PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Problem: Scratch Disks

G-BOAD
2006-11-13, 10:18 PM
Photoshop problem: Scratch Disks
i try to do stuff in photoshop, like crop a photo, but when i click enter or OK button there comes a pop up that tells me it cant be done because "the Scratch disks are full"
did anybody have this problem and what did you do
thanks
-Matt

PS i use Photoshop CS

Winglets747
2006-11-13, 10:35 PM
I've gotten that message when I:
-have too many files open in Photoshop
-have been using Photoshop for too long

My best solution is just shut down Photoshop and re-start it. Problem goes away.

If you get the message a lot, the hard drive containing Program Files may not have enough room.

You can usually see this as the available space on your main hard drive decreases as you use Photoshop during a single session. Once you close Photoshop, the available space returns to normal.

-Will

Mellyrose
2006-11-13, 10:37 PM
You may not have (a) enough memory to be running the program. How much RAM do you have on your computer? or (b) your harddrive may be nearing capacity. What size HD do you have and how many Gs do you have remaining?

mikephotos
2006-11-14, 01:26 AM
When you crop, be sure you add the PX for pixels because if you leave that out and just do 1024 (for example) it thinks it's inches and well, you probably won't have enough space to work with a 1024 inch wide image.

Mike

JRadier
2006-11-14, 08:25 PM
When you crop, be sure you add the PX for pixels because if you leave that out and just do 1024 (for example) it thinks it's inches and well, you probably won't have enough space to work with a 1024 inch wide image.

Mike
I normally just enter 1024 and hit enter, works like a charm

G-BOAD
2006-11-14, 09:00 PM
thanks a lot guys, i think that was my problem. i put in PX and it cropped like a charm