and the sun created some kind of glaz over it.
http://www.nycaviation.com/hosting/uae-01.jpg
Senga

mikephotos
2006-11-29, 04:25 PM
Nice grab Senga. Don't be embarassed, it's 100x better than the shot I got (which is none) :)

Mike

LGA777
2006-11-29, 04:31 PM
Very nice scheme, Senga those shots are very worthwhile, I know I speak for many on this board who appreciates shots like this even if the weather sucks !

Cheers

Ron Peel

MarkLawrence
2006-11-29, 04:33 PM
Second Ron's comments! Great catch Senga.

SengaB
2006-11-29, 04:57 PM
Thank you,
It had departed 10 mins after I arrived at JFK.
I was hoping for the one with the red cheatline but I guess this is the next best thing. It departed as "Dubai Five"
The haze was so bad the camera had some trouble focusing.

Senga

Nonstop2AUH
2006-11-29, 05:48 PM
As a photographer we know you are always striving for technical excellence, but for those of us here who just like to see cool airplanes, the effort is always appreciated even when the weather is not so cooperative. Great job on catching this exotic from my old neighborhood.

Here's a couple of fun facts for those who care. While they pretty much all say "United Arab Emirates" on the side and have UAE A6-XXX civil registrations (as do Emirates and Etihad), each of the 7 emirates that make up the UAE has pretty much their own royal flight (with anything ranging from a King Air to a 747SP) because they each have their own locally-autonomous sheikhs.

A6-MRM you can tell is from Dubai because not only did they use the callsign "Dubai 5," but -MRM is sort of a vanity plate registration, standing for Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum who is both the Ruler of Dubai AND Vice President and Prime Minster of the UAE federation.

It's a very cool place...

SengaB
2006-11-30, 05:19 PM
The UAE 738 is back at JFK now...... landed 22L

Picked it up o ACARS several times today.

Senga

PhilDernerJr
2006-11-30, 11:21 PM
I saw it depart....it was dark and I saw the tail lit up once it was airborne and had no idea what it was. Now I recognize it.

DHG750R
2006-12-04, 03:50 AM
Very interesting , I googled his name and found this

http://www.sheikhmohammed.co.ae/