PDA

View Full Version : The end of the Castro era near by

hiss srq
2006-11-13, 10:39 PM
Well today all over the news there has been alot of talk about Fidel and that he more than likely has cancer.Alot of people are predicting that he will not make it moe than say another 6 months or so. As much as I hate to see a human die this passing would be a very good thing for the world I think and it might give the chance to unite many people who have not seen each other in quite some time. What does everyone else think about the situation?

nwafan20
2006-11-13, 10:49 PM
The world would be better off without:

Castro
Sadam
Osama
North Korea
Iran
Airbus

So yup, it's a good thing! ;)

moose135
2006-11-13, 11:50 PM
From what I've heard (and I admit I haven't followed it too closely) his brother is his hand-picked successor, and it sounds like he is the "tough guy" of the family. If so, I wouldn't hold out much hope for things changing anytime soon.

It's unfortunate that a small group of Cuban exiles in south Florida have been able to hold US foreign policy hostage for the past four decades. We had diplomatic relations with the Soviet Union, talks with China and Iran, we even talk to North Korea from time to time, yet the thought of official contact with Cuba panics even the strongest of our national leaders.

Many people expected Castro would fold up his tent when the Soviet Union collapsed and could no longer support Cuba. So far, more than a decade later, it doesn't look like that is happening.

Iberia A340-600
2006-11-14, 12:26 AM
Speaking of Castro I found this shot the other day on my mom's computer and fixed it up:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=1208036