PDA

View Full Version : Guy with Video stands up for rights.....LANGUAGE WARNING

Derf
2006-11-15, 11:24 AM
I love it, the cop stops asking after he hears it is recording sound!!!!
23QgunoRYxw

nwafan20
2006-11-15, 04:57 PM
I don't agree with what this guy did.

One, I think the police had a right to do what they did, you shouldn't be holding up signs with the F-bomb on it, no matter who your protesting againced, there are little kids out there. They see the sign "Mom, what's Fu*k?"

Now, as for the guy with camera, he did have a right to record it.

G-BOAD
2006-11-15, 05:30 PM
i think he was arrested for obscene speech. if something the police should have took the signs and fined him. also, why should the other guy not film it?

USAF Pilot 07
2006-11-15, 08:08 PM
While I'm all for free speech, as "civilized" Americans let's have a little more common sense than holding up a sign with the F-bomb written on it; regardless of who it is referring to.

Personally, I would think most people driving by, regardless of their political views, would have seen this sign as poor taste and as a reflection on the mentality and education level on the person holding up the sign. It doesn't take a genius to make a sign saying "F**k so-and-so", but it does take a pretty intelligent, well-minded person to actually delve into issues at hand, argue them and present a solution for them.

As for the video, I don't think it shows the entire confrontation. I'm sure the cops came and asked the kid to take the sign down, and based on the reactions of the people on the video, I'm sure the police weren't responded to very well. Now as for the legality of actually making the kid take the sign down, I don't know what the laws are regarding this, but I don't think they could actually order him to stop holding up a sign. Being said, I'm sure if they wanted to, they could, and they may have, found a loophole regarding the whole situation and arrested the kid for that. (maybe for something like impeding traffic, causing a dangerous situation etc...).

Derf
2006-11-15, 09:45 PM
everyone needs to realize that I did not post this because of the sign or
anything about what is being discussed here. I posted this because the
police told the man to stop shooting footage of what was happening and
then shut up as soon as he confirmed there was sound....the cop was out
of line about this and only this.

This was the point of posting it, not the fact that some idiot can not come
up with a good sign....lets face it, he was talking about Bush and the only
thing he could come up with was the F-bomb? He is really a dumb ass,
that is not why I posted it.